just a question about ls 430 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 07:28 PM
Hamza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile just a question about ls 430 ultra

Hi every one,
I'm a new member here and I wish to have good time with you.

I have a question that's definitely been asked before.

How can I know ULTRA ls430 -2004 visually ? (I mean by shape or anyhow).

since I've been looking for ultra 2004 ls430, I found all photos are the same (with ultra and non ultra).

It was difficult to me to find ultra by shape.

If it can't be found by shape, what's the most specific thing that makes me sure that's ultra model?

I'm not from USA so I Appreciate your help

thanx
Old 04-28-09, 07:57 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look at interior... UL has air normal/high, sport button. Since CL and UL from 04+ are mostly the same.
For 01-03 is much easier. just check out the laser cruise control cutout on front lower grill, or simply by interior color.
Old 04-28-09, 08:16 PM
jeffreyma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use the faq section, its your best friend heres the link to that specific question
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...y-package.html
Old 04-29-09, 04:49 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From pictures, you won't be able to tell exterior. All the LS looked the same, unless you have the pre-collision system (PCS) which would have a plastic square on the grille where the "L"exus emblem is.

Interior, only two areas, the center console behind the shifter, the UL will have four buttons in total, four on each bar of buttons. Then of course the rear arm rest will fold down and reveal the rear seat and audio controls. If you don't see any of these in pictures, then probably not an UltraLuxury but just called "Ultra Luxury" because people selling just like calling the LS430 ultra in luxury. I've found that if someone really has the ultra luxury, then they tend to take pictures of the rear arm rest just to show you the 'extra' features.
Old 04-29-09, 05:06 AM
brio_ls
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the easiest way to detect an UL is to take a look at the front bumper whether has headlight washers(covers) or not.
Old 04-29-09, 05:24 AM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brio_ls
I think the easiest way to detect an UL is to take a look at the front bumper whether has headlight washers(covers) or not.
Custom luxury pkg also has headlight washers(covers).

The rear arm rest is a good indicator (if it is down). The UL is the only package with the controls. In the front seat view, as said above, if the upper row of switches (just below the CD door) has more than 1 switch on the left side than it is a UL.
Old 04-29-09, 08:14 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The most visible unique feature of the Ultra?

Definitely the jacked up crooked un-level stance of the stock air suspension, the front driver side sit way up SUV style and the rear passenger side tire is almost tugging into the wheel well. I can spot an Ultra from a mile away!

Other then that, other features are pretty small and hard to tell if you don't know what you are looking for. What I do is, when I see headlight washers, that is 50% chance it is a UL, then look for the plastic on the grill or the hole on the lower bumper. But really, the crooked stance guarantee it as an Ultra, unless it is a modded car.

Actually the easiest feature for me to tell on the outside is, the side curtain hooks on the rear side windows.

Here is a pretty good example of the crooked stance.

Last edited by BNR34; 04-29-09 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-29-09, 08:34 AM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That may be a "crooked stance" you have there BNR34, but it still is a sweet looking ride!
Old 04-29-09, 09:21 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGarry
That may be a "crooked stance" you have there BNR34, but it still is a sweet looking ride!
Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about the car, but the factory crooked stance is so wrong in so many ways. Now that I got rid of the air suspension, make me realized how much I dislike it. It is cool and all, but it just doesn't work that well. That air suspension is only good for 2 things, for the modded VIP guys to dump their car on the ground, and for those folks who want that extremely isolated ride, they don't want to feel a thing, and don't need any kind of handling what so ever. Other then that, for normal folks like me and you, the steel spings is the way to go.
Old 04-29-09, 11:45 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

hmmm... well i wish i could have both, the very cushy air feeling/ not being able to feel the road at all, and i wish i could also have that road feel when i want to actually corner and drive the car... i kinda use my datasystems controller for this technique but not sure how effective it is at the latter.?.
Old 04-29-09, 12:24 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Wasn't the PCS an option for the Custom Luxury too... just like the air suspension supposedly? I think the only definitive is the rear armrest controls (with "ice" box) and the rear door sunshade. Other than that, it's all game....
Old 04-29-09, 12:40 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah, but i have yet to hear of an actual LS non UL w/ air suspension. i'm about fairly convinced that they don't much exist...
Old 04-29-09, 12:47 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default $3K vs. $4K

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah, but i have yet to hear of an actual LS non UL w/ air suspension. i'm about fairly convinced that they don't much exist...
Wasn't the Air Suspension standalone like a $3K option, while the whole UL package trim was an extra $4K basically over the "base" CL trim? If so, why the heck would someone buy the CL and get the air suspension as standalone option.

I've only "heard" that it was possible, but I can't imagine many being made that way. So, if they waited for orders, then I would say they may have made ONE during the six years...
Old 04-29-09, 12:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wasn't the PCS an option for the Custom Luxury too... just like the air suspension supposedly? I think the only definitive is the rear armrest controls (with "ice" box) and the rear door sunshade. Other than that, it's all game....
Yes, PCS is listed as an option on the CL, but I have never seen one, and I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of LS430.
Old 04-29-09, 12:55 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wasn't the Air Suspension standalone like a $3K option, while the whole UL package trim was an extra $4K basically over the "base" CL trim? If so, why the heck would someone buy the CL and get the air suspension as standalone option.

I've only "heard" that it was possible, but I can't imagine many being made that way. So, if they waited for orders, then I would say they may have made ONE during the six years...
For the LS430, the air suspension is part of the UL package, it is not standalone. I am 100% sure on that. You can't special order something Lexus don't offer on the catalog, Lexus is not Rolls Royces or Bentley

The Air Suspension was a standalone option on the LS400.

It is one of those false internet rumor/myth

Quick Reply: just a question about ls 430 ultra