LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 05:19 AM
focsle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great find! That interior is really nice as well. Glad to have another "old guy" on board too!
Old 03-27-09, 05:25 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!!! Love that saddle!!
Old 03-27-09, 07:16 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and a good find on the car. One of the more rare color combos

Never too old as we'll all get there.
Old 03-27-09, 07:56 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car...Thats 2 new members wit black/saddle color combos in the same week.
Old 03-27-09, 07:57 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
CL must be the rarest bird on the LS430 market. Wish I had a CL rather than a UL.
I know you are tired of the air suspension, I am too, which is why I am switching it out for the steel springs right now. Total parts is only about $1500~$1800, depends on where you buy them. So you can always do that if you want, cheaper then switching to a different car for sure.

Originally Posted by mafpolo
That interior just smokes - my favorite of all the interiors. Wish they had offered it with other colors besides black.
Saddle is available with white too
Old 03-27-09, 07:58 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGarry
Young or old....I think we are all SMART for buying these cars.
That is for sure, the best value out there!
Old 03-27-09, 08:17 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow love the car, I wish i had that interior!!
Old 03-27-09, 08:37 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Senior Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to clublexus, and glad to have you join us!

This is indeed a very nice and rare combo especially when accounting for the low mileage. Beautiful ride, thanks for sharing.
Old 03-27-09, 09:06 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Definitely a rare find, especially with such LOW LOW mileage

Welcome aboard sir and don't let us youngin's irritate you too much.

Funny thing is around where I live, I see alot of the older folks drive the GS and when they see me, they're probably thinking I'm (36) driving my dad's/grandpa's car
Old 03-27-09, 09:34 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Funny thing is around where I live, I see alot of the older folks drive the GS and when they see me, they're probably thinking I'm (36) driving my dad's/grandpa's car
There is one explanation on why some older folks drive GS, it is due to cost. For people who buy cars brand new, the different in price of the GS and LS is pretty big, so for people who can't afford, or don't want to pay the $10k~$20k extra to get into a LS, they settled for a GS.

That happened to my dad, he was shopping for a brand new Lexus back in 03', he wanted the LS for sure, but didn't want to pay the $66k at the time for a sport, so he got a GS300 sport design for around $48k. The difference was around $20k, that is pretty big, so he settled for a GS.

I am pretty sure all older folks want a LS, most of them didn't pick the GS because they want more sporty feeling
Old 03-27-09, 09:49 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
There is one explanation on why some older folks drive GS, it is due to cost. For people who buy cars brand new, the different in price of the GS and LS is pretty big, so for people who can't afford, or don't want to pay the $10k~$20k extra to get into a LS, they settled for a GS.

That happened to my dad, he was shopping for a brand new Lexus back in 03', he wanted the LS for sure, but didn't want to pay the $66k at the time for a sport, so he got a GS300 sport design for around $48k. The difference was around $20k, that is pretty big, so he settled for a GS.
I agree with you there on the financial reasonings.

Originally Posted by BNR34
I am pretty sure all older folks want a LS, most of them didn't pick the GS because they want more sporty feeling
There are numerous times when they're passing me in my minivan...going 60 in local street when I'm doing 45 already....gave me a dirty you-slow poke-look too
Old 03-27-09, 10:15 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
There are numerous times when they're passing me in my minivan...going 60 in local street when I'm doing 45 already....gave me a dirty you-slow poke-look too
Well there are always exception to everything, there are some guys well into their 50s that are still racing cars professionally

I know that everytime I am in the Lexus dealer, all the older folks in their GS and ES gave me that dirty jealous stare, I don't think they own their GS for the sportyness or the ES for that front wheel drive

I think in my head "don't hate me grandpa, for buying a used LS430 that cost less then your ES350"
Old 03-27-09, 12:59 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car. I think a clean Black is beautiful. Hard to keep clean, and look bad when dirty.. But being "old" you should have plenty of time to wash your wheels.

Many of the 06 LS430s coming off lease are sold by auction. One of the big ones is in Florida. Might be why you see so many on E-Bay from down that way.

What the hell you mean OLD GUY??? 58 is still young. Same age as my wife, and I did not marry an OLD GAL>.. Besides only someone 20 years older than me is "old" in my way of thinking.

If you doing 45 in your van you will see me passing your wheels too.. But I no longer floor it the way I used to, unless your hogging the fast lane on a 4 lane road. I like the more sporty feel of the son's Avalon. But the ride in my 430 is great.
Old 03-27-09, 01:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Budhah
I like the more sporty feel of the son's Avalon. But the ride in my 430 is great.
An Avalon feel sporty?!

I hope he got the touring model

Just teasing you
Old 03-27-09, 02:12 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may not be realllll old but I think I'm ancient compared to the guys with their data system controllers and exotic puddle lights.
I had to look up VIP style on Wikipedia to see what the heck they were talking about. I figured out slamming all by my self.
I haven't played the voice recognition game purposesly yet, but I have found it definitely comes up with some weird stuff. I've gotten it to recognize "Home" about 25 % of the time.
It's kinda cool that my old man car has the black exterior with saddle interior that is so popular with the "youngsters".
Very entertaining site.

Quick Reply: It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy