How pimp is it?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-09, 12:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by racinstyle
no sorry, i dont feel cool at all...maybe even a lil more nerdy hahah
You spend all that time and money on your car and not for feeling cool? Come on now

Maybe you slammed your car on the ground and flushed the wheels to the fender for better aerodynamic for better gas mileage?
Old 03-11-09, 12:19 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

it was all sarcasm guys lol.. But when it was stock, it did feel kind of akward. I always felt that people looked at me saying "oh look he is driving mommy's/daddy's car" . I would always get wierd compliments from old people at gas stations saying "thats a big car sunny", or "arent you a lil young to be driving one of those". Either way once I got it back from the body shop, the compliments all changed and now the car really looks like it belongs to me. Anyone else ever have that feeling or get a comment like that?
Old 03-11-09, 12:25 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by racinstyle
it was all sarcasm guys lol.. But when it was stock, it did feel kind of akward. I always felt that people looked at me saying "oh look he is driving mommy's/daddy's car" . I would always get wierd compliments from old people at gas stations saying "thats a big car sunny", or "arent you a lil young to be driving one of those". Either way once I got it back from the body shop, the compliments all changed and now the car really looks like it belongs to me. Anyone else ever have that feeling or get a comment like that?
Oh yes, 100%. We are all in the same boat

And we really are driving the same "boat"...LOL
Old 03-11-09, 12:40 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too, I can't drive the LS stock, everyone thinks I was driving mom/dad's car.
Now since it modded, the comments changed.

How old are you, racingstyle? I know Jeff is a little older than me.
Old 03-11-09, 01:01 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

bout to be 25 in 2 weeks. How old are yall?

Ps: Im picking up all my turbo parts back from coating today...should have the car up and running by the end of the month
Old 03-11-09, 01:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I aren't THAT much older, I just turned 33, how old are you again Andy?
Old 03-11-09, 01:34 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i'm 27 and my wife and i were going out to dinner with my parents like 2 months ago when my ls was pretty stock and i had valeted the car and when we were leaving the valet pulled up and walked up to my step dad and was all like heres your car sir, i was like ummm no actually its my car, dude.... he legitimately looked confused for a second but i think he got the point.. hopefully now with the tint, drop, sub, and having replaced most of the lights there will be less confusion. but i hated these looks and little gestures when i first bought the car.
Old 03-11-09, 01:50 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haha!!

Hey Ace, I used to get the same "look" too, of course I am the "Daddy". I'm 41 and have 4 boys. But now that the cars about 70% complete the "looks are much different. Now the "young 'uns" and the "old guys" look at me with envy.
Old 03-11-09, 04:34 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess Im one of the yougest with the LS, Im 24. Ive only had my car for 3 weeks and have already gotten comments. People have told me that it shouldnt be a daily driver and just a sunday car. I just laugh at them tho, most of my mods are on the way.
Old 03-11-09, 04:36 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

I don't care what the haters think! I just like my car! I like the stock look and could care less about attention! Young,old or middle age,I don't worry about what people say! Respect how others see it though! I'm 35 now and when I was younger (25) I cared and even at 28 I cared and did stuff car wise to satisfy the publics view of me. Something happened at 30(just after 30) that changed over night for me. I began to become comfortable with me more and less concerned with others opinions!

I drive the LS430 the way it came because its a great car! Again, I respect why others feel that what people say has effected them and why when modified the complements came. Funny thing is, its still the same car!L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 03-11-09 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-09, 05:18 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by BNR34
I aren't THAT much older, I just turned 33, how old are you again Andy?
Remember I did a poll last year? So I pretty much know everyone's age here.

Well, I am 28 will be 29 later this year.
Old 03-11-09, 07:56 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Remember I did a poll last year?
I am too old to remember anything from last year

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Well, I am 28 will be 29 later this year.
So I am only a few years older.....
Old 03-12-09, 04:13 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah my wife is a few years older than me and swears that at 30, something changed for her too... she always says that i won't even be able to understand it until i get there myself so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. i don't think my mods were due to the car looking to old for me, because for me the reason i bought the car in the first place is because what it 'can look like' with a drop, kit, rims, pretty much the essence of vip styling. i already knew that lex has an awesome luxury feel + the toyota reliability from my previous gs400, so all the 05 ls430 UL's interior luxuries and convenience's were just a big bonus for me.

when i pull up next to a stock ls430 it really doesn't even seem like the same car to me in a way it seems like an earlier model,, and the only mods i have are the air controller (drop), tint, and i changed the fogs and drl's to hid ones...
Old 03-12-09, 04:38 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Respect that sojah, the thing is I was told that at 30 things will change when I was 20 and it wasnt until I one day said I'm 31 that it hit me. In mind and spirit you feel young as any 20 year old. The reality that possibly half of your life span is over hit me. Its not the case for all after 30 years old and up to 40 years old. Some dont have anything hit them after 30. Thats said enjoy your car. Were all different and one thing I dont want to do is offend any of you who do modifications to your cars so, mod away and enjoy what you paid for! I just dont think for me it serves me as a business man to spend $ on mods at all. I usta buy rims asap and wash my car and buff and wax it on the regular. I keep it clean but, rims are gone and extra $ spent is all but a memory. Again to those that mod I respect you all, its your car so I cant speak on it and wont and respect the fellow members. For me,I'd rather have the money for needs more than wants! L.G.N.M
Old 03-12-09, 05:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i think i'm pretty much done with the rim game myself... you may notice in my little pic under my screen name i used to have some big chrome 20" lowenharts that were like $6500 w/tires and then i replaced the tires for another $1300 2-3 years later. i fixed a couple rash marks for around 500$ and had them balanced so many times that i'm sure i spent another 500$ just on that... they were awesome to look at but absolutely horrible to drive over even the slightest bump in, and the road/tire noise was very loud. i will never do a 20" rim or a tire less than 45-40 ever again... if i did happen to come into a large sum of money that i couldn't figure out how to spend on more pressing things maybe a set of 19's that are a lot more subtle.. But I believe I am done with the flashy flashy bling game.

When you get older I guess your priorities change huh?? Also I heard a song by Jay-z on the radio about 2 years ago I believe and in the song jay-z said something like "i'm young enough to know what kind of car to buy, but smart enough not to put rims on it." at the time i heard it i was riding around in my gs400 with exhaust, 2% tint, big chrome flashy 20" rims, and i couldn't figure out why he would say something like that... now if i heard that song i would probably agree with the words.. kinda funny i think!

Quick Reply: How pimp is it?!