LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

got drop??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 03:52 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got drop??

so i FINALLY got the datasystems controller installed yesterday afternoon. The controller is slightly used so when i turned it on for the first time it was ready to go, it didn't ask you to select the model of car or anything. The guy i got the controller from had the same vehicle, so I am hoping that whoever set it up the first time selected the right options. Is there any way to reset the controller or to verify it they selected the right setup options???

Also, when I first turned it on I put it right into super down mode and put it on L, after seeing how freakin' awesome this looked I put it on 6 and waited about 15 minutes with the car running before I went to drive it home. After waiting about 15 minutes with it set on 6 (car running) it seemed like the driver side was like 1.5 inches or so higher than the passenger side, but when I was driving it down the road it didn't feel out of balance or out of alignment or anything unusual. Is this normal the first time you drop the car??

Also #2, whenever I got up around 60+ mph and then dropped down to a little under 60 mph the HEIGHT HI alert display would appear and flash for about 2 seconds 3 times then disappear. Now I know the controller overrides the factory stuff so I guess I can disregard this display message then?? So this Height Hi display is not adjusting anything while driving right?? BTW the stock button is set to norm and sport modes respectively...

Other than these 3 questions I was completely blown away with the complete awesome-ness of finally having a dropped LS. This has been my goal for some years now and it has finally come true, now i just hope i can enjoy it for a little while...

I used to have a gs400 with some kick *** 20" chrome deep dish lowenharts but no drop... now i have a drop but no rims... LIFE IS HARD SOMETIMES, ISN'T IT???

p.s. i know, i know, pics to come as soon as its not a work day and i can clean this motha sucka'.

special thanks to AIRTIME for the great write up + for answering all my questions on how to do the install.
Old 03-05-09, 05:30 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

You know this was comin......POST PICS!!!!
Old 03-05-09, 06:13 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WTH!!! no pics???? lol
Old 03-05-09, 07:28 AM
adob0
Driver

boooo for no pics.

just kiddin.

congrats sojah, i'm glad your deal came through. i literally just placed my order 5 minutes ago...$678 shipped, 10 business day wait time!
Old 03-05-09, 07:54 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 03-05-09, 07:59 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

pics are worthless if car is dirty,, as in we had a lot of snow and ice and the car is just filthy...

give me a few hours i'll see what i can come up with. and thanks adob0, thats not a bad deal you got yourself, did you go with L-tuned?? is that adob0 as in chicken adobo??
Old 03-05-09, 08:00 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Yup couldn't say it any better. Hurry and post some pics dude!!

Look at airtime's install post it tells you how to start over the programming part.
Old 03-05-09, 08:50 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Hey 2SAVVY I just re read the entire write up from airtime (7 pages) and i again could not find any instructions on how to re-set the controller. if you saw it on there or know how to do it, please tell me or put a link. thanks,
Old 03-05-09, 09:06 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
Hey 2SAVVY I just re read the entire write up from airtime (7 pages) and i again could not find any instructions on how to re-set the controller. if you saw it on there or know how to do it, please tell me or put a link. thanks,
Post #44 on Airtime's thread.

PS: BlackSC400, you need to do the startup procedure again (press upper left on ignition) then go to the speed screen, menu through and you be able to select "NO" for speed sensing. There is a section from the owners manual that shows the "Height Hi" but my friend did not get back to me on the translation yet. Can anyone translate in the meantime?
http://miufrance.com/dave/sample%203.jpg
Lemme know if you need further help or just msg Airtime he is an expert now at this.
Old 03-05-09, 09:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i was wondering if this was the part you were referring to but i was not sure...? so if i can understand this post correctly, then by holding the upper left hand button on the controller on startup of the car will reset the controller??

the rest of the post # 44 after "BlackSC400, you need to do the startup procedure again (press upper left on ignition)" is answering a question blacksc400 had previously posted, so only the one step is telling how to reset it then i guess...? thanks,
Old 03-05-09, 09:39 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
pics are worthless if car is dirty,, as in we had a lot of snow and ice and the car is just filthy...
Bad pic is better then no pic
Old 03-05-09, 10:28 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

^^Agreed.....
Old 03-05-09, 10:53 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

I haven't played with the controller for a while, so I forgot all the steps already!
But holding the left button before turn on the ignition sounds familiar.

Glad you got it installed!
Old 03-05-09, 12:43 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Sojah you know better than to post about new toys, and then not post any pics! Come on bro you had to know how this thread was going to go with no pics, and all text... a pic is worth a 1000 words crappy or not.
Old 03-05-09, 12:48 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i'm leaving work for the car wash now...!! okay, you guys happy??

Quick Reply: got drop??