LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430UL motion sensing override

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-09, 09:43 AM
wilfw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS430UL motion sensing override

I saw the post on the nav override. Does anyone know how to override motion sensing on all the phone/nav/music features on the LS430UL. I would like to be able to enter a phone number while the car is in motion. Doing so on the screen has got to be safer than doing it on a blackberry. Displaying the numbers in the one-touch dialing buttons seems like another desirable function while in motion. Otherwise you have to stop the car to see what the one-touch will dial.

Also, the car disables the MSG display on the FM channels when in motion. This means that you have keep looking at a scrolling 8 character display instead of reading a single line.

There must be a way to allow the owner of the car to decide what functions are enabled when the car is in motion.
Old 01-04-09, 09:49 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfw
I saw the post on the nav override. Does anyone know how to override motion sensing on all the phone/nav/music features on the LS430UL. I would like to be able to enter a phone number while the car is in motion. Doing so on the screen has got to be safer than doing it on a blackberry. Displaying the numbers in the one-touch dialing buttons seems like another desirable function while in motion. Otherwise you have to stop the car to see what the one-touch will dial.

Also, the car disables the MSG display on the FM channels when in motion. This means that you have keep looking at a scrolling 8 character display instead of reading a single line.

There must be a way to allow the owner of the car to decide what functions are enabled when the car is in motion.
Members have been trying for sometime, and options are available. I'm sure you can splice the speed sensor wire and ground it, but your navigation will not be as accurate.

You can use a verity of devices that will enable the override, but some have ran into issues with the upgraded navigation software.

The issue is the transfer of liability. When your looking at your phone, its not Lexus' problem if anything was to happen.

Feel free to read over the many threads written about this very topic.
Old 01-04-09, 11:11 AM
wilfw
Driver School Candidate

Everything I have seen so far requires physical modifications to the car. With the number of LEXUS owners looking for a override you would think that Lexus or an ex-employee would post a firmware patch that turns off the NANNY functions.
Old 01-04-09, 11:18 AM
aristobb
Driver School Candidate

go to Menu -> Volume -> Top Left Corner -> Bottom Left Corner -> Top Left again -> Top Right again (Hold for 2 seconds), the hidden menu will come up, then you hold the override button for 2 seconds til it beeps.

the only down side is you have to do it everything you turn off and on the car
Old 01-05-09, 09:55 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default On and off

Originally Posted by aristobb
go to Menu -> Volume -> Top Left Corner -> Bottom Left Corner -> Top Left again -> Top Right again (Hold for 2 seconds), the hidden menu will come up, then you hold the override button for 2 seconds til it beeps.

the only down side is you have to do it everything you turn off and on the car

Ahhhh... what's a few presses. You gotta hit the "Agree" anyway...

What a pain in the rear Lexus does to make us override that carp. On top of that, I think this "bypass" only works up to version 6 or something on the GPS. I have an '04 Gen 4 unit with version 4.1 I believe, so I'm still good.