LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Pros and cons of buying a 2004 LS430 in 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 06:58 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
WHAT ?!?!?!? You mean it looks the same as in it has a back window, dual exhaust, four doors, and four tires right ????

Stevie Wonder could tell the difference between an LS430 and a Sonata. A LS430 to a 2 generation ago MB S-class I can see... but Sonata??? UGH...
If one can't tell the difference between Lexus LS430 and any Hyundia then they...

Sorry but I findi it hard to believe.

Last edited by Tee; 08-07-09 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-07-09, 07:10 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by bensisco
For example, from the back and the sides the LS430 and Hyundai Sonata unfortunately look a lot alike. As for the satellite radio, it is a bit of trouble to order the satellite tuner and have it installed in an old LS430 as opposed to buying a car that’s satellite ready. But as I've mentioned already, the comments here as well as the pictures in the other threads have been very helpful. I like the Lexus LS line for its quality, reliability, great interior and long list of features.

Honestly, I'm failing to see ANY resemblance from any profile angle between the LS & the Sonata

Care to explain (in detail) what you are referring to & how you came to that conclusion?
Old 08-07-09, 07:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they both have the same license plate color in the first photos!!! now you see it, the resemblance, no??

sounds like some hyundai driver is having delusions of grandeur to me.

i think like tee said this thread should get a big EPIC FAIL!!!

comparing a brand new lower mid level car to a couple year old upper level lux car is not even a close comparison. i say to the original op that they should just go buy their 'brand new' pontiac and forever hold their peace... my quote to you is 'you don't know what you don't know'
Old 08-07-09, 09:32 AM
bensisco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Alright, I understand as fellow LS owners some of you took the Hyundai comparison a little too personally (though you know I’m right). Try walking up to an LS430 from the rear and you'll see what I mean.

But, thanks for all of the comments. When I make the final decision and buy something, I’ll let you guys know. Hey, if I keep my old LS400 can I remain a part of the Lexus LS community?
Old 08-07-09, 09:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow judging by your comments i wouldn't have even figured you were a present lex owner. but yeah i think a gs (which are very fine sports sedans) might be more in line with what you were trying to compare to.
Old 08-07-09, 10:27 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Try walking up to an LS430 from the rear blindfolded and wearing a space suit and you'll see what I mean.
Fixed.

Seriously, you're off in the weeds here, dude.

How you ever ended up with your '97 LS instead of an Impala, Crown Vic, or Grand Am is a mystery, but I think you are one of those lucky few who would be just as happy with something less.

Last edited by I6turbo; 08-07-09 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-07-09, 11:40 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Talking

Alright, I understand as fellow LS owners some of you took the Hyundai comparison a little too personally (though you know I’m right). Try walking up to an LS430 from the rear and you'll see what I mean.

But, thanks for all of the comments. When I make the final decision and buy something, I’ll let you guys know. Hey, if I keep my old LS400 can I remain a part of the Lexus LS community?
I'm not an LS owner (would love to be though ) but the two cars look nothing alike They are NOT even close. The folks here are not taking your comments personally...we just don't get what your talking about.

To prove my point....why don't you post a poll thread with that comparo pics of the LS 430 next to the Sonata......let's be democratic about it & let majority (Read: VAST majority) rule? Because frankly I doubt members here care if you buy yourself a diesel powered rescue bucket.....never mind another LS. Perhaps one of those is close to the styling of a 2004 LS in your eyes too?

There is a reason why your identical thread was closed in LOC lol.
Old 08-07-09, 06:27 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

bensisco,

We wish you the best luck as you search for your next car. In the meantime, I think its a little more then pointless discuss back and forth how much the LS430 does or does not resemble a Hyundai. With that, i'm going to close this thread.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 08-10-09 at 12:03 PM.