LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Is this haterism or what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 02:46 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We shouldn't give this energy guys. WHY? People like/love what they do and dont like/love what they dont!!!! Negative reviews are ALL a matter of opinion, thats it, opinion. Regardless of us disagreeing people are entitled to there own opinion just like we are entitled to ours. Our opinion just so happens to be we like/love Lexus. No need to allow anyone who disagrees to cause us to be upset. As for me, I like Lexus because its reliable. Very few problems if services are done and regular wear and tear items are replaced! So let them who feel Jaguar,BMW,Mercedes,Audi etc. are better feel as they do.

I owned a couple Mercedes and they aren't reliable. They have several issues and thats documented. Cars at the end of the day perform a service. They drive us wear we need/want to go and the best cars arent about looks and price. The best cars are about being reliable! Take away name brands and all that stuff and give the cars to people who dont know name brands at all. See which cars they would rather own. Having myself and friends who have owned and own from Lexus to Maybach I can say that Lexus by far is the most reliable. If you want bang for your buck(nowadays this is vital via the economy) Lexus is for you but, if you want sports driven performance get the European makes. Its all about needs and wants and Lexus owners want/need reliability and bang for our buck and I'm proud of that. LET THEM HATE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 11-21-09 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-09, 02:49 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've owned all the luxury cars, Lexus is simply the best for the money. Buddists build better cars than anyone else !!!
Old 11-21-09, 05:48 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usermel
So let them who feel Jaguar,BMW,Mercedes,Audi etc. are better feel as they do.
Couldnt help but look at the reviews of 05 Jag XJ and it looks like those folks are happy with their Jaguars and give the car 9.5 rating. Can it be that Jaguar XJ is as reliable as LS?
Old 11-21-09, 07:59 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Not debating other car make lovers!!!

Originally Posted by xuserx04
Couldnt help but look at the reviews of 05 Jag XJ and it looks like those folks are happy with their Jaguars and give the car 9.5 rating. Can it be that Jaguar XJ is as reliable as LS?
Have no idea if the Jag is or isnt reliable buddy. Read what is said carefully. I dont want to debate with Benz lovers,Jag/BMW/Audi lovers. WHY? I see that we all just like what we like. I know of people who just dont like Lexus having never owned or driven in one nor owned one! Im sure all the car makes from Benz to Audi have examples of owners who havent had an issue with there cars. Im not wanting to argue if there cars are better than what we on clublexus like.

For the most part the owners here average 30-35 years of age. Please dont say"Im 25,19,28" guys/gals Im using averages here not exacts on ages and Im sure there are those over 35(Im over 35) as well. Were old enough to understand its about the eye of the beholder. I dont know if Lexus is the best, its just the best for me and some of our fellow members. I owned a Benz before, 2 to be exact. They were always having work done on both my Benzes and I got them new. The S class was in the shop 7 times and the ML 500 was in the shop 5 times! These were all before 6 months of ownership with both cars(total of a year)!

I went back to Lexus after leaving because of a dispute over pricing for a car my local dealer wouldnt give me a deal on(Thats why i got the 2 Mercedes in the first place)! I went to Maryland for a better price because it was more competitive market wise there then in my area(we have 2 Lexus dealers in Norfolk/Va Beach/Newport News,VA). I experienced only 2 problems with my LS and its 8 years old. Now, I have no info on Jag from experience at all. I hope they run well because I wish bad on nobody when it comes to consumers. Despite our differences were in the same club, the consumers club! We here just like our Lexus' because were fine with the reliabilty/drive/price we get from them!!! Peace. L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 11-22-09 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-22-09, 03:25 PM
lnguyenh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
What other V8 cars have you had?

FWIW, the '04+ transmission and programming feels very significantly more responsive, IME. That's the primary reason I switched my '03 for an '05.
I've sold two MBs V8 before (they were both faster than the LS430). Currently I have two MB V8, the SL500 and the CL55. No matter how many speeds LS has, it's not a comparision (in term of speed).

Until the new V10 coupe Lexus comes out, LS is not known for fast cars.
Old 11-22-09, 06:25 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What the...

Originally Posted by lnguyenh
I've sold two MBs V8 before (they were both faster than the LS430). Currently I have two MB V8, the SL500 and the CL55. No matter how many speeds LS has, it's not a comparision (in term of speed).

Until the new V10 coupe Lexus comes out, LS is not known for fast cars.
Come on dude, compare apples to apples man. You're comparing 5.0 and 5.5 liter V8's to the 4.3 liter 430. Of course it's be slightly faster, but how about fuel efficiency (not that a V8 driver is really look for efficiency). Hey, the Ferrari F40's turbo V8 although over 15 year old now, still beats all these cars, but let's compare the same things. Not a Hyundai V8 to a Corvette ZR1 V8.
Old 11-22-09, 06:38 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^valid point bro, nobody can ever dare to compare our V8 4.3L to the Ferrari 430 V8 4.3L...

I love Lexus knowing that it does not offer the best speed, agility, and roar that Euro cars have though we aspire (IS-F) its still not the same...but what we do have is unmatched reliability + comfort and for a daily driver I'm fine with that...
Old 11-22-09, 08:04 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
Honeygee2, thanks for the book recommendation! It's hard to find anything to read on the history of our cars, unlike the German cars. I guess this is due to our cars being twenty years old vs. the German cars being much older.
+1

I just ordered my copy (Leather bound cover) from Amazon for $10 + $3 shipping!!! It will be going on my coffee table also, after I read it. Thanks for the recommendation honeygee2.
Old 11-23-09, 05:11 AM
lnguyenh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Come on dude, compare apples to apples man. You're comparing 5.0 and 5.5 liter V8's to the 4.3 liter 430. Of course it's be slightly faster, but how about fuel efficiency (not that a V8 driver is really look for efficiency). Hey, the Ferrari F40's turbo V8 although over 15 year old now, still beats all these cars, but let's compare the same things. Not a Hyundai V8 to a Corvette ZR1 V8.
I just said the LS430 was the slowest V8 I've had (perhaps it was just my LS430). That wasn't really comparision until someone asked what V8 I've had. I was just expressing my opinions about the LS430.

Even the CLK430, E430 MB can beat LS430 easily (speed) ... but I am not gonna argue with you here since you sound like you are a bit bias toward Lexus.
Old 11-23-09, 06:42 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lnguyenh
I just said the LS430 was the slowest V8 I've had (perhaps it was just my LS430). That wasn't really comparision until someone asked what V8 I've had. I was just expressing my opinions about the LS430.

Even the CLK430, E430 MB can beat LS430 easily (speed) ... but I am not gonna argue with you here since you sound like you are a bit bias toward Lexus.
Or, you could be biased towards MB since the CLK430 and E430 are almost identical in speed to the LS430 yet you say they can beat the LS "easily." The MBs FEEL a bit more lively in less-than-WOT driving than the '01-'03, but actual measured performance is practically identical, with the LS edging the MBs out sometimes, and visa-versa, depending upon which test results you use. I had a CLK430 and I'd say it definitely felt faster than my '03 LS in routine driving, but not really much different than the '05 when the LS is switched to the more performance oriented "pwr" transmission program.