sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and some more:

Old 04-17-09, 11:13 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice pics buddy!

I see you know to park next to a car that is in the same class so no door dings. BTW looks like MB S-Class is running your lot, any other LS owners around?
Old 04-17-09, 11:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

there are 2 nice s430's but only one gets remotely taken care of, and believe it or not i thought the same thing about parking next to the mb (respect and all right) but it is quite the opposite for the old man who owns that s430, he treats it like *** and i've see him throw open his door many times and hit other cars in the parking lot, i usually try to avoid parking next to him as much as possible and whenever i go out in the morning and notice his next to mine i go check for marks first thing... there are about 13 small various 3 series-ish convertibles a few jags & cadis a lot of bmw's and mb's but only one other lex (IS), only one scion too which is my wifes (XA). no garage and way to many old people with money = lots of poorly kept expensive cars.
Old 04-19-09, 06:54 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice bro!nice and slammed!
Old 04-19-09, 08:01 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good...!!!
Old 04-20-09, 04:32 AM
Tee

Thx for the feedback, I bet you wish there were assigned parking spots. Stay away from the guy who probaly opens his door with his foot, sad people want nice whips but have no clue how to take care of them.
Old 04-20-09, 05:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i kinda wish there was assigned parking (go figure - cuz i used to hate it). i was messing with my front lowering sensors on sat and that old guy pulled up in his mb s430 and there was an even older guy sitting in the back seat (prob his father i believe) and they were just getting back from lunch when they pulled up. i watched both the driver side doors fly open narrowly avoiding the cadi they parked next to and then i hear the wife say something about hand me a towel or napkin quick your father spilled his spaghetti leftovers from lunch. the owner/ driver said don't worry about it pop i'll go get a towel from inside and come back to clean it up... i saw the old man get out with a completely empty take out box container that looked like it was at least half full of spaghetti & red sauce that apparently spilled somewhere inside that s430 with the light color interior. i was out there for about 15-20 more minutes and i never saw anyone come back out to clean up the mess. one of my other neighbors has had a bmw service vehicle instead of her bmw now for about 2 weeks, and no she does not work for bmw.
Old 04-21-09, 03:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

How much a car worth has no relation to how well it's owner treat it, everything is relative and everyone has different preferences.

A Civic that worth $2k might be everything to a poor guy, but a Bugatti Veyron could mean nothing to some billionaire.

Parking next to a Veyron doesn't guarantee he won't give you a door ding

Actually a lot of times, the more expensive a car is, the less the owner care about it, because it means less to them.

Last edited by BNR34; 04-22-09 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-21-09, 03:25 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah its pretty sad that it is that way sometimes ^ ^ ^.
Old 04-22-09, 08:44 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah its pretty sad that it is that way sometimes ^ ^ ^.
That's the way it is, I park away from everyone, I don't care what kind of car it is.

I once saw a lady who treat her daily driven Porsche 911 Turbo like a $200 1987 Sentra, her 911 haven't been wash in what seems like a few years, paint faded, big dent on the quarter panel, the front spoiler is torned half way, half is still attached, half is dragging on the ground, all rims are curbed to hell, rear muffler is backed into and all bent and deformed. When I saw it, the car was only 2~3 years old, it is still an expensive car!
Old 04-22-09, 09:43 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah, there needs to be like an agency who goes and rescues vehicles that are being abused by their owners,, like that one that comes and rescues pets from abusive homes... but on the flip side i think its hilarious sometimes to see some guy with an 88 honda accord that spends like 4 hours cleaning it and waxing it up and shinning up the old *** dash pieces, when its all said and done he is still driving an old *** honda.
Old 04-22-09, 10:30 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, there needs to be like an agency who goes and rescues vehicles that are being abused by their owners,, like that one that comes and rescues pets from abusive homes...
well cars don't have feeling, so it is ok.

but on the flip side i think its hilarious sometimes to see some guy with an 88 honda accord that spends like 4 hours cleaning it and waxing it up and shinning up the old *** dash pieces, when its all said and done he is still driving an old *** honda.
It is funny how it is. I do appreciate people who cares though. I did highend car detailing when I was in high school, I have seen both sides. I had a guy who pay me $200 to buff out his old VW rabbit that worth probably $500~$1000. And I washed a guy's brand new Ferrari F355 that he pay $180k for, I offered to wax it and condition the leather for $100, he declined it, saying he is only going to keep it for 1 year, the paint won't fade and the leather won't dry up before he get rid of it! Is true though
Old 04-22-09, 10:34 AM
Tee

yeah, there needs to be like an agency who goes and rescues vehicles that are being abused by their owners,, like that one that comes and rescues pets from abusive homes... but on the flip side i think its hilarious sometimes to see some guy with an 88 honda accord that spends like 4 hours cleaning it and waxing it up and shinning up the old *** dash pieces, when its all said and done he is still driving an old *** honda.
Depends on the eye of the beholder, only the owner sees the good in the car he is passionate about taking care of. On the outside looking in a lot of people see a POS car, look at it like this. If I told you someone put a dent in my car, and (left me to find out on my own) I’m going on & on about it until you take a look. When you finally see it you are say "Ahhhh it's a small dent bro" but sucks none the less, to me the dent is freakin HUGE!!

One thing is for sure there are some people who are not car nuts like us.
Old 04-22-09, 11:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah, my neighbors all think i'm crazy cuz i might spend 3 hours a week outside cleaning or adjusting stuff on it...
Old 04-22-09, 04:32 PM
adob0
Driver

good pics!