LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New Nav 09.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 05:45 PM
fotch
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
You can find detail changes for the new version.

Log on to lexus.com, select owners, select mylexus, select vehicle resources, select Navigation Maps, a Table will display, select your Gen, and you will then be able to scroll to the specific area, state, city, etc for detail listing of changes.

Jay, is there a way to get the updated info on earlier versions. I just bought an '06 SC430 that came with version 5.1, I'm curious to see if any updates in between are worth the investment. Thanks
Old 08-27-09, 09:30 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, i'm still at V 7.1 on my Navi. I should probably buy this.
Old 08-28-09, 05:26 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still on 4.1 and don't really have any new roads popping up where I live, it's pretty established place and condensed. Thus far, only one place I've gone to where the NAV failed me, to the Uvy hangar in D.C. They did not have the area.

I'll upgrade in 2010 to version 10.1...
Old 08-28-09, 07:23 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by fotch
Jay, is there a way to get the updated info on earlier versions. I just bought an '06 SC430 that came with version 5.1, I'm curious to see if any updates in between are worth the investment. Thanks
Afraid I can't answer that question, as the Lexus info only lists the changes from last year's version. When I bought my 04 LS430 in 07 it had Ver 6.1. I would check each year to see what the local changes were. Our area completed a major loop bypass with the last 5 miles giving direct access from our house in late 07. That was in included in last years version, so I chose to not purchase. This year's version is definitely for me as it impacts routes from home (and I'm tired of seeing the vehicle displayed as driving on no roads while I'm actually on the new freeway).

Bottom line. If you are aware of major items missing in your local area, then you can decide if you want to upgrade. If you're satisfied with what you've got you can monitor each year and decide. If you have an area nationally in interest your can use the same method.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by jayclapp; 08-28-09 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Add text
Old 08-28-09, 08:05 PM
sarkleshark
Driver School Candidate

What is involved in the upgrade and can I do it myself? Do you just load in the new dvd or is there additional programming to do? Can I screw up the whole system? Thanks
Old 08-28-09, 10:19 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
I updated in 08, my salesman said I should upgrade every 4 yrs save to save $$$. If the overide is back i'm in for the 09.1 version b/c I miss it.
they are not bringing back the over ride, I can pretty guarantee that... wish they updated with 3/D birdsview feature, that would be awesome... they did that for my 2004 BMW, navi got updated with 3/D.... but I don't think Lexus will do that

Last edited by KILLERGS4; 08-29-09 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-29-09, 09:11 AM
debian
Driver

I have an 04 LS430 that has an old nav disk in it. If anyone upgrades to the latest one I would be willing to buy the old version from you.
PM me if you want to sell your 8.1version.
Thanks,
Ian
Old 08-29-09, 02:06 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i second ian thoughts.. ^ ^ ^ if there are 2 out there i would like to buy the second one...
Old 08-29-09, 06:29 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

I'll be taking my Ver 6.1 out when I receive the new 9.1.
Old 08-30-09, 07:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was that 2006?? ^ ^ ^
Old 08-30-09, 07:56 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
was that 2006?? ^ ^ ^
Yes. I bought the CPO 2004 LS430 UL in April 2007 and they had updated the DVD. The Nav system says it is " ver .06.1".

I've noticed that Lexus designates the versions by year released, i.e., 6.1 for 2006, 7.1 for 2007, 8.1 for 2008, etc. When I bought my car it had the latest version, released in September 2006.
Old 09-04-09, 10:25 PM
sarkleshark
Driver School Candidate

I currently have the 4.2 navigation disk in my 2005 ls430 and am thinking of upgrading to the 9 series. Is this as simple as inserting the new dvd? or is there more to the upgrade?

Do the upgrades improve on the appearance of the nav maps or only the information. What is override? haow do I do it and is it in the new disk?

thanks from a novice

sarkleshark
Old 09-05-09, 07:45 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sarkleshark
I currently have the 4.2 navigation disk in my 2005 ls430 and am thinking of upgrading to the 9 series. Is this as simple as inserting the new dvd? or is there more to the upgrade?

Do the upgrades improve on the appearance of the nav maps or only the information. What is override? haow do I do it and is it in the new disk?

thanks from a novice

sarkleshark
The override that people are mentioning is a signal that will activate the annoying "I Agree" button you have to hit every time the car is started.

I don't expect an override to be included in the new Version DVDs. I ordered the new version from Sewell a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I received the following e-mail regarding my order:

"Thank you for placing your order with Sewell Lexus for the 9.1 Navigation DVD. While we had originally expected your order to ship on the 1st of September we have just been notified of a recent change with the Lexus vendor providing the navigation DVD’s. At this time, we anticipate that we will receive your navigation disc for shipment the middle of September. As soon as your order ships, we will make sure to email you the tracking number. You are also welcome to check the status of your order at Sewellpartsonline.com/LOGIN.ASP.

We apologize sincerely for the delay in the shipment of your order and rest assured we are putting forth every effort to ensure your order is processed as soon as possible."

If that is indicative of Lexus delivery of the new versions, it will be a couple of weeks before anyone has the new disk for installation. Only then will we know if an override is included.

Regarding whether the new versions do more than just include updated info, I can't really answer that. I have never made an update and have no comparison.

Has anyone out there made an update and can answer this?

The installation is merely replacing the DVD in the system.
Old 09-05-09, 06:53 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
The override that people are mentioning is a signal that will activate the annoying "I Agree" button you have to hit every time the car is started.

The installation is merely replacing the DVD in the system.
the first statement is incorrect... with the older disc pre-6.1 you have a override function were you hit series of buttons on the screen, and you can type in addresses/dest as you drive (like the german counterparts). This is cool feature which I miss in my 8.1. For this reason my people have tried making a hybrid disc with 5.1 and 8.1 but no success thus far... many have tried, and many have failed....

second, yes all you have to do is insert the new 9.1 and your done, however you can't go back to older disc and expect the override to work, because once you input the newer disc, that function goes away completely.
Old 09-15-09, 07:46 PM
shpatel
Driver School Candidate

So did anyone receive this and is the override function back? I still have v4.1 which is a pain in the **** when trying to find newer addresses or nearby stores but I am reluctant to give up the override feature which I use all the time.

Quick Reply: New Nav 09.1 Update