LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

mirror visor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 07:00 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default mirror visor?

Is that what it is for? The pull down thing above the front windshield mirror. thanks
Old 03-14-09, 03:25 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

To block off the sun in case it gets between the two main visors.
Old 03-14-09, 06:14 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the best features in the car. Usually that area is covered by the manufacturer with "dot" tinting to lighten the effects of the sun, but it's still shiny, but this just blocks it right out.
Old 03-14-09, 06:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this on all packages or only UL??
Old 03-14-09, 09:08 AM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far i have seen every module lexus with it!!!down to the IS,ES etc..
Old 03-14-09, 09:52 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

but are they all suede,, huh, huh?? i bet not...! j/k
Old 03-14-09, 02:31 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
but are they all suede,, huh, huh?? i bet not...! j/k
LOL Just found mine, Wish they had taken the effort in designing a better cup holder as it is right in the way of any use for the center counsel as an arm rest... I notice in 2007 they moved the cup holders to the right of the gear shift... Hone thing my Tundra had was plenty of pockets also..
Old 03-14-09, 08:42 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Not just UL

Originally Posted by sojah
is this on all packages or only UL??
It's not just on the UL package, the CL has it too. Although, I did not notice it until I got the vehicle and was playing with it, so when I test drove some ML editions, I'm not sure if they had it or not.

As for cup holders, not sure what big complaint on them is. I've put drinks up to 20 oz. in them and they hold fine. Maybe you guys are putting the Big Gulps in them, or blasting into exit ramps doing 60 mph...
Old 03-14-09, 09:38 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
It's not just on the UL package, the CL has it too. Although, I did not notice it until I got the vehicle and was playing with it, so when I test drove some ML editions, I'm not sure if they had it or not.

As for cup holders, not sure what big complaint on them is. I've put drinks up to 20 oz. in them and they hold fine. Maybe you guys are putting the Big Gulps in them, or blasting into exit ramps doing 60 mph...
I have the ML and the thing they are talking about sits right above the mirror, and folds down.. About one inch High, and 10" long.. Mine is even padded LOL.. Stops the sun from coming in from the space between mirror and Headliner. You really have to look for it.

You caught me,, It's those big cups from Sams Club, that comes with those Nathan hot dogs... Sitting right in front of where I put my arm to REST. Kind of hard to shift around. But I don't take ramps at 60,, (most times).. Dealer in St. Louis said that was one of their biggest gripes.
Old 03-15-09, 01:14 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

my '94 GS had those visor thingys too!
Old 03-15-09, 01:41 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a base model 04 and it has it.

One other thing it would have been nice had they put the cruise where the computer mileage trip functions are on top the right sdie of the steering wheel. I use the cruise alot more than the distance mileage tank avg etc. It is harder to reach under the wheel to activate coast accel and set and I imagine for a woman with short fingers even harder. Is this cruise setup on all LS's? Thanks
Old 03-15-09, 07:48 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think the cruise is the same on all lexus models, ever, but i could be mistaken.

as for the cup holders, THIS IS THE #1 THING THAT I HATE THE MOST on my 05 ls430 UL and i have had it for 4 months now. every single time i drive the car it finds a way to bother me. i have either a water bottle or a soda (weekend driving) or a to go metal type coffee mug thing (on my normal M-F commutes) in it at all times. if its not spilling in my lap usually because if i take an exit ramp at 28mph's which i wouldn't think would be to fast, but i guess it is for my poorly designed cup holders, then it is making some strange noise. the thing like creaks or makes this strange vibrating noise when i have something in it. i take the beverage out and close it up and it stops making the noise, but put the beverage back in and like 5 mins down the road i will hear the damn noise again... it is not a constant noise just a light creaking for a few seconds or so every couple mins. but little random noises while i'm driving that shouldn't be there are just about my number 1 pet peve in life,, plus noises of the same nature while i am at work bother me the same way... maybe this is just an issue that i need to deal with personally... yeah maybe so!!
Old 03-17-09, 01:48 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Swagga82
so far i have seen every module lexus with it!!!down to the IS,ES etc..
My GS doesn't have it by the way.
(not that i have extensive use for it anyway)

Originally Posted by warminwisc
I have a base model 04 and it has it.

One other thing it would have been nice had they put the cruise where the computer mileage trip functions are on top the right sdie of the steering wheel. I use the cruise alot more than the distance mileage tank avg etc. It is harder to reach under the wheel to activate coast accel and set and I imagine for a woman with short fingers even harder. Is this cruise setup on all LS's? Thanks
Actaullly, all toyota's that i've been in have it in the same place. Something Toyota/Lexus (maybe even scion) been doing for over 20 years, theres no reason to change a wining formula.
Old 03-17-09, 04:50 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
My GS doesn't have it by the way.
(not that i have extensive use for it anyway)

Actaullly, all toyota's that i've been in have it in the same place. Something Toyota/Lexus (maybe even scion) been doing for over 20 years, theres no reason to change a wining formula.
sorry not a GS fan dont know to much about them but it looks nice
Old 03-18-09, 06:29 AM
CenterIsl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Budhah
one thing my Tundra had was plenty of pockets also..
Has anyone used the small drawers located in front of the seat bottoms? I wouldn't have known they were there if I hadn't read the manual.

Quick Reply: mirror visor?