LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

CABIN/AC & Seat filter PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 12:23 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
I don't think it's the Japanese are any more precise that others, it's their philosohy in auto building is different. I don't believe the domestics COULD NOT build a car as good as the Japanese, it's the corporate bean counters that ELECTED not to do so. Now that they're making an effort, it's too late. All the horse came out of the shoot and finished the race and went back to the barn and the domestics are just starting out of the gate.
The domestics are catching up fast, at least their highend products.

I recently test drove a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, it is a REALLY good car. My only complain is the seats are not quite there yet, it is not comfy. The cooling feature on the seats are amazing though, it is freezing cold!
Old 05-19-09, 05:37 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Darn right...

Originally Posted by BNR34
The domestics are catching up fast, at least their highend products.

I recently test drove a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, it is a REALLY good car. My only complain is the seats are not quite there yet, it is not comfy. The cooling feature on the seats are amazing though, it is freezing cold!
to the CTS for sure. I got to drive a CTS as a rental from Hertz last year and that interior I think is better layed out and looking than the IS. This was only the V6 and I felt it had plenty of power for the CTS, so can't imagine how much bette the -V is. As for seat quality, I thought it had good hug, and for the CTS, it needs hug, not big Caddy cruising comfort per say.

The only thing wrong with making the "highend" products better is that they are not the volume, money-makers that the lower ends (like Toyota, Honda, Nissan) are to the Japanese makes that make money. The domestic have no "lower" makes that compare and so they're not going to survive on making Cadillac and Lincoln better...
Old 03-30-10, 03:14 PM
mrsincere
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Hoonunya, Thanks for leaving that reset info for the cabin filter. I've had that stupid warning on for too long. Now that I've changed my filter, thanks to LS430inDE helpful input......I'm happy thats all done. My next project is to replace 2 O2 sensors once I get them in delivered. This forum is awesome resources and information.

Last edited by mrsincere; 03-30-10 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 03:16 PM
mrsincere
Driver School Candidate

To LS430inDE.......All of your info has been very helpful. Thanks so much for sharing it here.

Last edited by mrsincere; 03-30-10 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 04:40 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

A couple points:

- I'm glad that my pre-purchase inspection noticed that the CAF needed to be changed.

- I asked the local dealer to change the seat filters and was told there were none in 2005. I'll have to do a search here on how to find them.
Old 03-30-10, 04:47 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

If you have a UL don't forget to change the rear seat air filters also (and the tiny air return filters as well).
Old 03-30-10, 04:47 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsincere
To LS430inDE.......All of your info has been very helpful. Thanks so much for sharing it here.
My pleasure! I've benefited a lot from others on here also. I won't/can't put a DIY for a waterpump or timing belt, but any way to help others I will!
Old 03-30-10, 04:50 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Originally Posted by caddyowner
A couple points:

- I'm glad that my pre-purchase inspection noticed that the CAF needed to be changed.

- I asked the local dealer to change the seat filters and was told there were none in 2005. I'll have to do a search here on how to find them.
Greg---I don't understand. I have an 05 and it has a filter under the driver and passenger seats. You have to smash your cheek on the carpet and look up and under the seat w/a small penlight to understand it's placement.
Old 03-30-10, 06:56 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

^^^
Thanks, Ara. I spotted both of them under the seats. After twisting my head on the floor to look under there, my neck will probably be yelling at me tomorrow morning. Yeah, thanks again, buddy.
Old 03-30-10, 07:02 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Originally Posted by caddyowner
^^^
Thanks, Ara. I spotted both of them under the seats. After twisting my head on the floor to look under there, my neck will probably be yelling at me tomorrow morning. Yeah, thanks again, buddy.
Your chiropractor is my uncle.
Old 03-30-10, 07:26 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wow, that's a pretty dirty cabin filter to have missed. Also, like you said, it's only a one minutes tops item to replace. Clear the glove box, remove the cover, pull the filter out and replace the element. Atleast they didn't charge you for it...
Maybe they need to find a dead mouse in the cabin filter like I did before they will change it.
Old 03-31-10, 09:52 PM
TurboTodd
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Maybe they need to find a dead mouse in the cabin filter like I did before they will change it.
Or maybe they don't change it if the indicator isn't on.
Old 04-01-10, 01:34 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
My pleasure! I've benefited a lot from others on here also. I won't/can't put a DIY for a waterpump or timing belt, but any way to help others I will!
Ara, Did you change your rear seat air filters? I have been told getting the bottom of the seat up is difficult and it is very easy to break small clips found on filter housing.
Old 04-01-10, 04:39 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

^^
I think he as a ML which I don't believe has the rear seat filters.
Old 04-01-10, 04:49 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

I looked yesterday and could definitely see my under seat filters. I could reach under and touch them but it is not obvious how I could get them out to change them - very tight under there.. Is there a seat position that I should move the seat to so I can get easier access or is there some other tip/trick to changing seat filter? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer : )

Quick Reply: CABIN/AC & Seat filter PICS