Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Guys, let's keep the thread on topic please
Old 12-11-08, 10:35 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I love R34 more than 35!!
Last time I was in Japan, I saw a nice modded V-spec II Nur, my tears almost drop.
Everyone say that until they drive the 35.

The 34 was very cool for it's time, it is classic and very historical. But the 35 is so much more advance, it makes the 34 feels like a dinosaur, a bone stock 35 is just as fast as a heavily modded 34, so unless you want the 34 for the historical value, the 35 is the one to have

Last edited by BNR34; 12-11-08 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 10:36 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, let's keep the thread on topic please
I am sorry, got carry away
Old 12-11-08, 10:42 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sojah
i used to be stationed with a guy in okinawa who married an okinawa chick who parents gave the guy a brand spanking new 2004 r-34 gtr v spec II midnight jade special addition as a marriage gift.
02' was the last model year for the 34

sorry lexus but brabus has it hands down... does lexus even have a tuner like amg or anything???
Brabus don't run everyday like a F

Old 12-11-08, 10:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe it was an brand spanking new ,,, dude my bad it was in 02 i don't know why i said 04... i think i'm getting old... hmmmm....

but yeah a little off topic and my bads for continuing the off topic conversation...

so F is supposed to be the amg equivalent. are there any private places that can 'F' your car for you, like other companies and other tuners...???
Old 12-11-08, 10:50 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I am jealous!!!!
No need to be jealous, I don't have them anymore

Last edited by BNR34; 12-11-08 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 11:01 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

maybe it was an brand spanking new ,,, dude my bad it was in 02 i don't know why i said 04... i think i'm getting old... hmmmm....
Dude we are all old geezers here, we are in the LS forum!

so F is supposed to be the amg equivalent.
Correct, factory tuning.

are there any private places that can 'F' your car for you, like other companies and other tuners...???
There are lots of generic tuners like WALD, but there are no dedicated tuner for Lexus other then F Sport and L-Tune.

We need to get back on topic before Dave kick us out
Old 12-11-08, 11:13 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

back on topic, if they rebuild the airbag for $400 each, so it's 1600 for the bill, + installation.
Isn't it cheaper if go with aftermarket airbag, with the stock airhoses and upgraded airpump?? I am no expert on Airsuspension. Just a thought.
I can get aftermarket airpump for good price which pumps 3 times+ faster.

In fact, I was thinking since the stock pump is too slow, can we just upgrade the airpump to get faster response? or we need to change to larger hoses too?
Old 12-11-08, 11:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i just read yesterday from an older post on this forum that someone tried to upgrade the airpump and it blew the bag or strut or whatever the 2nd day in was in use. the guy ended up paying a lot of money out of pocket for aftermarket stuff after this apparently...
Old 12-11-08, 11:32 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Wow, that's scary!
Old 12-11-08, 12:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

See that's the thing with everything aftermarket in general, you never know what you are getting and how it is going to work. That is why I hate them and try to stay away from aftermarket as much as possible now. The reason why aftermarket parts are so much cheaper then OEM most of the time is because there are no R&D behind most aftermarket parts, most of them are some highschool kids welded something together, or machined some parts and guess it is going to work, basically your car is the prototype. Some old car modder gave me some wisdoms once, on OEM parts, the company spended $millions on R&D with hundreds of real professional engineers spending years to design it and test it before it goes to the market. For aftermarket parts, you are doing the R&D and testing for the company, if it fail on your car, they look at it and redesign it, they'll give you a revised part if you are lucky. That is why OEM parts like the F-sport come to the market 3 years after the IS came out, and aftermarket parts take 2 weeks! And people complain about why OEM parts take so long to come to the market

Regarding using bigger pumps and different bags, unless you are a real engineer and break out the fluid dynamic text book to calculate everything to make sure they would work together. But then it still require testing, and the quality of the aftermarket components are still unknown.

In reality, modding is just a tons of trial and errors, it is one HUGE R&D money pit, not to mention HUGE amount of time and effort involved. I honestly don't have that kind of money and time, so I am sticking with OEM or OEM rebuild

Aftermarket stuff is ok for simple things that doesn't matter, like shift **** or window curtains, but for major components, you got to be crazy or have A LOT of time and money.

A while ago, some guy told me to use these aftermarket ball joint extension adapter to improve the camber curve on my STi, I was like you would be insane to put those on your car especially since it is the 1st batch of product that just hit the market. He didn't listen to me and put it on his car anyway, bragging how much better his STi handle, sure enough, few days later the ball joint come apart, his whole front end hit the ground He was lucky he wasn't on the freeway! I was like see, "I told you".

Sorry for the venting

Last edited by BNR34; 12-11-08 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 12:21 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

In fact, I was thinking since the stock pump is too slow, can we just upgrade the airpump to get faster response? or we need to change to larger hoses too?
I heard from some air suspension guru here before, the reason the suspension react so slow on the LSs is mainly due to the lack of an air tank, not so much the air pump is weak.

But that's just what I heard.......
Old 12-11-08, 08:30 PM
big_blzr94
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Yeah they are $700 wholesale, you don't even need a hookup for that price, www.lexuspartsworld.com would give that to anyone everyday.

But the rebuild one is $400, still $300 cheaper then wholesale OEM.
dude 820 + shipping is no wear near 700 a unit, but your right 300 to 400 more to my liking. I also have to keep in mind how long till the come to market cause I have a pretty bad leaker.
Old 12-12-08, 05:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

so i'm about to buy an 05 ul ls430 hopefully on monday mainly to slap on an air data systems controller thing to make it sit all pretty like, now i'm curious if the asus controller thing is actually bad for the car since its pretty much a 100% aftermarket part and all. i really wanted to keep this lexus close to stock except for like the grill, tint, lights, sub + amp n what not. what kinds of negative issues would i possibly be looking at because i can ill afford to replace the struts at 1000/ a piece in the near term???
Old 12-12-08, 09:32 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by big_blzr94
dude 820 + shipping is no wear near 700 a unit, but your right 300 to 400 more to my liking. I also have to keep in mind how long till the come to market cause I have a pretty bad leaker.
Man the price went up!

Well 820-10% discount is 738, but yeah, still have to pay shipping. The last time I talked to them, he told me he can do 700......

Yeah it won't make it for your car, that is why we have to get them to make it now before other people's struts goes bad.

Quick Reply: Everyone who has a UL, please read this