LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Please insert the correct map DVD!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 09:03 AM
TheDONs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please insert the correct map DVD!

Hello,

I'm new to the whole lexus thing...
just bought me a 2005 LS430... love it to pieces...

first thing I did was go online and guess what pops up on youtube.... how to access the hidden menu!...
being me... i went and played with it and changed the navigation setup... not it says "please insert the correct map DVD!" and nothing works

I've read here that I have to access the motherboard and reset it through there but I don't know where the motherboard is...

appreciate all the help.
Thanks!
Old 05-14-09, 10:11 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tsk tsk... don't play around with what you don't know. I don't know where the motherboard is, but the main unit is in the trunk, under the floor, on passenger side. Hope someonen else can help you locate and "reset."
Old 05-14-09, 11:10 AM
duncan73
Driver

First, Welcome Aboard! There's a lot to learn and you'll find much enjoyment during the learning process. Shortly, there will be fellow enthusiasts coming on line who will be able to resolve your issue, or at least point you in the right direction. Give it a day or so, and you'll be happy with the outcome. Again, welcome to the club.
Old 05-15-09, 12:33 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No help out there for this poor lost guy?

I don't have any experience with this problem, but if it was me I'd give it a shot by pretending that I had a new DVD and removing and reinstalling it. The instructions for updating the DVD are in the FAQ sticky. It may reboot from scratch or it may save your bad settings. You may end up having to go to a dealer.

Do you even know which of the settings in the hidden menu that you tweaked?
Old 05-15-09, 01:09 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDONs
Hello,

I'm new to the whole lexus thing...
just bought me a 2005 LS430... love it to pieces...

first thing I did was go online and guess what pops up on youtube.... how to access the hidden menu!...
being me... i went and played with it and changed the navigation setup... not it says "please insert the correct map DVD!" and nothing works

I've read here that I have to access the motherboard and reset it through there but I don't know where the motherboard is...

appreciate all the help.
Thanks!
You have to take the unit out, where you will have to open it up and take out the fuse to reset the unit.

The unit is located in the trunk to your right. You need to take off two screws and pull it up to expose the unit. (pics can be found in the FAQ, look for it under "updating your nav DVD")

I have not done this myself, but have read from other members. In any case, no need to panic, someone will be here with more info shortly.
Old 05-15-09, 05:52 PM
TheDONs
Driver School Candidate

hello!

finally got it working!
Facng another problem now though...
When I press on the speech command button on the back of the steering wheel, I get a message saying "Voice recognition is now finished". it comes in a square window where the "cancel" button is working and the "help" is inactive.

no speech command....

Background: my car was imported from the states to the UAE, I setup the GCC navigation system. works great... all functions work except for the speech command...
When I replaced the GCC back to the north american DVD, I got the same command but the voice on the dashboard came back(ie. The lady tol me that the voice recognition is now finished) and that was it. Still no speech command...
any thoughts....

Than you all for your warm welcome this forum is THE BEST!!!!

Last edited by TheDONs; 05-16-09 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-16-09, 02:50 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TheDONs
hello!

finally got it working!
Facng another problem now though...
When I press on the speech command button on the back of the steering wheel, I get a message saying "Voice recognition is now finished". it comes in a square window where the "cancel" button is working and the "help" is inactive.
mine does that also if you hold the voice recog button. If I just press the button and immediately release then it waits for me to talk. It could be you're holding the button too long?
Old 05-28-09, 12:39 PM
TheDONs
Driver School Candidate

I'll try doing that and getting back to you... thanks a million...
Old 05-28-09, 08:42 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

How did you finally fix the original problem? I had a problem like that before when I think I accidently changed the to Japan or something like that. Thankfully it was still under warranty and the dealership had to order a "reset" DVD package or something to fix it.