New Member with Silver LS430 - Custom Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 09:27 AM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts
Default New Member with Silver LS430 - Custom Luxury

Hello fellow LS owners.

First of all thank you for the contribution you all are making to this board!

Your insight into LS430 helped me find my dream car few weeks ago.

My previous car was 2000 BMW 740iL and after buying it I always thought that I should have gotten a 2001 model. There were small things I did not care earlier but did start to care after buying the car. So this time I had decided that I am going to nail down exactly what I want from LS430 before I buy it.

Finally the choice came between CL and UL for the years 04-06. I am sure that everyone goes Oohlala over UL when they see it first. Same thing happened to me but then I chickened out hearing about (almost guaranteed) suspension issues. I settled on CL. I also wanted either a white or a silver car. I love to maintain the car but then I don't like looking it dirty too quickly.

It is a 2004 Silver Exterior/Black interior with Smi-Aniline leather. 48K on the clock. Comes with all standard CL stuff like radar cruise, extra leather, laminated glass etc.

These photos are little dated but I will have new photos here soon. After 500 miles of driving I am in love with this car.

Cheers!
Old 05-05-09, 09:36 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Color combo looks great, however, you may have over reacted on the air suspension issues due to the extensive negative replies of just a few members. I personally think the issue is way and I mean way overblown. I have a UL and will let everyone know if and when my air suspension goes .. if ever. Sorry you felt the need to avoid one of the finest and most comfortable rides I have experienced.
Old 05-05-09, 09:58 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ultra Air

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
Hello fellow LS owners.

First of all thank you for the contribution you all are making to this board!

Your insight into LS430 helped me find my dream car few weeks ago.

My previous car was 2000 BMW 740iL and after buying it I always thought that I should have gotten a 2001 model. There were small things I did not care earlier but did start to care after buying the car. So this time I had decided that I am going to nail down exactly what I want from LS430 before I buy it.
Welcome former "7" owner... you've taken your first step into a much better (atleast in terms of reliability) world...the Lexus World.

As for UL or CL, I got the CL but not just for the air suspension. I test drove probably a good 12 to 13 LS during my search and I was not that impressed with the UL over the CL. My test drives were not just around the dealership lot. Lexus and the places I looked at pretty much let me have free roaming and a few times I went on the highway and took a good 20 minutes or more driving.

I have a few kids and the whole back is taken up, so if the suspension did not "WOW" me, then all that rear goodies would be useless to me, so why even bother with UL. Hey, the more goodies you have, the more likely you'll have something break.

But, like BlackUltra said, I think the air suspension failing are not a true sampling of real world examples and should be taken with a grain of salt. The premature failures are probably from a combination of rough roads, rough environment (snow, salt, rain), and just too much abuse by setting up, down, up, down, up, down often.

I would say if in market for a UL, go either Florida or SoCal, where the climate is better and the LS's seem cleaner.
Old 05-05-09, 11:53 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the LS family, love the color combo by the way. You cant really go wrong with the CL, all the great features you need, and none you dont for many.

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 05-05-09, 12:17 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

It is a 2004 Silver Exterior/Black interior with Smi-Aniline leather. 48K on the clock. Comes with all standard CL stuff like radar cruise, extra leather, laminated glass etc.
Ahhh! Chalk up another Silver exterior on black leather! I love it! I am soooo jealous of your special DARK/BURNT wood. HOT!!!

Welcome aboard!
Old 05-05-09, 12:32 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Don't get me wrong. I still love UL.
I did test drive couple of ULs and I will still enjoy riding in backseat of someone's UL.
I absolutely never ride in the backseat of my car.

I had even posted it here when I found the ultimate 06 UL with saddle & PCS.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...r-and-pcs.html

Added UL features were just not worth to me.
My limited expertise in Autos did not make me feel much difference in the ride quality.
Cool box is useless.
My kids loved the radio controls, massage rear seats, and side shades but they would have been more of a maintenance problem for me because they couldn't stop playing with them.
I did not want to buy a black or dark car.
I don't care much about PCS.
And then most importantly the (potential if not guaranteed) suspension issue. It is just a peace of mind thing.

I am happy with my choice and that is what really matters.
Old 05-05-09, 02:12 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 05-05-09, 02:22 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome fellow ls430 lover, how does this car compare to ur old 7 series, even though thats prolly not the best comparison 01-05??
Old 05-05-09, 02:35 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! CL's are awesome.

My limited expertise in Autos did not make me feel much difference in the ride quality...

I am happy with my choice and that is what really matters.
You being happy with your choice is all that matters.
I've never driven in a UL so I've wondered if the UL had a substantially better ride.
Old 05-05-09, 03:05 PM
LS430_Mike
Driver School Candidate

I just sold my E38 7 series for the LS as well.

I just don't know if mine is a "CL" or not.
Old 05-05-09, 03:11 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by sojah
welcome fellow ls430 lover, how does this car compare to ur old 7 series, even though thats prolly not the best comparison 01-05??
When I was upgrading I was just looking into 2003-2006 745Li/750Li/750i
These cars are awesome. I can tell you that BMW leather is several times better than lexus. I drove a 06 750i with 100K and the leather looked brand new. No kidding. 8 speed transmission is great too.

I pulled back with the idea when I read reliability issues with all the gizmos in 7 series. Then I started looking into warranty and it would have been $5500 for four years. I compared it with LS430 warranty..$2500. I knew what I had to do to ensure kids college fund.

7 series also drops in value like a rock. It took me a while to sell my BMW even though it was in great shape.

Sorry fellas but I found new 7 series better in every aspect expect it's desire to be at shop more often.

Obviously I believe that LS430 is a better buy and that is why I am here. I know it is not a bimmer so my expectations are also set accordingly.

Now if you compare LS460 then that is a different story.
I haven't driven one yet but I am looking forward to getting a 2007 in 2-3 years.
Old 05-05-09, 03:28 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430_Mike
I just sold my E38 7 series for the LS as well.

Are you serious??
Old 05-05-09, 04:57 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS430_Mike

2002 LS430
http://www.lexus.com/contact/model_s...ricing_ls.html

If you have headlight washers (on top of front bumpers under covers) then you have CL or UL. If you have air conditioner in rear then it is UL. Headlight washers without rear AC is a CL.
Old 05-05-09, 05:13 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

CONGRATS on your new LS430 and welcome to CL!
Old 05-05-09, 05:31 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

First of all, welcome aboard
We have multi-brand cars in our families/household so it's just not about Lexus only.

Cool box is useless.

I agree from a gimmick standpoint. However, I use it to store KIX, other little snacks for my kids when they're in the car

I did not want to buy a black or dark car.

AFter having a white car, I had to have black for my next car

I don't care much about PCS.

Wait until some idiot decide to cut you off and you slam on the brakes
It was weird feeling the seat-belt cinch on you and other things that I don't remember b/c I was too busy cussing the idiot off

And then most importantly the (potential if not guaranteed) suspension issue. It is just a peace of mind thing.

Air suspension is a major problem as compared to the w220 S class-I'm a member there too but don't post as much. Go read in there and almost every other thread is about the air suspension-talk about premature failure

Quick Reply: New Member with Silver LS430 - Custom Luxury