LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Three LS430 questions: Suspension, shades, safety glass

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 12:36 AM
zbs60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three LS430 questions: Suspension, shades, safety glass

Can anyone answer these three items for me on the '01-'03 LS430s??

A - If an LS430 has the rear shade option on it, does it also then have the rear-side window shades as well? I know they are all there on the Ultras, but I'm not sure about the other cars I've seen. I believe the rear shade comes on the Custom Luxury option, but I'm not clear on whether the rear-side shades come with that as well.

B - What package did the laminated safety glass come with on the '01-'03 LS430s, other than the Ultra package? Was there another package that had it?

C - Last but not least, can a sport-suspension kit of some kind be installed to an LS430 that doesn't come with it from the factory?

TIA!
Old 11-17-09, 04:16 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default More than less...

Originally Posted by zbs60
Can anyone answer these three items for me on the '01-'03 LS430s??

A - If an LS430 has the rear shade option on it, does it also then have the rear-side window shades as well? I know they are all there on the Ultras, but I'm not sure about the other cars I've seen. I believe the rear shade comes on the Custom Luxury option, but I'm not clear on whether the rear-side shades come with that as well.
Manual side shades only came with Ultra. The Custom Luxury and below did not come with the side shades. Of course, because it's a manual part, you could always re-tro install by getting the parts, but I've priced them and they're about $400/side.

B - What package did the laminated safety glass come with on the '01-'03 LS430s, other than the Ultra package? Was there another package that had it?
Custom and Ultra Luxury.

C - Last but not least, can a sport-suspension kit of some kind be installed to an LS430 that doesn't come with it from the factory?

TIA!
Of course, it's all upgrades to bigger and stiffer parts. Not sure how cost effective it would be, but doable for sure.
Old 11-17-09, 08:27 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good words......u know your LS430's ......
Old 11-18-09, 12:17 AM
zbs60
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback!

Still not sure what I'm going to do....
Old 11-18-09, 03:55 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How much will I...

Thanks for the feedback!

Still not sure what I'm going to do....
For me, it was CL or UL when I was shopping. It all came down to how much "I" was going to enjoy the car, not my passengers (except my wife of course). With three kids, the back row was pretty much taken up, so getting the UL would have meant a lot of rear seat goodies that would probably not get used for next ten years atleast.

Also, air suspension wasn't critical for me and to me, it's just extra something to eventually have to replace at big $$$. I was keeping the car until it got run to the ground, so the air suspension was going to go eventually.

All that were really important to me of the two trims were the suede headliner and headlight washer, so I saved $3K and got the CL.

If you don't have kids (or not three) and will keep the car for a little while, and will be back in the rear seats and might enjoy the extra goodies (side sunshade, heated/cooled seats, massage, and soda container) then go for the UL.
Old 11-19-09, 09:08 PM
zbs60
Driver School Candidate

3 kids; well, in another year that is a possibility! However by then we may have an SUV.

I'm really just an angry guy who HAS to look for a new car right now because my wife go into a wreck in our LS400 and totaled it! I loved that car. It was a '00 with less than 30,000 miles on it when I found it just last year. It looked like it had been kept in a time capsule for eight years; I nearly gasped when I saw it. We got a sweetheart deal on it, and it ran flawlessly with zero problems. We put 60,000 miles on it, then nearly 2 yrs later; BAMM! Now my baby is in a garbage-heap somewhere. It's going to be almost impossible finding another used car in that good of condition for the what we bought it for. That's the biggest disappointment. When you get a good deal, you have to take care of it!

I think I'll post-up what I'm looking for on the classifieds page and see if anyone want's to offer theirs.

Thanks for all the info!
Old 09-25-12, 10:35 AM
wlwright50
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking for Ultra Luxury Side Door Screen Hooks

Does anyone know where i can find hooks for the Ultra Luxury side door curtains. My wife was out driving one day and...

Any info would be a big help. Thanks.