LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

DEALER broke my roof antenna while oil change

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 05:45 PM
bassil2022
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEALER broke my roof antenna while oil change

I took my 2001 LS430 UL to Toyota dealer to do regular maintinance like oil and oil filter change, air filter, cabin filter, tire rotation and other things. After I took the car, I noticed that the staring wheel was shaking and was pulling at left. I took it back to them and they said its from the tire rotation and they will fix tomorrow because its already 5pm. After I arrived home, I noticed that the roof antenna was broken!!! I am %100 sure the antenna was there when I gave them the can first time because last night I washed the and I was it.

You know that they have automatic car washer. They wash the car after they finish from the maintenance and before they gave you the car.

tomorrow morning I am going to there for fixing the tire rotation,,,
What do you think they will say when I tell them? What should I tell them?

I called the guy who served me when I noticed it, I know there are already closed, but I left a massage explaining what happened.
Old 08-13-09, 07:08 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe they took it off and forgot to put it back on when they ran it through the car wash?
Old 08-13-09, 08:01 PM
bassil2022
Driver

Originally Posted by airtime
Maybe they took it off and forgot to put it back on when they ran it through the car wash?
I don't think so because it looks broken.

I will post pic to show that...
Old 08-13-09, 08:12 PM
bassil2022
Driver

Does this look like it has been taken off or broken ??

could it be taken off easily without braking it??
Attached Thumbnails DEALER broke my roof antenna while oil change-antenna.jpg  
Old 08-13-09, 08:18 PM
gs4bkny
Driver

looks broken to me. I would just out right tell them that this is not the way i brought the car in. If you know for a fact that i was there when you brought it in then just demand that it get fixed. Kick, scream, call the mgr until someone FIXES IT!!
Old 08-14-09, 04:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for reals man get them to fix it. also ask them if they have security video if they try to say it was like that when you drove in. tell them to check the TAPES!!!

an oil change spot tried to tell me that they didn't break my grill on my old gs400 when it was clearly not broken when i brought it to them. i had them check the tapes and guess how it looked when it was pulled into the bay???
Old 08-14-09, 05:03 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate bringing my car anywhere for anything. The tint place I brought my car into, left this little ding on the underside of the door (not very visible)... but how was I going to dispute it?

As for your antenna, that's broken alright. I would get them to replace it. $80 or so for crying out loud.
Old 08-14-09, 10:59 AM
bassil2022
Driver

I just came back from there.

They return the tires as they were.

And about the antenna, they said we found it back, but its not going to work. They will order new one and install it for me for ZERO charge, and they apologize.

This was my first time and first experience with them, and I was very upset !! I don't think I'm going there for the next service...
Old 08-14-09, 11:14 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bassil2022
I just came back from there.

They return the tires as they were.

And about the antenna, they said we found it back, but its not going to work. They will order new one and install it for me for ZERO charge, and they apologize.

This was my first time and first experience with them, and I was very upset !! I don't think I'm going there for the next service...
Well, atleast they admitted to the fault and didn't try to brush it off. Accidents do happen, and that piece sheered right off, so they may just not have noticed it being missing.

No Lexus dealers by you?
Old 08-14-09, 11:22 AM
bassil2022
Driver

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja

No Lexus dealers by you?
unfortunately, the nearest one is 92 mile away from me. I don't know where do I take next time. specially when I want to do the time belt and water pump.

Any suggestions,,
Old 08-14-09, 01:15 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you worked it out with them.

My local Toyota dealer also works on Lexus with oil change and maintenance. Same oil filters etc, just don't have the nice leather sofa, espressos, food, hot receptionist, etc that the Lexus dealer has but $40 less for an oil change.
Old 08-14-09, 01:31 PM
bassil2022
Driver

My local Toyota dealer also works on Lexus with oil change and maintenance. Same oil filters etc, just don't have the nice leather sofa, espressos, food, hot receptionist, etc that the Lexus dealer has but $40 less for an oil change.
and how is Toyota's services works with you? Because as I said this my first time and this what happened !!
Old 08-14-09, 05:38 PM
Atl
Driver

$40.00 less?? Nalley Lexus charges only $50.00.
Old 08-14-09, 05:49 PM
bassil2022
Driver

Originally Posted by Atl
$40.00 less?? Nalley Lexus charges only $50.00.
what do they do beside oil and oil filter? what other services including the oil change? and what kind of oil do they put? is it 5w30 or what?
Old 08-14-09, 05:54 PM
Atl
Driver

Originally Posted by bassil2022
what do they do beside oil and oil filter? what other services including the oil change? and what kind of oil do they put? is it 5w30 or what?
For $50.00 (always the same price) The change the oil/filter, check the fluid levels and tread depth of tires, and wash it. I guess it's 5W30, but not synthetic. Both Nalley Lexus stores charge the same here in Atlanta.

Quick Reply: DEALER broke my roof antenna while oil change