Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a couple pics I took b4 work this morning

The label

Old 06-23-09, 07:10 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, i like that color much better than mines, but if its like you say that they get dirty way to quick i guess i'll be happy with what i gots then and not waste money on a new set, unless they actually need replacing one day . nice floor mats though.
Old 06-23-09, 09:06 AM
debian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah my ECRU colored car came with an extra set of Ecru colored floor mats. I got my car from Lexus of Silver Spring in Maryland. My mats aren't dirty at all so I am saving the set that is in plastic for the future.
Cheers,
Ian
Old 06-23-09, 09:13 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

you wanna sell em to me?? ^ ^ ^
Old 06-23-09, 09:33 AM
debian
Driver

lol @ Sojah....a bigggggg fat "N", and a little bitty "o".

I do want to meet up with other Maryland owners someday this summer though.
Cheers,
Ian
Old 06-23-09, 10:43 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i see, i see, in the neloc forums they are talking about some sat evening meeting up at cantlers in nappy town for crabs but i don't know if that is this sat evening or next or what??? you two should come on out def. so at least we can rep 3 ls's maybe more who knows.
Old 06-24-09, 05:21 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LRoy430ul
Here's a couple pics I took b4 work this morning

The label

Thanks, called my dealer and gave him the part number and he said he had two sets. When asked why he couldn't find them he said they were in the archives and didn't show in the search function? He said that maybe they were from a previous supplier and that is why they were in the archives. Wow, the resources of this forum amaze me.

You the man!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-09, 06:07 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

what is the cost, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 06-24-09, 06:36 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
what is the cost, if you don't mind my asking?
I have seen some on ebay for $ 89.99 but my dealer has them for $148. That is for 2 front and 2 rear mats.
Old 06-25-09, 12:07 AM
gtfour43
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car also has the ecru floor mats. They match the carpet perfectly. Mine are upside down so they dont get dirty
Old 06-25-09, 07:17 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

FYI ... Everyone with Ecru interiors

Have discovered that the Part number for the Ecru mats PT 208-50010-20 is listed as only for 01-02 LS430s and the LEXUS name is embroidered in a Taupe color to match the dash and sill. However, there is another Part number for a mat called Ivory (I think it ends in 10 instead of 20) and it is the same color as the 01-02 Ecru mats only it has a LEXUS name embroidered in a different color obviously to match the Ivory interior.

I can only assume that people complained that the original Ecru mats became too dirty too fast (like in this thread) and in 03 Lexus started offering the Taupe mats as an option.

Going to pick up my Ecru mats today and am in a quandry as to what color to get (either the Taupe or Ecru). My problem with the Taupe ones are that people comment because they do not appear to match the carpet (also stated in this thread). I really like the look when the mats match the carpet but it looks cleaner than when using the Taupe ones. I was thinking of having clear plastic mats in the trunk and take them out for rainy days. However, from the comments on this thread it appears that the Ecru mats show dirt immediately even in good weather.
Old 06-25-09, 07:25 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i have been contemplating getting the ecru mats myself for the last few days because of this thread but i can't seem to pull the trigger. if i had to replace my current taupe mats i am like 85% sure i would try and get the ecru ones, but as it stands i don't know if i would want to get the ecru-ish colored ones just because i have a hard enough time keeping my current ones clean.

hmmm....

at first i really wanted the matching ecru mats because that is what i thought it was supposed to come with and i thought i just got ripped off or something, but now i feel much better knowing that others have the same ones and that this may actually be the ones that some of them came with in the first place. the color contrast of the taupe and the floor carpeting actually doesn't look that bad to me, and much better than ecru colored mats with dirt stains all over them

having ecru floor mats is like getting white carpet in your home, very pretty to look at but not so functional. i feel like i would need to take my shoes off and drive in socks or slippers if i had such clean light colored mats.
Old 06-25-09, 07:52 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ecru mats do look nice...so nice that you wont want to step on them cause anything will show. If I had a chance to pick new mats again as I did at the dealer I would pick the gray mats since they still match the dash and steering wheel. My car came with gray mats in the front and no rear mats. I have the new ecru mats in the back with plastic mats on top and I still have the gray mats in the front....My front ecru mats are in the trunk wrapped in plastic........
Old 06-25-09, 09:07 AM
debian
Driver

Jeez, you guys sound like hens! Dude buy the bloody ecru mats and just try to keep them clean...they match the rest of the interior.
The people who buy/bought these cars new who could afford a +$50,000 car I guess are not the ones complaining...they would simply have the mats cleaned or buy new ones.
How dirty are your mats getting? Are you guys sticking muddy shoes on the mats?
I hope I don't sound mean....I am smiling as I type.
Cheers,
Ian
Old 06-25-09, 09:58 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

well my car was 80k new i paid 32k and i complain about paying $2.67/ gallon for premium gas.

i had a set of $6500 rims and complained every time i got out and looked at them closely.

if i had some sort of steam vacuum i think i would gladly get the ecru mats but i don't know how else to keep them clean. i currently have 2 big greasy oil stains on my drivers mat and both were from various oil changes and not myself. i am not worried about myself getting the mats dirty, just other people. i got pissed when my friend left a bag 5 guys french fries in my car and it smelled like fries for a week...

Last edited by sojah; 06-25-09 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply: 06 UL Ecru Interior Carpet Mats, Taupe?