LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bluetooth Connection Delay

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 05:07 PM
sparklesea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Connection Delay

Bluetooth connects to my iPhone flawlessly, but on outgoing calls, there is a connection delay. The person on the other end has to say hello 2-3 times before I ever hear them answer.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-09, 05:11 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine does that also but only when i make an outgoing call from the cellphone itself. Think we may have to live with this one homie.
Old 11-17-09, 07:12 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I find, once the screen goes black, start talking because you've connected.
Old 11-17-09, 10:18 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by sparklesea
Bluetooth connects to my iPhone flawlessly, but on outgoing calls, there is a connection delay. The person on the other end has to say hello 2-3 times before I ever hear them answer.

Thanks.
So...let me ask you this...Do you ever hear the actual phone "rings" after you've dialed and hit send?

After I dial and hit send (on my phone), I then hear the ringing (through the car's audio system) and then hear the other person pickup and say hello and all's well.

Are you dialing via keypad on the nav or via your phone?

Is your phone "connected" via bluetooth seconds later after you start your car or your phone makes a successful bluetooth connection only during your attempt at placing a call?

Do you have any special hacks or nav/phone overrides in place?
Old 11-18-09, 04:26 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Black out...

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
So...let me ask you this...Do you ever hear the actual phone "rings" after you've dialed and hit send?

After I dial and hit send (on my phone), I then hear the ringing (through the car's audio system) and then hear the other person pickup and say hello and all's well.

Is your phone "connected" via bluetooth seconds later after you start your car or your phone makes a successful bluetooth connection only during your attempt at placing a call?

I think the dialtone only works if you dial from the car phonepad and not from the phone. If you dial from phone, you're silent until the call is connected.

As we all know, once the car is moving, you can't use anything Nav related, including the phone dial pad, so you have no choice but to use the phone.
Old 11-18-09, 07:39 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car's Bluetooth works just as LS430inDE has described hearing the ringing before the other person answers the call. I use my cell phone for dialing. I have the Vaistech unit installed to remove the "I agree" button and IPOD connection. System works the same as it did before the Vaistech installation.
Old 11-18-09, 08:00 AM
davatron88
Driver School Candidate

sparklesea- I have an Iphone 3gs and I experience the exact same thing as you do. The Best thing to do is start talking when your nav screen shows your connected. I didn't have this problem with my old LG phone. It actually worked as LS430inDE described. I would actually hear the phone dialing with my LG Phone.

With the Iphone it is silent until it connects the call.

I think we have to live with it.
Old 11-18-09, 10:45 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks.
This is why I prefer to dial through the car's phone system rather than through the cell-phone itself.
You hear the dial tone and when that person picks up.
Old 11-20-09, 04:52 AM
sparklesea
Driver School Candidate

No, I don't hear the phone ring, just the person who answered saying "hello" and they're usually saying it for the second or third time.
Yes, bluetooth connects seconds after starting car.
No hacks, no jailbreaks on the phone.
Old 11-20-09, 04:57 AM
sparklesea
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't tried to dial from the nav screen keypad yet but will attempt. I'm still pretty low down on the learning curve and don't want to have an accident. :-) I guess that's why we don't have the ability to dial on the keypad while the car is in motion?

DNC, I'm interested to learn about the override for the "I Agree" button. That is the only thing that annoys me about the car.
Old 07-19-10, 12:03 PM
ddimmitt
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth Delay

Thanks.
I, too, experience this same thing. I rode recently in a 2010 RX350 (I have the 07 ES350) and noticed 1) no delay in using the bluetooth for phone calls and 2) the RX350 allows the playing of music on my iPhone via the bluetooth. I wonder if it's possible to "upgrade" the system on the ES350.
Old 07-19-10, 12:11 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i normally have the delay while its ringing i don't hear anything and then it connects and the person says hellooooooo for the third time... well last week for the first time ever i called out on my phone (g1) like i always do and i heard the ringing through my speakers via the BT and then i heard them pick right up,, same everything so how was it different this time around? i like this method most because i have a good friend who doesn't have call waiting (i didn't know it was still an option, i though it came standard now but apparently not ) and occasionally when i call him i'd say like 20% of the time his phone is busy and i don't know this while its trying to connect,, the busy signal never comes through the speakers and after like a minute of trying to connect i will disable my BT connection and hear the busy signal coming through the phones speakers. i wish i could hear the ringing and or busy signal coming through the speakers so i could hang up if its not ringing....