LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-09, 12:04 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bluetooth

My car is a 2006 LS Ultra. Is it possible when receiving a phone call, or during a phone call, to disable the car's Bluetooth feature and use your cell phone for reasons of privacy? In case it makes a difference my phone is a Motorola Razor. Thank you.
Old 05-28-09, 06:23 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes you can.

If your Motorola gives you a option on your display when BT is connected to the car to swap or turn off the BT connection to the car when on a call. If not you will have to turn off the BT in your Razor’s menu to go private. The BT in the car is just a receiver, it depends on how much control features the cell phone manufacturer provides in the phone. I have an iPhone so far it has the most BT control features I have seen on a cell phone, I can swap between the car and phone at will without losing BT connection or swap between speaker phone & the car. It wil allow you to answer call a incoming call to ways while on the phone with someone else, you can answer the incoming call and end the call you are on or answer placing the first caller on hold. Again the phone controls the BT far as how much control depends on the phone manufacturer. I know that some cell phone manufacturers have firmware upgrades for BT on certain phones that allows more feature controls for the BT, although I have only seen them for Smartphone’s but can’t hurt to check.
Old 05-28-09, 01:57 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tee
Yes you can.

If your Motorola gives you a option on your display when BT is connected to the car to swap or turn off the BT connection to the car when on a call. If not you will have to turn off the BT in your Razor’s menu to go private. The BT in the car is just a receiver, it depends on how much control features the cell phone manufacturer provides in the phone. I have an iPhone so far it has the most BT control features I have seen on a cell phone, I can swap between the car and phone at will without losing BT connection or swap between speaker phone & the car. It wil allow you to answer call a incoming call to ways while on the phone with someone else, you can answer the incoming call and end the call you are on or answer placing the first caller on hold. Again the phone controls the BT far as how much control depends on the phone manufacturer. I know that some cell phone manufacturers have firmware upgrades for BT on certain phones that allows more feature controls for the BT, although I have only seen them for Smartphone’s but can’t hurt to check.
Thank you! I sincerely appreciate your detailed response. I will also keep what you describe in mind when getting a new phone, which is due anytime now.
Old 05-28-09, 06:17 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I can also do that on iphone. When phone rings, do not press any button on nav screen, rather use buttons on phone. Call would not be transferred to bluetooth. however, if you press the buttons on nav screen, bluetooth would be activated.

Originally Posted by DNC
My car is a 2006 LS Ultra. Is it possible when receiving a phone call, or during a phone call, to disable the car's Bluetooth feature and use your cell phone for reasons of privacy? In case it makes a difference my phone is a Motorola Razor. Thank you.
Old 05-28-09, 07:20 PM
Tee

I answer and end calls via the button on the side of the steering wheel, I only use the buttons on the iPhone for call waiting or i need to go private.
Old 05-29-09, 06:28 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My Nokia N95 8GB gives me the choice to take/transfer my call privately to the handset.

Make sure you go with a 1.2 bluetooth compatible phone in the future.
Old 05-29-09, 12:59 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
My Nokia N95 8GB gives me the choice to take/transfer my call privately to the handset.

Make sure you go with a 1.2 bluetooth compatible phone in the future.
So any phone I buy make sure it has the 1.2 Bluetooth software and this will give me the options you have described? Your phone sounds like just what I need.
I find there are some calls I want to switch to my phone from the car's system because of poor sound quality after I am into the conversation.
It would also be nice if the car's screen had the caller ID feature.
Old 05-29-09, 01:05 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by DNC
It would also be nice if the car's screen had the caller ID feature.
It kinda dose have caller id, I transfered all of my contacts into the car and have the 1-touch dialing set-up. Whenever a call comes in that is stored in the cars address book, the caller name and # will be displayed in the screen. You need to have a cell phone that hass BT transfer feature, this is the only way to get contacts into the car address book/s.