LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I am thinking to get Infiniti instead of my totaled baby.. what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 09:06 AM
bassil2022
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am thinking to get Infiniti instead of my totaled baby.. what do you think?

hi guys do you remember my poor totaled baby when it has accident and it has been totaled?
if you don't from here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-accident.html

Well, since the insurance company and I reach to a settlement and they are going to pay me the check, I already started looking for cars.

It is the biggest headache I've ever seen to look for "the right and good car"

one of my friends recommended for me to have a look on the 2002 Infiniti Q45 till 05

I looked at it, and it looks so good, and it has a great features and options + its price is so good for me since I decided not spend all the check.

what do you think guys to have this car instead of LS especially when it has almost the features of LS430 UL with the good price??

I need your opinions..
Old 09-16-09, 09:32 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've also heard good things about the Q45.

Remember, the cheapest part of owning "the right" car is looking for it.
Old 09-16-09, 09:41 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in my opinion the q45 only looks good when it has a few mods. with a few mods it is a beautiful vip car, without mods i feel that it looks worse than a japanese lincoln town car
Old 09-16-09, 10:04 AM
Thumbert
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My experience with Nissan products has been very negative. My last foray into Nissan ownership was a then brand new 2006 G35 Coupe with 6 speed. Clutch and tranny were very poorly made. Entire clutch assembly replaced and still the car would still stutter in first gear. Searching the G35 forums showed that this was a common problem. Also, I had lots of little problems with it such as defective seat heaters and other little things that added up to a real headache. Then, my car started burning obscene amounts of oil. I am talking about 1 qt per 1000 miles. This is also a common problem. Ultimately, Nissan bought the car back from my under NJ lemon law.

My advice to you is to stay away from any product manufactured by Nissan.
Old 09-16-09, 10:29 AM
gpb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infiniti?

If you want a less reliable car that rides rougher, is noiser, and depreciates faster, go ahead!
Old 09-16-09, 10:36 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Thumbert
My experience with Nissan products has been very negative. My last foray into Nissan ownership was a then brand new 2006 G35 Coupe with 6 speed. Clutch and tranny were very poorly made. Entire clutch assembly replaced and still the car would still stutter in first gear. Searching the G35 forums showed that this was a common problem. Also, I had lots of little problems with it such as defective seat heaters and other little things that added up to a real headache. Then, my car started burning obscene amounts of oil. I am talking about 1 qt per 1000 miles. This is also a common problem. Ultimately, Nissan bought the car back from my under NJ lemon law.

My advice to you is to stay away from any product manufactured by Nissan.
sorry Thumbert, just cause your car had a bunch of issues, it does not mean that the whole Infiniti line up is bad.

Q45s are nice, i would definitely pick one up if i sold my LS.
Old 09-16-09, 10:55 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Infiniti is always my 2nd choice after lexus. Even before getting my LS, I looked into a used FX.

Brother in law had a 98 QX4, trouble free except for a stuck sunroof (covered under warranty) and tranny dead at around 110k miles.

Even if infiniti's break down, they aren't an arm and a leg to repair unlike used germans. No way in hell would I touch a used German for that matter.
Old 09-16-09, 11:22 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

sorry bro, but i just looked it up and i prefer the LS.
Old 09-16-09, 11:37 AM
gs4bkny
Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Infiniti is always my 2nd choice after lexus. Even before getting my LS, I looked into a used FX.

Brother in law had a 98 QX4, trouble free except for a stuck sunroof (covered under warranty) and tranny dead at around 110k miles.

Even if infiniti's break down, they aren't an arm and a leg to repair unlike used germans. No way in hell would I touch a used German for that matter.
I agree. used germans are nothing but headaches and problems. I really can't sign off on an infiniti over a lexus. I mean infiniti would be a good second choice as far as a japanese car is concern, but why go for second best?
Old 09-16-09, 12:36 PM
bassil2022
Driver

guys I agree with all of you. BUT, the reason why I'm choosing infiniti Q45 is that it has a lot of features with a low prices and Japanese car. I don't know why its rare and not a lot of people want it. I don't see it a lot out. That's why I'm asking.!! If it has problems or anything, I'll go with the 2005 Avalon. I can get it with same price of Q45.
Old 09-16-09, 12:49 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Irony:

I'm looking at a forum ad above the post area that shows Infiniti as a sponsor of this forum.

From 02 to 05, I show no reliability report issues, but it is also rarely brought into shops and called on. Typical nissan problems, like CKP's, cats, headlight modules, etc... that's about it. I say if you like it, its worth a shot. There is a history on the older models with failures left and right, but the 02-05 lineup has avoided the same problems it appears.
Old 09-16-09, 12:53 PM
bassil2022
Driver

Originally Posted by fourthmeal
Irony:

I'm looking at a forum ad above the post area that shows Infiniti as a sponsor of this forum.

From 02 to 05, I show no reliability report issues, but it is also rarely brought into shops and called on. Typical nissan problems, like CKP's, cats, headlight modules, etc... that's about it. I say if you like it, its worth a shot. There is a history on the older models with failures left and right, but the 02-05 lineup has avoided the same problems it appears.
Thanks for that valued info..
Old 09-16-09, 02:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Have you considered the "M" series.. Man i'm really digging the M35 and M45. The interior IMO has all the bells and whistles and maybe more compared to a GS and LS models.. I've been looking on ebay and The "M-Sport" model is the one to get.. Just thought i would throw that out there.. Your not the only one that likes Infiniti LOL...

GL
Old 09-16-09, 02:58 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Have you considered the "M" series.. Man i'm really digging the M35 and M45. The interior IMO has all the bells and whistles and maybe more compared to a GS and LS models.. I've been looking on ebay and The "M-Sport" model is the one to get.. Just thought i would throw that out there.. Your not the only one that likes Infiniti LOL...

GL

with M's, the instrument cluster can go bad at times.

I like them too. Muscle-car in Japanese clothing.
Old 09-16-09, 03:28 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Acura is a better option than Infiniti. From a price and resell perspective it is a good way to go from a reliability point of view also! I would myself stay with Lexus(ES,GS,LS,etc) no matter the model. Its tempting to get a cheaper car I'm sure and understand why you want the Infinit, it's a nice car and I've heard good about it myself! That said, I'd rather have the Acura TL or RL than an Infiniti based on resell and reliability issues!

Reason I say Acura is my girlfriend has owned a couple Acuras and they havent given her any issues and she has over 150,000 miles and the car is a 2004 model year! Ultimately you should buy what YOU want Basil because it's your $ and your life! Advice is good but, we live once and we should live it to the fullest!!! L.G.N.M

Quick Reply: I am thinking to get Infiniti instead of my totaled baby.. what do you think?