This LS430 forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 07:00 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Thats a very nice Avatar, from a fellow UL owner to another
Thank you, I changed it after seeing yours.
Old 05-06-09, 06:31 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
...The LS page to me was a page for old foggies to hang around and talk about golfing and how their cars are so great, blah blah.

... So far, only one person is an admitted old foggie, but I'm sure he's young at heart.
I guess I'm the admitted old fogey that AlexusAnja was talking about because I've remarked several times that I am older (58) than most on the board.

I enjoy this board a bunch because there is a difference in ages, perspectives and what they want out of the 430, a very reliable car that has something for all ages. One of the thinks that has happened to me occurrred about a week after I got the car (6 weeks ago). I walked up to my car at a mall as a group of black guys in their late teens to early 20's were getting out of their car next to me. As I'm backing out of my spot and look up, one of the guys gives me a thumbs up. This is a CL not a UL with regular old 17 inch wheels. How cool was that?

Anyway, this is a great forum. I also follow the LS400 and LS460 forums. This forum is much more upbeat than either of those. A bunch of the LS400 guys really like their cars (as I do) but you also hear a see a lot of age related maintenance problems. That forum did save me a $900 repair when my tilt steering stopped tilting. The 460 forum is strange as you hear very little pride of ownership.

THIS FORUM IS GREAT!!!!!
Old 05-06-09, 08:11 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the LS460 forum suffers from the "first owner" syndrome, of paying too much and getting too little. Give it about three more years when some of us start migrating there after getting the LS460 off lease. I won't join, I "hate" the overall package of the LS460, and I hate saying that too because I've loved the LS400 from day one.

Also, the LS460 has had quite a few little "bugs" that will keep the original buyers from "loving" the vehicle. Again, by the time off-lease vehicles flood the market, all the recalls and problem/issues should be resolved and the 2nd/3rd/4th owners will love it more.
Old 05-07-09, 05:29 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i'm not a huge fan of the 460 myself but the couple times i frequented their section i noticed a lot of younger more affluent folks (or at least kids of affluent folks who prolly think they are affluent by proxy) who didn't seem to be as prideful as hoonuya mentioned about their 460's, but when i test drove and sat in a 600hL man now if i could attain that then well i would have already attained it. so prolly not gonna happen any time soon.
Old 05-07-09, 06:30 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonunya
I guess I'm the admitted old fogey that AlexusAnja was talking about because I've remarked several times that I am older (58) than most on the board.
Not so fast on being the old fogey as I got you beat at 61 and therefore may be the oldest. I can still remember seeing the Beatles for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show, during Vietnam losing my student deferment ,getting drafted and joining the USMC. Semper Fi to any other MARINES in the CL.
Old 05-07-09, 06:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
Not so fast on being the old fogey as I got you beat at 61 and therefore may be the oldest. I can still remember seeing the Beatles for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show, during Vietnam losing my student deferment ,getting drafted and joining the USMC. Semper Fi to any other MARINES in the CL.
BU, if you haven't already done so might be good to check in on one of our ongoing our military threads.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...cemembers.html
Old 05-07-09, 06:39 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
...but when i test drove and sat in a 600hL man now if i could attain that then well i would have already attained it. so prolly not gonna happen any time soon.
My impression of the 460 (didn't drive the h)was that it I liked the more sporty ambience and coziness of the interior while sitting in it but I think I actually preferred the on-the-road feel of my '03 430 (which had Tein CS and 19" wheels/tires). I loved the sound system in the 460. I REALLY don't like the extremely generic appearance of the 460. I could see myself with a 460 someday but at the moment I actually prefer the 430 I think.
Old 05-07-09, 07:18 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i never even turned the stereo on in the 600/460 but now i wish i had cuz i keep hearing so many good things about it. i felt small while sitting in it and it was so freakin quiet when it drove that it was hard to tell that it was even on (600). if i could get a 460L (white) for a decent price (40k or less) with a decent amount of miles (45k or less) i would do it, but my allegiance is to the 430 until then. i'm still waiting to see what the next lineup of lex models will look like, i really hope they stop making them all look the same and bring back some variances in their lineup. its so sad to me that everything from the camry-the ls460 all look similar. the lx and IS ((plus sc)) are the only ones to me that even look a little different.
Old 05-07-09, 01:06 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
got ya beat,, been drawing social sec for three years,, so that makes me 64 next Monday... LOL... Have had lots of diff cars, and while my first $10k Lincoln with velvet seats was nice and rode like a boat, I think this to be a better car for the ages. Like the guy said getting a thumbs up from a group of younger guys. I have gotten a couple thumbs up from ladies, one very nice looking one.. ( they all nice at my age.. just some nicer)

The neighbor told me Congratulations on the car??? so maybe I graduated into an upper class LOL...

What a lot of young guys think is that we are too old to think like them. But we actually look at the same things they do, only with a different approach. When I think money, I don't think fancy wheels, but Hernia repair, When they think new engine, I think By pass payment. When they think pretty gal, I think "You Betcha",, End of the day I think of what I did worth reporting, and if it was worth living, and how to live it better tomorrow.. I travel a lot in Asia, and see so many LEXUS over there driving by the successful people. Others tend to drive the Toyota, and even Taxis are mostly Toyota.

Got my Massage therapist on her way, so gotta run. LOL

This is what makes me proud

Last edited by Budhah; 05-07-09 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-07-09, 01:44 PM
focsle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well 64 beats me, but not by much (58). I think I started it all with "old man gold" color when I asked for opinions. All in good fun around here though, love it. Great resource.

One thing that interests me on the 460 and that is the LWB. I'm thinking improved ride quality. Thoughts?
Old 05-07-09, 01:49 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Budhah
When they think pretty gal, I think "You Betcha",,
Got my Massage therapist on her way, so gotta run. LOL
This is what makes me proud
I like how you think!

I also like your TRIFECTA----Great shorty (young person slang for woman), great crib (young person slang for house), and great ride (young person slang for car)

I'm 38 going on 25.

Last edited by LS430inDE.; 05-07-09 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-07-09, 02:12 PM
Budhah
Driver

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
I like how you think!

I also like your TRIFECTA----Great shorty (young person slang for woman), great crib (young person slang for house), and great ride (young person slang for car)

I'm 38 going on 25.
Thanks.. I knew some of those. I think the word RIDE came in about the time teenagers were able to afford wheels. Early 60's. My first car was a 53 chevy 4 door. Girlfriend and I painted Hearts and our names on the Metal Dash.. Had a hard time getting the paint off when she dumped me for a guy with a 56 chevy, and got a new girl myself.
Old 05-07-09, 02:38 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

53 chevy huh? oh man, what year was that in if you don't mind my asking?? i bought a 90 mitsubishi eclipse for my first car in 97, and even this seems like a long time ago to me,, haha.
Old 05-07-09, 03:52 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
Well, when the car came out only the OLD RICH guys had them and they never liked to modify the cars.... now that they are in an affordable 20 -30k range all the tuners are buying them and modding them!!
I like the comments on this thread. By far, the LS is more mellow than the GS/IS.

Modding a car varies greatly by the age group....don't forget each region is different too
The young guys want them slam to the grand. Then you have other groups who want to be in the nosebleeders with their 22s and not lowering it, etc etc....

Be careful what you say about Seniors not modding

Old 05-07-09, 04:37 PM
Budhah
Driver

Maybe one of the reasons that the guys in the 07 LS460s are looking over their shoulder as to the value of their car when all the leases end in half a year... I see them coming down in price and a few with decent milage at the $50k price. The will drop down to around the $35k within a year.. If they have all the goodies. Nav being the main addition. While I don't use my GPS in local traffic much, I do like to be able to tell anyone listening when I will be pulling up in their drive. LOL

The 53 chev was bought in 1960 when I was 15, and could not drive it until I turned 16. I got it from a guy that could not make payments and paid it off while working at a Burger Chef drive-in nights, while going to high school in the daytime.. The guy that could not pay for it really got mad when I almost had it paid down, and he wanted it back. LOL he still hates me, and is driving around in an old clunker, and lives in a rented trailer on the bad side of town.

Quick Reply: This LS430 forum