LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2006 Blk/Blk UL/IN Found

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-09, 12:10 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nincon2001
Found one outside of Atlanta that looked sweet at a non Lexus dealer but I always wonder why the Lexus Dealers pass up on these cars at auction. But in reality I would probably prefer the CL version.
Hi there. I too am in the market for a nice LS and saw a few in Atlanta. The CL version is probably at a place just outside of the city in Marietta. The dealer (www.lexuslocators.com) typically buys and sells a variety of late model Lexus cars. I visited the guy(s) last year when I was searching for my SC430. He seems pretty fair and checks his cars over very thoroughly. He told me some of the tricks other used car dealers try, and some of his ways to make sure he is getting a top quality car from the auctions in FL (Lexus Financial). I'd do business with the guy if he had what I was looking for.

At another dealer up the road in Marietta, they had a 2004 UL was in "great condition". I decided to go there and noticed the hood was replaced, the paint job was bad, and the bumpers were a flat white vs. pearl on the rest of the car. Clean AutoCheck, but obviously spent time in the shop. That trip cost me a day of vacation, 7hrs of driving, and a full tank of gas. I was not happy about that place. I guess they thought i wouldn't notice it was in bad shape.

There is nothing like being there and seeing/driving. I agree. Buy a round trip ticket and throw away if you find your dream car. You gotta be ready to walk.

Last edited by DDLexus; 08-03-09 at 12:12 PM. Reason: re-worded text
Old 08-03-09, 03:27 PM
Nincon2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Hi there. I too am in the market for a nice LS and saw a few in Atlanta. The CL version is probably at a place just outside of the city in Marietta. The dealer (www.lexuslocators.com) typically buys and sells a variety of late model Lexus cars. I visited the guy(s) last year when I was searching for my SC430. He seems pretty fair and checks his cars over very thoroughly. He told me some of the tricks other used car dealers try, and some of his ways to make sure he is getting a top quality car from the auctions in FL (Lexus Financial). I'd do business with the guy if he had what I was looking for.

At another dealer up the road in Marietta, they had a 2004 UL was in "great condition". I decided to go there and noticed the hood was replaced, the paint job was bad, and the bumpers were a flat white vs. pearl on the rest of the car. Clean AutoCheck, but obviously spent time in the shop. That trip cost me a day of vacation, 7hrs of driving, and a full tank of gas. I was not happy about that place. I guess they thought i wouldn't notice it was in bad shape.

There is nothing like being there and seeing/driving. I agree. Buy a round trip ticket and throw away if you find your dream car. You gotta be ready to walk.
I'm familiar with that one. I've got someone near there that is going to take a look. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. If it checks out I might drive down. Glad to know someone is familiar with the guy. I don't trust CPO cars without looking at them. Seen too many that have been wrecked that were CPO'd
Old 08-04-09, 04:40 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I am a member on corvetteforum and have had fellow members look at cars for me on a number of occasions. This is just one tool to use in evaluating a car. Even if they aren't all that mechanically inclined...they are a fellow vette owner and can give me a once over look at a car and point out anything that stands out to them. Also...if they test drive....anything that stands out. I always thank them and offer to pay for their time. All have declined and were happy to do it for me. Many times it has saved me a trip across country. I have done it once so far for someone else.

I am in the market for an LS430. I decided at this time to limit my search from '01 to '03 because I don't want to spend the 30+ in this economy. I would love to have an '05 or '06....but I will be happy with and '01 to '03. I am going to pass on the UL and Nav. A base car will be fine. This will be my daily driver....and my wife and kids will be in it frequently. So far..I have found a super clean '03 for over half off what a nice '06 would cost me. I am fine with that right now....maybe in a few years I will move up.
Old 08-05-09, 08:02 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
I am in the market for an LS430. I decided at this time to limit my search from '01 to '03 because I don't want to spend the 30+ in this economy. I would love to have an '05 or '06....but I will be happy with and '01 to '03. I am going to pass on the UL and Nav. A base car will be fine. This will be my daily driver....and my wife and kids will be in it frequently. So far..I have found a super clean '03 for over half off what a nice '06 would cost me. I am fine with that right now....maybe in a few years I will move up.
Nothing wrong with a '01-'03 (though I much prefer the peppier programming of the '04+ transmission), but you could probably get a very nice '04+ non-navigation car in the 50-60K mile range for very low 20's. Not necessarily this one, but an example:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

I'm not sure what they're doing these days, but 3 months ago several dealers (particularly Lexus and Toyota dealers) were dropping 10% off their internet price for LS430's as soon as they picked up the phone. That wasn't common in years past, but I had about 5 or 6 different dealers doing that recently.
Old 08-05-09, 01:25 PM
Nincon2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Hi there. I too am in the market for a nice LS and saw a few in Atlanta. The CL version is probably at a place just outside of the city in Marietta. The dealer (www.lexuslocators.com) typically buys and sells a variety of late model Lexus cars. I visited the guy(s) last year when I was searching for my SC430. He seems pretty fair and checks his cars over very thoroughly. He told me some of the tricks other used car dealers try, and some of his ways to make sure he is getting a top quality car from the auctions in FL (Lexus Financial). I'd do business with the guy if he had what I was looking for. .
Sold as of today.
Old 08-05-09, 03:33 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
is it just me..prices on these LS430's have gone up compared to past december-january?
Prices on all used Lexus have gone up compare to the past October-January, that was a dip in the prices, I am guessing no one was buying anything.

Since then, due to the economy, I am guessing people buy used cars instead of new cars now, driving up the demand and prices.

I am so glad we got our 06' SC430 back in October, current market price are $3k~$5k higher then what we pay. But then convertible worth a lot more in the summer have a lot to do with it.
Old 08-05-09, 03:42 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been watching LS430's, S550 Sport's, and Nobel M400's (what tiny few M400's come up for sale) and they all seem to have bottomed out in about March/April and since bounced back a little from what I've seen.
Old 08-05-09, 03:58 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I6turbo
I've been watching LS430's, S550 Sport's, and Nobel M400's (what tiny few M400's come up for sale) and they all seem to have bottomed out in about March/April and since bounced back a little from what I've seen.
Yeah, I am glad I don't need to buy a car for a long time.

My LS430 fulfill everyone of my needs, I don't even have the desire to try out or look at any other cars now since I am 100% content. My only wish now is my LS430 last a long time and nothing happens to it.

Me and my wife went on a 200 miles round trip drive in the LS430 yesterday, that was a long drive for me as I hate long distance driving. The car still amused me after owning it for 17 months, it feels so good. Zero discomfort being in the car for 3.5 hours. Even the SC430 give me some slight discomfort after a few hours.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-05-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-05-09, 07:18 PM
Nincon2001
Driver School Candidate

We'll I'm trying for another car tomorrow. 2006 Black/Ecru. Not my first choice combo, rather have Black/Black or the elusive Black/Saddle. It's a CL so I got close. It's in great condition. 41K and about 8 months left on the original warranty. I'll post pics if I get it.
Old 08-06-09, 12:04 AM
kimanh
Rookie

my brother is in the same boadt as u, been trying to source out a good deal on a black / black or tan gs 400 from the states since june. even in this recession dealers seem to be pretty firm on thier price as my brother told me most of them won't budge on thier aksing price even if u paid in cash.
Old 08-06-09, 10:08 AM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Auction prices for 06 LS430 have gone up by $1500 and for 04 LS430 by $1200 since Feb 09.

I can actually sell my car for 4K higher than what I bought it for. I am so tempted as I don't really "need" a car.
Old 08-06-09, 12:00 PM
Nincon2001
Driver School Candidate

Well, I just bought the LS430. Black/Ecru CL Package. Clean 41,666 miles. 11 months left on the orig. warranty. $28,750 at auction. $500 auction fee. Having some minor blemishes cleaned up and detailed. I'll have it shipped rather than drive it the 6 hours. Should have it next week. I'll post pics and then I'll be rim shopping. Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-09, 12:03 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Nincon2001, congrats! Is the car a 2006?
Old 08-06-09, 12:09 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

On your LS430, you will love it!

What is your taste far as wheels?

What size 19' or 20'?

Stag set or not?
Old 08-06-09, 01:46 PM
Nincon2001
Driver School Candidate

I have just started thinking about rims. I'm not sure I like 20's on an LS. What's your opinion?

Quick Reply: 2006 Blk/Blk UL/IN Found