REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my favorite picture right now
Old 10-15-10, 06:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know i have to say that i normally don't like silver cars but this is prolly the best silver ls430 pic i have ever seen, seriously. i'm a little color blind but does it look like it has a bluish pearl to it?? i had a vietnamese friend in high school that had a brand new prelude with like 30k in upgrades to it and he had the best silver paint job i had ever seen in real life and it had a blue-ish pearl overspray clearcoat type thing put on top of his silver.
Old 10-16-10, 12:35 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

silver was my second choice...i am a white car guy, but after looking for a LS for 8 months i give in on this one. paint is stock color on pieces that i didn't paint. i have a friend who is a professional detailer that make this car really stand out when clean
Old 10-16-10, 09:32 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the reflection in the picture ........can I be your little twins?
Old 10-17-10, 08:01 AM
lexuslspro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
man, those are falken nice (excuse the cursing) !!!
I wish everyone was as good as you when it came to cursing...
Old 11-19-10, 09:01 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

finally done with the mounting the data system controller!

what i did is use a jdm oem ETC unit. took out the unit itself and just use the shell to mount my controller. i don't really use the controller itself, however i want it here because i can always see what height i am in when i am driving. took me a while because i only can work on my car when i have free time and i keep redoing it because not happy with the turn out.

anyway here is the pics.
the shell

make a filler plate

check it out don't like the gap at the corners

redo it again

cherry revision approved!

kinda finish pic

finally redo it one more time to have it more flush to the housing

you can see i am not using the controller to alter height. it is still at "0" setting meaning no adjustment. but i can see the actual height of the struts by looking at the bars.
Old 11-20-10, 04:26 AM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good rev i like it.....
Old 11-20-10, 04:57 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

cool idea........
Old 11-20-10, 12:16 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by REV-01
finally done with the mounting the data system controller!
I removed the ash tray and I'm happy that I can hide it. See also: http://www.grazio-co.com/30celsior/celsior_3coat.html
Attached Thumbnails finally worthy to post pics for cl-phto0014a.jpg  
Old 11-20-10, 12:58 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whitetooth
I removed the ash tray and I'm happy that I can hide it. See also: http://www.grazio-co.com/30celsior/celsior_3coat.html
if i have it down low i would make a custom bezel have it next to the 3 button switches where the compartment use to be. but either way i don't wanna take my eyes off the road just to look at my ride height. it is something i look pretty much every traffic light.
Old 11-20-10, 03:46 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

if i have it down low i would make a custom bezel have it next to the 3 button switches where the compartment use to be. but either way i don't wanna take my eyes off the road just to look at my ride height. it is something i look pretty much every traffic light.
Change it 50 times and you can do it using audio feedback only. In normal pos it beeps 2 times, one more as the others. Double beep + double push the down key and I'm in height 6. However, your solution is a good one.
Old 11-21-10, 01:57 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Change it 50 times and you can do it using audio feedback only. In normal pos it beeps 2 times, one more as the others. Double beep + double push the down key and I'm in height 6. However, your solution is a good one.
peeps as in pushing the buttons to change presets? like i said i am not really adjusting. the pic you see at the top of this page. it is my "0" setting. what i mean is i look at the 4 bars while driving. they represent what height each of my struts is on thus i know if its low or high. sometimes if i have just a cooler in the trunk it will lift the car up slightly. and i could see it by looking at the bars. or sometimes when it is kinda low i can see it at the controller thus not full crank the steering wheel because i know it will rub my front fender.
Old 11-21-10, 06:11 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i used to constantly look at mines as well when i was riding low on the controller and ss kit. its almost a relief not to have to look at it anymore. i knew a guy who had his installed in his glove box and he said he would just select a height and roll with it and not ever care to change it or look at it, i found this to be very difficult not to look at it when i had mine,, every traffic light and constantly when driving down the highway i would look at it, but for what though???
Old 11-21-10, 11:34 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

peeps as in pushing the buttons to change presets? like i said i am not really adjusting. the pic you see at the top of this page. it is my "0" setting. what i mean is i look at the 4 bars while driving. they represent what height each of my struts is on thus i know if its low or high. sometimes if i have just a cooler in the trunk it will lift the car up slightly. and i could see it by looking at the bars. or sometimes when it is kinda low i can see it at the controller thus not full crank the steering wheel because i know it will rub my front fender.
Yes, peeps every time I push the up or down button (right hand side). Perhaps we have a different software/settings/model. My controller is two years old.
I never watched the bars, it rubs in L and front only and L is not for driving as without suspension the airbags can open in theory. Red display warnings are bright enough.
Old 11-21-10, 12:43 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

i think it is probably same model. i been selling the same one for a while now. i know it beeps. i guess i got used to look at it all the time because i would look at my dakota digital air pressure gauge from my previous car with airrunner. i ride low all the time thus i need to keep an eye on it all the time.

Quick Reply: finally worthy to post pics for cl