AznRacer
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

glad to hear everyones are okay
Old 09-02-09, 08:32 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Hope your family is okay. Looks like the entire body is buckled. Looks like it's irrepairable. Insurance will likely pay you blue book value.
Old 09-02-09, 08:44 PM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The damage does look like it'll cost more to fix than to just total the car out. Hope the family is okay.
Old 09-02-09, 10:25 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SC4
The Pontiac looks like it hit going 65MPH... The LS held up like a tank compared to the Pontiac... glad everybody is OK.
i agree.. good to know that LS can hold up pretty big impact. i hope your family have a speedy recovery.. gl finding next LS..
Old 09-02-09, 10:50 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im glad your wife and mother was not hurt. the images say a lot about Toyota Engineering.
Old 09-02-09, 10:53 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Those crumple zones really did their job well.

Looks very totaled. Glad everyone was okay.
Old 09-02-09, 11:34 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

I'd be surprised if they don't total it. Sorry to see that this has happened. That really sucks. Glad to hear that your family involved was not seriously hurt.

GLW dealing with this.
Old 09-02-09, 11:43 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i found out with my insurance company is that when they total out your car they look at fair market value. so yes they look at the kbb and such but they also include what the market prices people are paying for the car. i believe the prices for ls430's in il has gone up. it because i got into an accident in july did some front end damage. the total cost of damage was about 11k. thank god for insurance...but yeah i thought the car would have been totaled out so i started to search for a new one. i couldnt find one for the price i paid for mine. no where near what i paid for mine. but yeah they ended up fixing it. so yea depending on your insurance company they might give you what the market value of the car is. another thing i would recommend is find all your maintainence records to show them your car was running top notch so you can get the most for your car.
Old 09-03-09, 01:44 AM
ejthomp
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have an attorney yet?

The insurance company has lots of attorneys and lots of adjusters and their only purpose is to give you as little as possible.

I've been through this before.... if you don't have an attorney on your side, you are going to get taken. Your first call should have been to an attorney. Sorry, but that is the best action in today's world. They are going to give you a low ball offer and expect you to swallow every expense. You will argue and argue and argue and they will sit, sit, sit, until you accept some ridiculous offer of settlement.

With an attorney on your side, you would already be driving a loaner vehicle.... You have that, don't you?
Old 09-03-09, 05:03 AM
bassil2022
Driver

Originally Posted by stock_sc
from what i found out with my insurance company is that when they total out your car they look at fair market value. so yes they look at the kbb and such but they also include what the market prices people are paying for the car. i believe the prices for ls430's in il has gone up. it because i got into an accident in july did some front end damage. the total cost of damage was about 11k. thank god for insurance...but yeah i thought the car would have been totaled out so i started to search for a new one. i couldnt find one for the price i paid for mine. no where near what i paid for mine. but yeah they ended up fixing it. so yea depending on your insurance company they might give you what the market value of the car is. another thing i would recommend is find all your maintainence records to show them your car was running top notch so you can get the most for your car.
Well, I'm glad to here that the market is going up in IL because I live at IL, and they said we will look all over IL for exactly like your car and see how much is it. I bought my car on July 09. My car is Ultra Package with a black wooded inside, so its rare. If the insurance company wants to look what is the value of my car in the market and they want to find one exactly like it, they will shocked from the price. I started searching for it. Because when they call me, I will be in full of knowledge to talk.
Old 09-05-09, 03:05 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear that, man. At least your wife and mother-in-law were in the LS... Look at how that bad boy took the impact of the G6... and on the other side... look at the G6. Just be fortunate you had a very safe car.

I'd say they would give you close to $16,000 for the car, maybe a little more. Hope it all works out for the best.
Old 09-06-09, 11:54 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to see the damage. Of course the safety of your family will outweigh any cost.

Did the air bags deploy? That will total out a car in many cases as it'll be 10k in replacement alone just for that. Like someone else mentioned above, get a lawyer. If they don't total it out for whatever reason, make sure they adjust for lost in value due to a collision as in the future if you decide to sell, the value will be much lower.

good luck.
Old 09-06-09, 09:21 PM
ebolger
Rookie

Actually the insurance company will probably use something other than KBB. It will have access to other vehicles of similar miles , age and condition have sold in the recent months. It may work to your advantage ...or disadvantage. I suggest that you start pushing the carrier pretty hard or start making references that you might have to make claim under the Underinsured/Uninsured portion of your policy. They will want to settle quicker.
Old 09-06-09, 10:49 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get more than you can sell the car for for sure.
Old 09-06-09, 10:50 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In most state, uninsure motorist coverage only applies to bodily injury, not your property.
Check your state law first.

Quick Reply: My baby had an accident :'(