LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Vaistech SL2Vi and Ultimate Lockpick?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-08, 11:31 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech SL2Vi and Ultimate Lockpick?

I've searched many CL threads and I cannot find the answer so I am hoping someone on this forum can help.

Is there an advantage(s) of installing both the SL2Vi from Vaistech and an Ultimate Lockpick1 from Coastal Tech?

What I want to be able to do are the following and have them controlled through the Nav:
- use my Ipod for music
- use my Ipod for video viewing on my nav screen
- in the future, add/install an external DVD player and additional monitors
in the front seat headrests
- bypass/override the limitations of the nav and other stuff (bluetooth, etc...)

I know that either one of the above products allows some of the capabilities, and at the same time overlap (i.e. provide the same capabilities). But, neither one of them has all. So, I guess the question is not only what are the advantages (like can both be installed to take advantage of the total features), or is there an issue with installing both?

Any insight you may have based on either experience or evaluation or investigation, would be greatly appreciated. I purchased the SL2Vi during the recent GB and before having it installed, have been thinking that I also should get the Lockpick and have them installed at the same time if having both makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 12-03-08, 08:35 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

I have the Vais tech video and everything works well the only problem is in order to play the video from the ipod the parking brake must be on. I am trying to find out a way to play the video while I am driving but so far There is no answer.
Old 12-04-08, 02:46 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

I saw your reported issue on the other thread(s). I am surprised folks haven't provided an answer for you yet on that one. Bummer.

I will let you know if I have similar issues when I get mine installed.

For all others, back to my question.... Does anyone have any feedback/comment on whether or not having both the vaistech and lockpick1 modules is a good thing or simply a waste of $?
Old 12-12-08, 07:55 AM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JemmyTran
I have the Vais tech video and everything works well the only problem is in order to play the video from the ipod the parking brake must be on. I am trying to find out a way to play the video while I am driving but so far There is no answer.

Any resolution yet?
Old 03-14-09, 09:49 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did yall purchase the SL2Vi from the vaistech site itself? I've seen these being sold on ebay as well for about $150 cheaper. Just tryna see if that would be a safe buy.
Old 03-15-09, 07:29 AM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Bought mine from Vaistech. Still haven't installed it yet though.
Old 03-15-09, 12:21 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JemmyTran

A while a ago one of my first cars i bought was a chevy Tahoe. I had flip down screens and a in dash tv/ dvd player put in. Had the same problem the monitor would only play the dvd's in park while the brake was on. My solution was i had a friend of mine that does that type of thing just wire it so that my brake light was always on therefore allowing the dvd to play. Then disconnecting the fuse to the e-brakes light on the dash. It worked fine for me.....but then again this aint no CHEVY!!!!
Old 03-15-09, 01:39 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by So Philly1
...but then again this aint no CHEVY!!!!
LOL you can say that again.... Nor is it a Caddy.. Maybe they will be in business next year,,,, maybe not. Funny how many Toyotas I see on the road now that I am a Toyota and a Lexus owner... Even the Tundra is starting to populate the roads more.