LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 06:16 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy

It sits tall on 17" wheels for this old guy cruiser, but at 58, this is what is right for me.
Custom Luxury plus saddle and smart access. The best part is that it had 8,300 miles when I got it last week. The owner drove it regularly for less than a year and then got a company car, saving this car for retirement. He drove this one infreqently after that. He then had health issues, so he is selling it to get a wheel chair accessible van. I found it on Autotrader, less than 100 miles from my home and 5 minutes from my son's home.
It was garaged and covered most of the last 3 years. The battery has been replaced but everything is like showroom. Well, maybe better than showroom because he identified a warranty corrected initial glitch of a noisey driver seat. I have the dealer service records and the original window sticker for $65,479.
The nav is the 04 DVD, so the nav override works fine, even if you initiate the override while rolling. I checked this because my brother has an '08 Camry with nav and when I found he couldn't change the nav while rolling I looked up the subject on the net. I can work around new streets not showing, but I'm not willing to give up my override.
My wife has claimed my black LS400 which is still in great shape at 146,000 miles.
I practically paid retail for this model but I'd pay more for a new ES or even an upscale Avalon.
My 24 mile ride (each way)to work, mostly on country roads, is now less painful. That laser cruise control is great.
I hope you have room on this forum for old guys who also enjoy their rides.
Attached Thumbnails It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy-frontleft75.jpg  
Old 03-26-09, 06:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Welcome and congrats! Such low miles!
Old 03-26-09, 06:21 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Default rear interior showing saddle

didn't know how to put more than one picture in a message.
Attached Thumbnails It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy-rearinterior75.jpg  
Old 03-26-09, 06:22 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your beautiful new LS and welcome to Club Lexus
Old 03-26-09, 06:30 PM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

Nice ride, and an even nicer find at that!
Old 03-26-09, 07:07 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"You said it Chewie... where did you find this old fossil ???" just kidding. Welcome aboard, there is always room for a fellow Lex'r. Nice LS430, I have a CL trim too. It fit the bill for me better than the UL. Nice goodies on the UL, but just means more to break.

Saddle... DARN YOU !!!! I wanted mine in Saddle but it was getting hard to find so just settled with the black semi-analine interior instead and don't regret it actually. My wife was not so into the saddle.

EXCELCIOR !!!
Old 03-26-09, 07:16 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice find. All that teasing and no purchase price.......
Old 03-26-09, 07:46 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

finding it was really strange. I planned on running my 96 LS400 for another 18 months until I turned the big 60. I got the 96 in 2001, as a present to myself just after I turned 50. It had 20k miles at the time. It has had zero problems besides a tilt steering gear that I fixed myself from info on the web.
I was checking the market for curiosity. When I mentioned this car to my wife she said get it 'cause I wouldn't find anything close with that kind of mileage. The car was in Charlotte and I was visiting my son there that weekend so I checked it out.
The previous owner had the bucks, beautiful house, swimming pool, and tennis court. Really nice couple but it was hard to dicker with a guy talking through a keyboard voice synthesizer.
I had never seen saddle before but I liked it just because it was different. I like it a lot now. Black interior would be rough in South Carolina even with the climate controlled seats.
Both my LS's are black and several people have said it is just like the other one. We have a 2 car garage with a wall between the cars. I was showing it to my daughter and she walked by it without seeing it, looking in the other side that was empty at the time.
Both are great cars.
Old 03-26-09, 08:10 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice...another saddle interior....love it.......
Old 03-26-09, 09:24 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

nice
Old 03-26-09, 09:37 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's crazy low miles for a 04!
Good find!
Old 03-26-09, 10:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to club LS430, don't worry about being old, we'll all get old sometime and we younger guys should be the embarrass one, we are driving an old man's car!
Old 03-26-09, 11:23 PM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Young or old....I think we are all SMART for buying these cars.
Old 03-27-09, 02:46 AM
mafpolo
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Way way nice!!!!!

CL must be the rarest bird on the LS430 market. Wish I had a CL rather than a UL. That interior just smokes - my favorite of all the interiors. Wish they had offered it with other colors besides black.

Great car, great buy, and safe miles.

p.s. which extended warranty co. is this car with?
Old 03-27-09, 04:13 AM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

no extended warranty and I'm not going to buy one. I'm exposed, but it hasn't hurt me in the past. I think the last extended warranty that I bought was on a rear projection TV about 20 years ago and when I finally needed service after 10 years, the service guy said he hadn't seen one of those for a while. I finally tossed it about a year ago.
I have gotten cars where I know the history and can read the owner. I used Autocheck on this car and it had the highest score of any car I checked at 95. I think this was partly due to the fact that North Carolina has emission inspections annually that record the mileage.
I got the 60 day unlimited Autocheck and was amazed that a few Lexus dealers in the southeast sell local used cars that have been traded to them, but many have almost their entire inventories coming from auctions. I avoid used cars that have been to auctions.

Quick Reply: It's not a UL, but my "New" original CL cruiser is right for this old guy