LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Strange...Window Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 06:37 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

ditto. What product did the Lexus dealer use to lubricate the rubber? This sounds nasty, i know...
Old 10-20-09, 07:53 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The silicone spray being discussed here is available under a variety of brand names from nearly all auto part stores. Cost is around $4-5 a can. It's in the lubricant part of the auto store, usually near the WD40. Read the instructions and be sure to find one that is safe for use on rubber.

Clean the down the rubber on your doors first, then apply this. It appears to evaporate to nothing after you wipe or spray it on, but it's there and will work. Also make sure that the cars paint in the door jam (where the rubber contacts it) is clean and NOT caked in dirt. If you usually visit a strong touchless car wash you'll likely find that dirt has been pushed down in between the rubber and paint on your door, which is probably the cause of your problem in the first place.
Old 12-03-09, 03:47 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

I think we have this problem with the window not hitting the top of the door jam--sounds like the motor is trying to push the windows up more or like a minute rattle (you have to listen, but when you hear it its annoying)...it makes some noise at low speeds, but at high speeds (I guess due low pressure of the ourside and the higher pressure of the cabin the window gets pushed so its not rattling) the problem is resolved...do you think the dealer will charge for this?
Old 06-03-10, 01:25 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

so now i have what started as a slight whistle and is now pretty noticeable to me and is very annoying. seems to be coming from the top back corner of the drivers side window only. it went away after a car wash but is now back. i do always go to those high powered wash places but can't seem to find any dirt or debris stuck up inside the window sill. it seems to me like the window is only closing 99% and causing this whistle... help please......!!!!

i am about to buy the oem window visors in hopes to solve this problem, but in the mean time how the hell do i get it to stop...
Old 06-10-10, 12:31 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

^ ^ ^ i doubt anyone is actually following this thread but if they are:

i went to an auto parts store yesterday, no silicon spray... i just went to walmart and checked their automotive section, they had this spray next to all the other odd auto lubes and it said silicon spray on it real big, bottle was $2.95. i brought it out to my car (after paying for it, rolled the window down about 75% and sprayed the whole top inch long rubber piece (on the inside of the window when the window is rolled up) and then after about 10 seconds wiped off the excess. i did this about 3 times until most of it seemed like it had a slick surface to it. then i hoped in my car and drove off. i could roll the window down and back up numerous times and every time the window closed the wind noise was completely gone.....

PROBLEM SOLVED.