INTRO post. '04 black and saddle

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-09, 12:27 AM
adob0
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default INTRO post. '04 black and saddle. more pics pg.4

sup yall, what up, whats good, whats happnin'

Been here for over a year ninja status but never made an official intro.

i'm from florida. name is warren.

I'm currently driving a black/saddle '04 ls430 ultra.

i always loved car customization, even way before i could drive. i use to drive a '98 suburu impreza, '00 civic si, '01 subaru wrx, '00 chevy tahoe, '00 cadillac deville, '01 ls430 and currently have an '01 integra along with the '04 ls...i'm almost 30 yrs old and driving a ricer integra just ain't cuttin' it anymore haha.

imo, vip style to me = flowing clean lines, class, and every other related word and synonym for elegance...but as i read more about the stye, i think i like more of the exe builds...

^^^ rota's...oh noes!!!

^^^ even more rota's...

But anyways, I miss the caddy deville *tear*...honestly, now that i think about it...that caddy is what brought me into the big body luxury sedan world... But my love for cars has always been with imports...so i picked up an '01 ls430:

^^^ with the pinstripes in all it's glory

I added tein cs coilovers...ride was very stock'ish but didn't go as low as i wanted...it's dropped all the way in the pics. Lesson learned: you can't get to the rear struts through the trunk. You have to remove the rear seat...Me and a homie removed everything in the trunk only to find out you have to go through the interior, smh.

^^^ bought these from Bippu PxrLex. Sup james? don't know if you remember, but that 4th wheel came in like a month later haha. I had to identify the wheel over the phone to get it shipped from the Lost and Found fedex wharehouse. And i gotta give props to RaCinStylez, saw pics of his early stages of his build with these rims. Those pics sealed the deal for me on these wheels...

Last edited by adob0; 04-03-09 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-23-09, 12:27 AM
adob0
Driver

but then...i decided i wasn't satisfied with this set up and sold the car to my homie. Here is his pic of the car:

^^^ so once the car was sold, i was on the hunt for an +04-06 ultra. I was searching all day everyday for weeks that my hands cramped up and my eyes started bleeding...found this:

^^^ i took a $350 one way plane ticket to ft. lauderdale and sealed the deal.

I snapped a few pics while I was at the dealership:

So i drove 5 hours home in my new ultra...was searching for a data systems controller the whole time...the only place i found selling them wanted $790 shipped

Found a japan ebayer selling for 680 shipped...took only a week to get to me:

took a shot of the teggy as i was installing the controller:

^^^ hella tuck. lulz
Old 03-23-09, 12:28 AM
adob0
Driver

So I got the controller plugged in (props to airtime's writeup) and set my driving height exactly to my preference:

^^^ nah, jus playin...i was messing around with the settings...i felt like a kid with a shiny new toy x a hundred thousand trillion.

and no, i'm not the po-lice if that matters...hoootie hoooooo...word to outkast.

^^^ v-led drl's on (props to junjdm's thread)

^^^ L setting. Missing center caps =
Old 03-23-09, 12:29 AM
adob0
Driver

^^^ saddle interior =

^^^ at first sight i hated saddle interior. But now...

thanks for letting me share yall.
Old 03-23-09, 01:15 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

that saddle is hot. the black exterior kinda makes it pop too much for my taste. I would take the flint mica but hey its hard out here for a guy looking for 04-06 ultras. right now I am fiending on an 08 mdx sport or an 06 ls ultra. having to deal with snow makes this a contest otherwise it would be ultra all the way. preferably with the mercury metallic/ecru combo. you gotta change those rims though. I had them on my 02 ultra but I think [its just me, obviously its your car and you can do what you want, I am not hatin'.] you have to go with high end rims if you dont want to stay stock and look like a 60 year old. you have me very jealous right now because of your ultra.
Old 03-23-09, 01:52 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

cool, Man!
So you bought the datasystem from my buddy in Japan.

Don't worry, your car will be nicer in about a week.
Old 03-23-09, 03:45 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving the progress pics, and the saddle interior is still amazing. Props no the quick modding.
Old 03-23-09, 05:28 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Super nice. Like someone else said that saddle definetly makes the interior "pop". I like!!
Old 03-23-09, 08:14 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

clean clean!!! I'm loving it w/ you.........what plans do you have for it?
Old 03-23-09, 08:27 AM
vbspunger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmmm.......Saddle!
Old 03-23-09, 12:45 PM
adob0
Driver

'preciate the comments yall.

OneOfOne: no need to be jealous man, i'm sure that is350 is treating you well! i saw a matador red is350 today. the color =
andy: yeah man, your buddy is an excellent seller! i wasn't expecting it to arrive so fast.
stefwilli: thanks, i replied to your pm.
So Philly1:
junjdm: sup man, your ride has inspired me very much just waiting to get some wheels now! as for whats next...prob an ss kit
vbspunger:
Old 03-23-09, 01:58 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful Car....That saddle interior has got to be my fav now. I was originally gonna get an Audi A8 with the same color combo as your LS. I didnt find out the LS came in saddle until after I bought mine tho...ill trade you
Old 03-23-09, 02:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

congrats on the pickup and on the step up!! gotta love that controller huh? i felt like a proud father when i first got that shiz hooked up. not sure your feelings on those stock rims, but i was trying to negotiate for those when i picked up my UL and the dealership wasn't having it so i got non chrome ones, but if you ever do decide to change them out and you want to sell em, keep me at the top of your list.

what was that benz selling for btw..? thats one of my dream cars.
Old 03-23-09, 03:32 PM
MERKEDLS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love little ricer hondas let me know if you want to sell it.....funny you have an integra and an ls and i had a civic and an ls....this was my coupe.....by the way i looooooooovvvvvveeeeeee saddle. nice ride!
Attached Thumbnails INTRO post. '04 black and saddle-img00094.jpg  
Old 03-23-09, 03:42 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice writeup on the progression from start to finish. You had me scared with the picture with the rear dropped and the front lifted What's next?

Quick Reply: INTRO post. '04 black and saddle