LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I am so pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-11, 07:40 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OT: RX7RAGE, I must say that is a sweet looking RX7 in your sig (with an insane power:weight ratio!). I've seen less than 5 RX7s my entire life, probably seen more Supras around. Got any more pics?

And yes, I wish there was a far overflow lot for all the places I go but there just isn't. Whoever designs these shopping areas and restaurants should have people like us in mind...lol
Old 01-07-11, 03:07 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
OT: RX7RAGE, I must say that is a sweet looking RX7 in your sig (with an insane power:weight ratio!). I've seen less than 5 RX7s my entire life, probably seen more Supras around. Got any more pics?

And yes, I wish there was a far overflow lot for all the places I go but there just isn't. Whoever designs these shopping areas and restaurants should have people like us in mind...lol
Thanks, that's been my baby the past 12 years. lol I don't drive it as often because the car is pretty stiff and I'm getting older. Here's pics in my photobucket account.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/rx7rage/
Old 01-07-11, 06:46 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I have ownws my LS 80 k miles now and lucky no door dings. the dings are easier as dent doc's can usually ifxem. I just park in lots and hope for the best. My expectations are its only a matter of time and I will not get too pissed as people rarely look out for others interests.
Old 01-07-11, 05:21 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If someone parks by me, I don't mind if it's an equally as nice vehicle, because most of the time, I have no worries. I got a huge ding the other day in the LS... like a hail-size dent. I went into a store located next to a Ci-Ci's pizza (you can guess their target market) to pick up a battery for my camera, and within 10 minutes I had gotten a ding from the 1st generation Ford Explorer I parked next to. They had to have violently swung the door open to purposely dent the car. I guess that's what I get for being lazy and parking up front.

There are people out there that purposely damage vehicles out of envy, but I just have to accept it as a normal expense and not be upset, unless I catch them.
Old 01-07-11, 06:08 PM
bfg23
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I copped a few in the celsior when I used to have it.
I used to fizz about it, but really just had to laugh about it after a while, because if theyre life is so pathetic that they feel the need to damage others property out of jealousy......then it really really sucks to be them.
Old 01-07-11, 10:38 PM
shawnlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
Thanks, that's been my baby the past 12 years. lol I don't drive it as often because the car is pretty stiff and I'm getting older. Here's pics in my photobucket account.

I am guessing the sc will eat the rx7 besides the track?
Old 01-07-11, 11:51 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE

More OT: Thanks for posting the link, very sweet set of cars you have. Love the turbos you installed...intercooler and tubing are so shinny!! When that RX7 gets too firm for you I would be willing to take it off your hands.

Back on topic: sorry to hear more bad stories...sad to see so many losers out there.
Old 01-08-11, 01:09 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
If someone parks by me, I don't mind if it's an equally as nice vehicle, because most of the time, I have no worries.
From my observations, being able to afford a nice car doesn't necessarily mean the owner care about their car or other people's car. I have seen quite a few really beat up neglected exotic cars in real life. Just because it is a nice car doesn't make me trust their owner.
Old 01-08-11, 04:40 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ I'll attest to that. I've seen plenty of pretty expensive cars being treated very poorly by their owners. Some people don't appreciate what they have,it's all disposable... 'I'll just get a new one when this one breaks/dies/doesn't interest me anymore'.

When I was in the trade,it was often the people with the most expensive cars,that would put off maintennance items like brake pads and tyres. The average middle class person would just get it done,but the rich ones would ***** and whine about
needing a new tyre to pass rego or having to spend $110 for a set of brake pads supplied and fitted... 'do I really need it done now,can't it wait a few months?' 'Well,if you want to crash and die in the meantime,sure...'

Justin...
Old 01-08-11, 06:44 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Haha I believe you guys. I do trust the car that parks away from everyone, especially if it's nice/clean/unique. I always think that if I bumped into that owner we would have a good conversation. Only so many ppl in the world understand why we leave 20 spaces b/t us and the next car.
Old 01-08-11, 07:53 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Haha I believe you guys. I do trust the car that parks away from everyone, especially if it's nice/clean/unique. I always think that if I bumped into that owner we would have a good conversation. Only so many ppl in the world understand why we leave 20 spaces b/t us and the next car.
Agree - when I park out in west-&$&^ area of the parking lot I just assume the owners of the few other cars out there belong to my tribe. Out there the cars may not be the most expensive ones, but they are usually the cleanest on the lot : )
Old 01-08-11, 08:10 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
From my observations, being able to afford a nice car doesn't necessarily mean the owner care about their car or other people's car. I have seen quite a few really beat up neglected exotic cars in real life. Just because it is a nice car doesn't make me trust their owner.
I should have said, equally as "flawless". Yes there have been times where I've seen neglected exotics as well.