LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Problem with stock air and controller... PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 01:32 PM
stackwell
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with stock air and controller... PLEASE HELP!

Hey guys! Has anyone come across a problem where let's say you're in setting 7 and then put it in L mode.. and the rears mad tuck part rim, but the fronts don't budge at all?

the fronts don't move at all in any setting, but im not getting any codes or anything. any ideas?

thanks!
Old 06-24-09, 01:53 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

put it back to a diffrent setting for 3 second and back to L mode again and again till it grabs the function
Old 06-24-09, 01:59 PM
stackwell
Driver

I'll try that right when I'm done with this next patient lol. You think the fronts are stuck in 1 setting?
Old 06-24-09, 04:09 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my shiz acts up in a somewhat similar way sometimes as well, but like gato said usually fixes it... very very annoying but whatever you gotta pay to play right??
Old 06-24-09, 04:23 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been having all kinds of problems with mines on and off for the past couple of months.sometimes the rear would go all the way up and the front would be slammed.and thats when i set it on '6".and just recently,i had problems with it all day sunday through today.****** im getting pissed!
Old 06-24-09, 04:33 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BIGGZ
i've been having all kinds of problems with mines on and off for the past couple of months.sometimes the rear would go all the way up and the front would be slammed.and thats when i set it on '6".and just recently,i had problems with it all day sunday through today.****** im getting pissed!
I have the same issues occasionally but usually correct it self. Rear all the way high, and front low, or driver's side front all the way high and the rest are low...
very very very annoying.
Old 06-25-09, 05:11 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

maybe this is what i was told by the autobox employee when i tried to buy one (dsc) in osaka back in january. i couldn't understand but half of his japanese but he kept saying that a lot of cars have issues w/ the controllers and end up going aftermarket air, now i can see why. but since i'm not making osaka money i can't just decide to do that on the fly...
Old 06-25-09, 10:45 AM
stackwell
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
maybe this is what i was told by the autobox employee when i tried to buy one (dsc) in osaka back in january. i couldn't understand but half of his japanese but he kept saying that a lot of cars have issues w/ the controllers and end up going aftermarket air, now i can see why. but since i'm not making osaka money i can't just decide to do that on the fly...
i agree. if i had the money i would get aftermarket air in a heartbeat. I tried what you told me GATO and so far it looks as if its leveled now, but still wont go any lower in the front and i have 20's and its only half the tire
Old 06-25-09, 12:13 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stackwell
i agree. if i had the money i would get aftermarket air in a heartbeat. I tried what you told me GATO and so far it looks as if its leveled now, but still wont go any lower in the front and i have 20's and its only half the tire
so it was lower than that before right?? try to turn off the car, and turn it back on while holding down the upper left hand button on the controller, then hit the lower right hand button to make sure it is in 'super down mode' or whatever. try to put it on L and leave it be for like 4 minutes so it can set all the way down and then put it back up to 6 or whatever you had it on.
Old 06-25-09, 12:36 PM
stackwell
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
so it was lower than that before right?? try to turn off the car, and turn it back on while holding down the upper left hand button on the controller, then hit the lower right hand button to make sure it is in 'super down mode' or whatever. try to put it on L and leave it be for like 4 minutes so it can set all the way down and then put it back up to 6 or whatever you had it on.
before the fronts would tuck in L mode. yea i tried that also. the rear goes up and down, but even in L mode the fronts don't move. its like it's stuck in that 1 position. im baffled.
Old 07-10-09, 09:35 AM
stackwell
Driver

still having the problem where even in L mode the tire doesnt tuck. is this normal? it will now raise up ridiculously high but wont tuck to save my life. any ideas?
Old 07-10-09, 10:46 AM
SDxLS430
Driver School Candidate

good thing I did some research about the stock air suspension before deciding to save more money to jump on a UL. really tho, I'm fine without a fridge and buying aftermarket air is better than having to deal with replacing my factory air struts and thats $$$$. Even with the controllers you still can't slam your ls, unless you get the youzealand drop kit.
Old 07-10-09, 11:09 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i about to get the youzeland drop kit on stock UL w/ controller, in the coming weeks, can't wait. but yeah sometimes the controller get a little sticky and you have to play with it to get it to behave... try resetting it stackwell if your still having problems.

try holding down the upper left button on the controller when starting the car and make sure the backward looking 'C' ucf 30/31 is selected. also make sure your high button is not pressed (like someone else who had problems,,, GATO!! ), put it on like 5 let it settle turn it off, turn back on put it at like 7 let it settle, turn it off, turn it on and put on like 9 let it settle and turn it off, blah... put on L let it settle... gl

~bbr
Old 07-10-09, 12:14 PM
stackwell
Driver

thanks sojah.. ill try that once i get back to the shop. the high button by the sport mode and headlight washer buttons right? this has got me debating whether to do my custom fenders and trunk setup or go aftermarket air lol
Old 07-10-09, 12:54 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

let me ask a question....before the data controller did you guys try lowering the car with the links in the front? this might make a difference.

if you did, put the links back to stock setting. If the links have been moved to lower the car previously it will confuse the sensors and probably try fighting the controller.

Quick Reply: Problem with stock air and controller... PLEASE HELP!