LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Another expensive UL feature to watch out for

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-09, 03:20 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Another expensive UL feature to watch out for

I just found out that pretty square clear plastic grill emblem that comes with the 04'-06' UL with the PCS, Lexus don't sell that square plastic grill emblem separately. In order to buy it, you have to buy the whole PCS front sensor's assembly, the MSRP on it is $1240

The regular emblem without the clear plastic square window are sold separately for $30.

So don't break that piece, don't play with it, and if you happen to have to unbolt it for whatever reasons, don't drop it.

And pray nothing hit it when you drive.

Last edited by BNR34; 05-11-09 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 03:28 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Before anyone said the PCS is also available on the CL package, yes it is listed on the catalog, but I have never seen a CL with PCS.
Old 05-11-09, 03:37 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, now i'm going to be all extra paranoid about that dang thang, thanks bnr34 .. i saw an 06 UL on autotrader a couple days ago (black i believe and like within 300 miles from 21403) and it didn't have the pcs little square thing in the grill.. i had thought all this time that all UL's or at least a few 04's most 05's and all 06's had them, unless this grill has been replaced and the owner didn't want to drop the $1,300... damn.
Old 05-11-09, 03:46 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sojah
wow, now i'm going to be all extra paranoid about that dang thang, thanks bnr34 ..
No problem, that's what forums are for, to learn about these kind of things.

Originally Posted by sojah
i saw an 06 UL on autotrader a couple days ago (black i believe and like within 300 miles from 21403) and it didn't have the pcs little square thing in the grill.. i had thought all this time that all UL's or at least a few 04's most 05's and all 06's had them, unless this grill has been replaced and the owner didn't want to drop the $1,300... damn.
Now not all UL have the PCS, regardless of years. Some UL only have the laser cruise without PCS, even for 06'.

From my observation, seems like Lexus don't want to equip UL sold to the east coast with the PCS, I am guessing is because the PCS don't work so good in bad weather.
Old 05-11-09, 03:50 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

don't know about the bad weather thing, only once this year was the snow real bad and my pcs thing did flash up a warning about it being temp disabled or something and to check the pcs, blah blah blah. a few other snow showers didn't mess with it, but i did actually have some snow building up on the front bumper and grill during that one bad storm. i just like my pretty little square emblem. i like it so much in fact that i normally opt for an all blank grill with just the bars across and i had already picked one out but decided not to get it after i bought this UL w/pcs... who knows maybe it might actually come in handy one day.
Old 05-11-09, 04:01 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I love that pretty little square emblem too, it is the biggest cosmatic feature that tell the car is special, other then the headlight washers.

It is the 1st thing I look at everytime I see a LS430 on the street
Old 05-11-09, 04:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BNR34
I love that pretty little square emblem too, it is the biggest cosmatic feature that tell the car is special, other then the headlight washers.

me too....

Last edited by sojah; 05-11-09 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 04:28 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be gorgeous. In 2005, the PCS UL was $2,250 more than the laser UL. Same with CL packages.

What does PCS do that laser doesn't, besides tightening seat belts?
Old 05-11-09, 04:44 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonunya
It should be gorgeous. In 2005, the PCS UL was $2,250 more than the laser UL. Same with CL packages.

I should look it up rather than spewing words but I think it also apply the brakes

Gato is selling his grill-maybe one of us should pick it up
Old 05-11-09, 04:47 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is so funny....me too, and in ads as well. Secondly, if it doesn't have the square plastic on grill, I look to see if I can see the laser cruise integrated into the lower bumper.

BTW, when I had the clear bra installed on my UL I had them put a piece on my plastic square for added protection.
Old 05-11-09, 05:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I looked it up, the Bentley emblem, that Bentley called "3-D retractable Flying 'B' radiator mascot", is a $3190 option.

We can tell people our Lexus emblem, cost $1240

Old 05-11-09, 05:12 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hoonunya
It firms up the air suspension, tighten up the seat belts, and apply full braking forces.......the car basically brace itself for impact.
Old 05-11-09, 05:16 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jman-LS430
that is so funny....me too, and in ads as well. Secondly, if it doesn't have the square plastic on grill, I look to see if I can see the laser cruise integrated into the lower bumper.
That lower bumper hole is hard to see though I check for all UL feature, square emblem, headlight washers, side window curtain's hooks, and the gangstar lean

Originally Posted by jman-LS430
BTW, when I had the clear bra installed on my UL I had them put a piece on my plastic square for added protection.
Added protection is a good idea
Old 05-11-09, 05:17 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It firms up the air suspension, tighten up the seat belts, and apply full braking forces.......the car basically brace itself for impact.
Yeah, and I was told that in the process of "bracing itself" the front end drops a little. Not sure if that is true or not, and hope I never find out.
Old 05-11-09, 06:25 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Little window of opportunity

Before anyone said the PCS is also available on the CL package, yes it is listed on the catalog, but I have never seen a CL with PCS.
Isn't that little "glass" window actually a piece of plexiglass? If so, you could probably replace it was plexiglass, cut out, from Lowes.

As for CL with PCS, they definitely do exist as a recent thread asking about which LS we own, there were a few voted with CL and PCS. I guess for whatever the PCS does, it won't tighten the air suspension on the CL as they didn't come with air suspension...

Will the PCS apply full force all the way to a stop, or up to below some speed and then turn off?

Quick Reply: Another expensive UL feature to watch out for