LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Advice for Prospective Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 02:05 PM
Badmon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I truly appreciate all the feed-back, I suppose the touch-up paint should be obtained at the Lexus dealership? As well, should I invest or be looking at protective films for the front of the vehicle?
Old 07-07-09, 02:39 PM
debian
Driver

you know, I really wanted a black bra for the front of my lexus and my wife thought it was "ghetto", so I did not do it. I think it makes a car look sporty. I was told by a lexus GS owner, my sister-in-law, that the clear covers mess with the paint job on the front of the car. Make it look faded. So that is why I don't have that as well.
I wouldn't mind hearing what others have to say about the clear front cover.
Get the black bra!!!!! lol
Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-07-09, 05:01 PM
Badmon
Driver School Candidate

Lol, being a young person of colour I highly doubt that I will rid myself of the "ghetto" label regardless - which is quite unfortunate in itself. I appreciate your opinion and would like to hear others comment on protective film
Old 07-07-09, 05:17 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Full ghetto...

Originally Posted by Badmon
I truly appreciate all the feed-back, I suppose the touch-up paint should be obtained at the Lexus dealership? As well, should I invest or be looking at protective films for the front of the vehicle?
Depends on the color of car. On a lighter color, you won't see the edge of the clear bra much, but on a black car (like mine), you'd see the edges about one day after cleaning the car. Dust and stuff will gather at the edge and on black, you will see the line. I saw a sample on a black car before getting the clear bra, and once I saw it... NO WAY. I called it off and went with conventional sport bra and mirror bra. I'll take a picture and post lata on another thread. I'll call it "sport bra" or something.
Old 07-07-09, 11:17 PM
Badmon
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks - My vehicle I am getting will be black - heading to the dealer tomorrow
Old 07-08-09, 12:41 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

good luck w/ that...
avalon, just a overgrown camry, not thing special...
Old 07-08-09, 07:49 AM
debian
Driver

Hey Badmon, you are going to love your Lex...I agree with Killer above. Make sure you don't compromise...look closely at the leather seats...test all of the buttons if you are not getting a CPO from a lexus dealer. Get the carfax report. Hopefully you will get two keys and a valet key.

Mek sure seh yuh live up to yuh name, an' negotiate lakka true badmon, zeen.
jah bless,
Ian
Old 07-09-09, 09:10 AM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Find myself car shopping today as well.
The immediate object of my affection is a 2001 LS430 with 39,000 miles.

The car it will replace was a 96 LS400 that got totaled yesterday.

An idea of a fair price & any particular info for LS430 & 2001 models specifically would be helpful. I am in a time crunch. Yesterday oddly enough was a car crunch!

seller Asking a tad over $17,500

Last edited by damon; 07-09-09 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 11:34 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yo so debian, you seem a little knowledgeable about the rude boy business and you still won't respond back to the pm of yours that i responded back to... now i think your just being a little slow i hope my phonetic spelling didn't scare you away, i really am down for the cause(s). and bless up to you as well bredren. are you going to be at the 3rd annual jamaica day (featuring king yellow man this year) at the annapolis fair grounds this sunday, if not you should def come out? it promises to be a good time for the 3rd year straight. check the link up!

as far as advice i would have a lex dealership inspect the vehicle if nobody else has already mentioned this. and badman i like the way you spelled colour all european like...

Last edited by sojah; 07-09-09 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 12:17 PM
debian
Driver

Hey Damon, not sure where you are in the country but at Lexus of Rockville here in the Washington DC metro area there is a black (or dark blue) on black LS430 in the parking lot for $17,500 I did not get up close on it so I am not sure of the mileage. It looked like a 04-06.
google them...
Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-09-09, 04:01 PM
damon
Racer

I am in North Texas, but thanks!
Old 07-09-09, 06:22 PM
98LS
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Badmon,

Did you get the LS?
Old 07-11-09, 09:38 PM
Badmon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by debian
Hey Badmon, you are going to love your Lex...I agree with Killer above. Make sure you don't compromise...look closely at the leather seats...test all of the buttons if you are not getting a CPO from a lexus dealer. Get the carfax report. Hopefully you will get two keys and a valet key.

Mek sure seh yuh live up to yuh name, an' negotiate lakka true badmon, zeen.
jah bless,
Ian
Mi bredren, of course man dem have fi negotiate !

Unfortunately - I took the trip down to Toronto (my hometown) from Ottawa (where I live now) and stopped at the lexus dealer on the way to Niagara Falls Wednesday night. My appointment was for 1 PM today, left the hotel in Niagara at 10 30 - got a call at 10 45 saying the car was sold.
So now I am back to the drawing board and imminently considering a 750li (I know, I know) but I will require a vehicle very very soon. Options are running out.
Old 07-12-09, 01:07 AM
damon
Racer

Bought the 2001 LS430 with 39,000 miles for $17,000.00
Car seems to be in great shape & has nice records. Has some small touch up body rash but we are all in all, very happy.

$200 in a body shop should get it near perfection.
Old 07-12-09, 10:21 AM
adorjr
Driver School Candidate

Smile Congrats on the 01 LS 430

Damon: Great buy! I was looking at that same LS (Craigslist, Dallas, TX) but still not ready to buy. Have to get the house first and then the LS 430. What trim is it? UL, CL, Premium? Was wondering since I really liked the color. Congratulations again!

Quick Reply: Advice for Prospective Buyer