LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Custom Luxury LS430: did it have extra leather on doors and console??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-09, 07:29 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Custom Luxury LS430: did it have extra leather on doors and console??

Hey all,

Quick Q: does the CL package come with the extra leather on the doors and center console (as is the case with UL package)??

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-09, 07:53 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What extra leather? Have a pic?
Old 05-01-09, 08:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought it was only on the UL...
Old 05-01-09, 08:58 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It's leather JIM !!!!

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Hey all,

Quick Q: does the CL package come with the extra leather on the doors and center console (as is the case with UL package)??

Thanks in advance.
I have the CL and it sure does have the extra material. I don't know if it's real leather or faux leather, but it's a "leather" material and not the firm plastic. Just like UL, it's along the door handles (front and back), and lower trim of the dash, below the wood trim. Also, has the "suede" headliner like the UL trim.

Like I've been preaching here.. if you don't need the added goodies of the rear controls and the air suspension (extra maintenance cost), then CL is the "2nd best" LS430 out there.
Old 05-01-09, 09:12 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Thanks...that is what i wanted to know!!

This way, i will be able to tell if the vehicle has CL or not by looking at pics. BTW, does your CL have radar or laser cruiser control?? If it has laser, then where is the lens?? (i have laser cruiser control on my Sienna...so, i know what to look for, but i don't WHERE it is on the LS.)
Old 05-01-09, 09:35 AM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

This way, i will be able to tell if the vehicle has CL or not by looking at pics. BTW, does your CL have radar or laser cruiser control?? If it has laser, then where is the lens?? (i have laser cruiser control on my Sienna...so, i know what to look for, but i don't WHERE it is on the LS.)
Old 05-01-09, 09:45 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Tips or spotting

Looking at pictures, some people sell for whatever reason do not post pictures of interior. Easy spot for a CL or UL from the outside are the headlight washers. Only the CL and UL have them. If no headlight washers, then not one of these, or the cars has been in accident and the wrong bumper was put on.

As for which I have, I have the radar cruise that maintains the speed with the car ahead of you, but is not the PCS (pre-collision system). The only way to tell either, is lower bumper opening on passenger side will be the radar cruise. If there is a square plastic window on the grille where the "L"exus emblem is, then it's the PCS. The PCS also maintains distance as well, so it's not like you can only have one or the other.
Old 05-01-09, 09:53 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Again, many thanks!!
Old 05-01-09, 10:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah but if you want the suede head liner then you'll have to get the UL..
Old 05-01-09, 10:22 AM
tigmd99
Racer

sojah, according to above, the CL does have the suede headliner....
Old 05-01-09, 01:03 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Custom has the "suede" too. Not a UL exclusive.

The only things you can't get on the CL that are "standard" on the UL are:

1. air suspension (although some claim it was an option, but I think it might be a myth)

2. rear massage seats, coupled with the audio controls on the handrest.

3. rear cool box

4. rear door sunshade

You do "lose" something with the UL and that is trunk space. The ice box takes up trunk space. Everything special with the UL is in the back, or you can't see... so if you're a big time driver, you'll never enjoy anything back there.
Old 05-01-09, 01:19 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Last Qs (i think): can you fold the backseat of the LS with CL?? Or is the pass-through the only thing that opens to the trunk?? Also, can you RECLINE the rear seat (as you can with the UL)??
Old 05-01-09, 01:26 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I though radar cruise only came with PCS.
My CL has the rectangle on the passenger side lower bumper opening and the original stcker says laser cruise control.
I also have the suede headliner.
The laser cruise control is the top thing on my list of 430 goodies. I use it 90% of my miles. Country roads where the guy in front of you is going 50 and ther's no place to pass... Leave it on 60 until you get a chance to go. The office building where I work has about a mile access road and the speed limit is 35. I even use it on that. Love it!
Old 05-01-09, 02:57 PM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Qs (i think): can you fold the backseat of the LS with CL?? Or is the pass-through the only thing that opens to the trunk?? Also, can you RECLINE the rear seat (as you can with the UL)??
Back seats don't fold down. You only get the pass thru. I think it is like that for all the ls430 and not just the CL.

The CL rear seats don't recline (only the UL).
Old 05-01-09, 03:20 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Thanks again. Damn, no reclining...even the Avalon does this! Oh well, i guess that i can live with regular seats....

Quick Reply: Custom Luxury LS430: did it have extra leather on doors and console??