LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Help Identifying Mark Levinson

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-09, 08:22 AM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Help Identifying Mark Levinson

Hey guys- I may become an official member today by buying a 2003 LS430 but I am trying to determine whether or not it has the Mark Levinson sound system. I sat in the car last night but couldn't figure it out. How can I tell?
Old 05-21-09, 08:52 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it has a crappy sounding subwoofer, then it is a ML.

Old 05-21-09, 08:54 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

It should say it on the radio. I think it is above the tune **** (the right one).

Old 05-21-09, 09:00 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Right on the radio... unless the owner was so devious to replace the face place with a ML one. As for the sucky subwoofer remark, it's only sucky if you blow it, which many here have, but I think they blast the radio at volume 40 with hiphop.
Old 05-21-09, 10:29 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've been turning mine up to like 42 lately and its still not loud enough when driving down the highway with the sun roof open... the ML also sucks nuts when sicking in the back seat too...
Old 05-21-09, 12:05 PM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. I saw it last night REALLY quickly so I might have missed the little Mark Levinson logo. I am so confused about the package this thing has and I really want the Levinson system.

It's a 2003 so as far as I can tell it couldn't have had the ML package... It looks like the original owner opted for a bunch of different upgrades but not a package (which doesn't make sense since it would have cost less to get the package). It's got heated/cooled front seats, heated/cooled back seats (little ***** have red & blue), gps, lexus link (says "lexus link error" when I start the car), front & rear parking sensors. But I don't see the laser cruise control, headlight washers, there are no massaging seats and just a pass-through where the cooler would be on a UL.

I was under the impression that if it had front and rear parking sensors it had to be either custom or ultra and would have mark levinson etc. Anyone?
Old 05-21-09, 12:11 PM
et025
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boomer01 what color is your leather, and the name of the trim? i have the same and just dont know the name of it. thanks
Old 05-21-09, 12:12 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

jbookie,

Show us some pics or link to the sales ad of the car, we can tell you exactly what package it has.

It is weird, normally only the UL got rear cooling seats.

Most cars has front and rear parking sensors, so that doesn't mean much.

I think in general, Mark Levinson comes with the NAV, does it have NAV? I don't think you can buy Mark Levinson separately without the NAV.
Old 05-21-09, 12:42 PM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by et025
boomer01 what color is your leather, and the name of the trim? i have the same and just dont know the name of it. thanks
I am pretty sure that the leather is called ecru and the wood is birdseye maple.
Old 05-21-09, 12:55 PM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

Cool Thanks

Thanks BNR. It DOES hav navigation with the lexus link. So confusing. Here is a link to the add - many pics. I don't see the light washers in there...

Here is the link: Here.
Old 05-21-09, 12:59 PM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

Thanks BNR. It DOES have navigation. So confused. Here is a link to the ad. I don't see headlight washers.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=310340792
Old 05-21-09, 01:11 PM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

I've tried posting the link twice.... I don't know what's holding things up...
Old 05-23-09, 09:37 AM
et025
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks boomer
Old 05-23-09, 07:40 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbookie
Thanks guys. I saw it last night REALLY quickly so I might have missed the little Mark Levinson logo. I am so confused about the package this thing has and I really want the Levinson system.

It's a 2003 so as far as I can tell it couldn't have had the ML package... It looks like the original owner opted for a bunch of different upgrades but not a package (which doesn't make sense since it would have cost less to get the package). It's got heated/cooled front seats, heated/cooled back seats (little ***** have red & blue), gps, lexus link (says "lexus link error" when I start the car), front & rear parking sensors. But I don't see the laser cruise control, headlight washers, there are no massaging seats and just a pass-through where the cooler would be on a UL.

I was under the impression that if it had front and rear parking sensors it had to be either custom or ultra and would have mark levinson etc. Anyone?
maybe your car came from alaska or hawaii or some strange place with strange option packages
Old 05-25-09, 10:18 AM
jbookie
Driver School Candidate

I figured it out guys: It does say "Mark Levinson" just above the tuning **** (right one). But I was just confused: it does not have cooled rear-seats. It has heated rear seats but I got my Lexus' mixed up in my head from seeing so many pictures. It has the ML package for sure. Thanks for all your help!!!

Quick Reply: Help Identifying Mark Levinson