LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

the new 430

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09 | 05:16 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Your new wheels definitely belong on this car!
Old 12-04-09 | 05:21 PM
chrispy

The DTX looks great on your car. The LS is one of the only cars that is able to pull it off. I hope you're going to lower it.
Old 12-04-09 | 05:26 PM
Tee

Still looking good brah!
Old 12-04-09 | 05:30 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL.. Thats a baller car you have there sir
Old 12-04-09 | 05:55 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

thanks guys...Yeah def going on bags once I get my stuff together.

Caira...I def saw yours the day after I picked my car up pulling into towncenter. I saw the MRRs and was like...FAwk....My ride looks like ***** and I know it and he just rode by me stuntin'...lol I was waitin for the wheels then. Well, now I'm back in south FL. Too bad we couldn't hook up when I was up there.
Old 12-04-09 | 08:18 PM
Jabberwock

very nice - looks great!
Old 12-05-09 | 12:10 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

I can understand if some fellow members dont like the members wheels but, is in needed to be plain old mean and egregious about how one feels they look. Its his car and his taste. You can disagree with his/her taste but, being polite is priceless. All the best member and ignore those who rudely say things about YOUR wheel decision!!! WOW, Americans are so rude and heartless at times, it amazes me how people say anything out of there mouths and on the internet not taking into account peoples feelings at all!!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 12-05-09 at 05:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-05-09 | 05:14 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by usermel
I can understand if some fellow members dont like the members wheels but, is in needed to be plain old mean and egregious about how one feels they look. Its his car and his taste. You can disagree with his/her taste but, being polite is priceless. All the best member and ignore those who rudely say things about YOUR wheel decision!!! WOW, mericans are so rude and heartless at times, it amazes me how people say anything out of there mouths and on the internet not taking into account peoples feelings at all!!!! L.G.N.M
Who is being mean in this thread?

- OP buys new LS with black wheels he doesn't like and plans to replace.
- Most folks agree with OP that the black wheels should go.
- A few folks, myself included, say they kinda like the black wheels.
- OP buys new wheels and posts pics.
- Everyone applauds the new wheels and asks for more info / pics.

Where's the hate?
Old 12-05-09 | 05:20 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Welcome to CL, love the new wheels that are coming. Your new 430 is so much more car than the Camry!! congrats !
Old 12-05-09 | 05:50 AM
Joe Cat
Driver

Would you mind sharing the specifics on the wheels LIKE RUBBING if any and under what condition and offsets and adapters/spacers if any and tire size front and rear- name brand and recommendations?

Joe
Old 12-05-09 | 08:27 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by usermel
I can understand if some fellow members don't like the members wheels but, is in needed to be plain old mean and egregious about how one feels they look. Its his car and his taste. You can disagree with his/her taste but, being polite is priceless. All the best member and ignore those who rudely say things about YOUR wheel decision!!! WOW, Americans are so rude and heartless at times, it amazes me how people say anything out of there mouths and on the internet not taking into account peoples feelings at all!!!! L.G.N.M
Ok I know what you are talking about from some threads in the past and you make some very good points but they don't apply to this thread. The only rude post (below) is from the OP about his own wheels (original ones) on his his LS, which he is entitled to do. He was speaking in 3rd person in his post, with a touch of sarcasm.

Originally Posted by GHSER7
Exactlly...these wheels loo like ***** on this. Who would put some racing mesh wheels on a lux car like this? I've got the Maya DX2/trafficstar DTX 20s on the way. Once I have time, I want to get some airrunner suspension, rear lip spoilers(window and trunk), prob front and rear lips.

It already has JL clean sweep with over $2600 in JL speakers and amp that replace the stock speakers. I'm going to add either my two JL 10s or one JL 15. It also has the ipod adapter and screen switcher to watch movies.
Old 12-05-09 | 09:58 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Cat
Would you mind sharing the specifics on the wheels LIKE RUBBING if any and under what condition and offsets and adapters/spacers if any and tire size front and rear- name brand and recommendations?

Joe
I'm running:
Maya DX2 (Trafficstar DTX) black polish
20x9 +30 high disc 1.5” lip with 245/35
20x11 +35 super low disc 3” lip with 275/35

Cut rear fenders. I had the car fully loaded moving back down to south FL last weekend and it only rubbed once on a banked on ramp. I'm prob going to go with 265 or 255 next time so I can lower the car.
Old 12-06-09 | 10:33 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Welcome to CL.. Very clean looking LS..
Old 12-07-09 | 04:12 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Thats the one sir!!!

Originally Posted by Tee
Ok I know what you are talking about from some threads in the past and you make some very good points but they don't apply to this thread. The only rude post (below) is from the OP about his own wheels (original ones) on his his LS, which he is entitled to do. He was speaking in 3rd person in his post, with a touch of sarcasm.
The other member who said he didnt know what I was talking about maybe didnt read that one or didnt think it was kinda crossing the line. I can and do respect others opinions. And thanks for seeing what I was speaking about. That said, I respect members who felt like it wasnt a bad thing as well. Its like two people see a woman and one thinks shes a 10, while the other thinks shes a 6.

Its a eye/ear of the beholder thing and maybe the guy like you said speaking in 3rd person meant no harm as I dont think he did. I just wish members would think a bit about how it my get taken by the member they speak of you know. Im sure the moderator has expressed being kind t each other and keeping comments non offending. Again, your right and I agree the person/member who made the comment didnt probably mean any harm so, in advance i apologize to that member because these boards she be fun and a release from stress. Love, Usermel!!! L.G.N.M
Old 12-07-09 | 04:17 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Thats the one sir!!!

Originally Posted by Tee
The other member who said he didnt know what I was talking about maybe didnt read that one or didnt think it was kinda crossing the line. I can and do respect others opinions. And thanks for seeing what I was speaking about. That said, I respect members who felt like it wasnt a bad thing as well. Its like two people see a woman and one thinks shes a 10, while the other thinks shes a 6.

Its a eye/ear of the beholder thing and maybe the guy like you said speaking in 3rd person meant no harm as I dont think he did. I just wish members would think a bit about how it may get taken by the member they speak of, you know. Im sure the moderator has expressed being kind to each other and keeping comments non offending. Again, your right and I agree the person/member who made the comment didnt probably mean any harm so, in advance i apologize to that member because these boards should be fun and a release from stress. Love, Usermel!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 12-07-09 at 04:19 AM. Reason: spelling!!