LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

When you pay your last car payment...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 02:09 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usermel
LOVE.GOD.NOT.MONEY(L.G.N.M) I use initials not to offend non-religious people and before im attacked by those who disagree with my L.G.N.M being used, I mean no disrespect to anyone please dont comment to me about my beliefs I only am answering this because what he said it stood for was way off base(Long Gone No Money) and also I was asked by another member what L.G.N.M stood for. L.G.N.M represents the true strength it takes to love.

Most equate success to GOD blessing them with money(things,cars,homes jewels etc.)! So I use L.G.N.M as a reminder to myself for what I stand for meaning that I love GOD now as a man with Money as I did when I had no Money. My frugality is a symbol of humilty and contentment. I dont show my wealth via things and can buy more cars. I turn my talents into more now, and buy what is needed, not desired. That said, I respect others ways and have no problem with others who buy and enjoy, I totally get it and respect that. I just decided that if things are the goal then what is life truly about.

I just always want to help others, thats all. Being frugal is a sign of WISDOM, and growth for me. I have been totally unaffected by this economy because of these principals. That said I feel for those struggling now and hope nothing but the best for them. I wasnt always like this(35 years old now)!

Love is not what is shown via money(buying kids what they want or buying gifts) its in honesty and truth and saying no to a child and to loved ones when its needed. L.G.N.M is personal to me so please no attacking me please I ask out of respect. Lets get back to topic out of respect to the moderator and to my fellow members sorry for this post,thanks LOVE YOU ALL!!! L.G.N.M
Hump??? no sense of Humor LOL Was just trying to be light and you took it wrong.. You right about people being touchy about religion. When others try to push their beliefs on me I turn my back on them,, Whether Christian or Muslim. Live and let live... When someone says "Trust me I;m Christian," I grab my wallet and run.
Old 04-08-09, 02:33 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Its cool no offense taken!!

Originally Posted by Budhah
Hump??? no sense of Humor LOL Was just trying to be light and you took it wrong.. You right about people being touchy about religion. When others try to push their beliefs on me I turn my back on them,, Whether Christian or Muslim. Live and let live... When someone says "Trust me I;m Christian," I grab my wallet and run.
We are all Lexus nuts, lets get to the fun talk again. I understand you meant no harm. Were all fellow members and I respect all of you men/woman!!!! L.G.N.M
Old 11-10-09, 07:30 PM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky3
...is it normal to want to buy another car? I paid off my '04 2 days ago, and with my last car (gs) after I paid off I immediately wanted to buy another car.
I haven't gotten that urge this time so far - is it because I was always looking at the LS with envy before?
Random thoughts for today.
Just to regroup on this thread - it's now November, and I still love my LS430 and NEVER think about selling it. In fact, I'm getting the lower control arm bushings replaced this week for about $500 including parts (OEM) and labor. Other than that, I've done nothing to this car. And the bushings are just noisy with the radio turned down at very slow speed.

Got about 7 more years to get out of this thing - 121k and counting!
Old 11-11-09, 12:57 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky3
Just to regroup on this thread - it's now November, and I still love my LS430 and NEVER think about selling it. In fact, I'm getting the lower control arm bushings replaced this week for about $500 including parts (OEM) and labor. Other than that, I've done nothing to this car. And the bushings are just noisy with the radio turned down at very slow speed.

Got about 7 more years to get out of this thing - 121k and counting!
What kind of noise or what symptoms were you getting from the bad bushings? Had my service done and my mech told me that mine are just starting to crack but still are good. They'll last till after the new year and will be just about that(500 bucks) to replace the two lower ones.
Old 11-11-09, 02:49 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

I paid cash for the 06 LS. I'm 54 yo now, and I can't see me borrowing money to buy a car - I borrowed money for a car two times, once in my 20s, and again in my 30s but never had more than a 3 year loan and always had at least 20% down payment. Now that I am older and a little wiser, I decided no more car loans. So for last several years as my old car was aging, I saved my money (hundreds a month) until I had the cash to buy what I want and could afford - the 06 LS feels especially good because its paid in full. Get off the "debtor" cycle as soon as you can. It really feels good.
Old 11-11-09, 04:53 PM
Yaff
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Get off the "debtor" cycle as soon as you can. It really feels good.
Indeed!!!!! Buy 2-3 years old (horrible depreciation) and cash. That's 90% of the value for 30% of the cost. It's the best deal I ever made.

Took me 40 years to figure that one out... sigh.
Old 11-11-09, 05:11 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had 9 new cars as daily drivers in the past 15 years. Sometimes two at once. That doesn't count summer fun cars and a chore truck. I realize there are better ways to spend my money and I'm targeting to replace my last lease car with a used LS430 and keep it for 5-6 years as my only daily driver.
Old 11-11-09, 05:15 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LGNM is moot an acronym on a website about high-end luxury cars.
Old 11-12-09, 07:06 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
I paid cash for the 06 LS. I'm 54 yo now, and I can't see me borrowing money to buy a car - I borrowed money for a car two times, once in my 20s, and again in my 30s but never had more than a 3 year loan and always had at least 20% down payment. Now that I am older and a little wiser, I decided no more car loans. So for last several years as my old car was aging, I saved my money (hundreds a month) until I had the cash to buy what I want and could afford - the 06 LS feels especially good because its paid in full. Get off the "debtor" cycle as soon as you can. It really feels good.
Same here...Oh what a feeling!

1st car: '84 Toyota SR5 Extracab pickup bought used in '86 w/ 26K mi, cash purchase, drove it 10 yrs, sold it
2nd car: '86 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 hand-me-down in 2000 w/ 100K mi, rebuilt the brakes/suspension, 120K mi over 9 yrs, sold it
3rd car: '01 Honda prelude SH, purchased new...cash
4th car: '03 LX470 CPO purchased in early '06...cash
5th car: '00 Honda CRV hand-me-down in 2008, drove it for 2 yrs, sold it
6th car: '05 LS430 ultra CPO bought in '09...cash

Last edited by V8_Fan; 11-12-09 at 07:29 PM.