LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bluetooth phone connect for 430?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 09:19 PM
bqLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth phone connect for 430?

Hello-

Kinda new to this forum although I have been reading up and hawking this place for months before I bought my 430. I have an 02 ULTRA (I believe). Im wondering is there a phone / bluetooth hook-up on these cars? Thanks

Baker.
Old 12-08-09, 04:51 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Sorry BT feature did not come available until 04-06 refresh, you can try a Bluetooth Car Kit like the Motorola HF1000.

Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit IHF1000

Turn your vehicle into a mobile communications cockpit. Get behind the wheel, touch the big blue button on the IHF1000, and your car kit will follow your speech commands. Dial by name or number, mute and un-mute calls—even answer incoming calls with announced caller I.D.

Stay connected with your own crew, hands-free, just like the racing pros.

Stylish, backlit controller with chrome-brushed finish mounts within easy reach on the dashboard
Pair with up to 4 Bluetooth® enabled mobile phones
Intuitive user interface module
It's simple because it's voice operated—dial by name or number
Answer or reject incoming calls with announced incoming Caller I.D.
Mute and un-mute calls by speech command
Motorola's advanced noise reduction technology delivers crystal-clear conversations
Conversations can be routed through your audio system on most cars, or through a premium 5-watt speaker (included)
Size: 26mm (H), 150mm (L), 100mm (W)
Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile Support (HFP .096 and 1.0)
Professional installation required

Last edited by Tee; 12-08-09 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 04:59 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Link to radio...

Originally Posted by Tee
Sorry BT feature did not come available until 04-06 refresh, you can try a Bluetooth Car Kit like the Motorola HF1000.

Looks neat. Does this link BT to phone and then RF to the radio? If so, would seem like a pretty good alternative.
Old 12-08-09, 06:56 AM
Tee

It works via wirring harness thru the radio head unit.

Installation instructions.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/ihf1000z.pdf

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/ihf1000zvw.pdf

here are all parts included.

A review off Amazon.

I've had the Motorola IHF1000 now for almost a month and so far it's great. It's very easy to use, just a few simple buttons and the use of the voice commands and you're set. This product is also small so it fits great just about anywhere in your car.

Pros:
* Easy to use.
* Easy to hear others through the speakers in your car.
* Voice commands really works well.
* So far it appears that no one can tell that I'm using this device and those I have told say that they hear me well.
* For the most part this device really understands your voice commands. And the more you use it the better it goes.
* There is an option to turn off notifications like when it synchs with your phone, I'm just waiting until I get used to how long it takes to synch before I turn the notifications off. So far synch time varies from a few seconds to up to 20 seconds. But most of the time it's very fast.
* I really like the blue glow at night.

Cons:
* Sometimes when you do a number dial the system acts dyslexic. But once you learn that as you say the numbers you can simply say "no" to reject the last section of numbers.
* There are only 20 memory slots for numbers. When I first got this system I figured that was plenty but it turns out that Motorola really needs to add more slots. Sure there may be some numbers of people that you only call once in a while but it's nice to put them in there, especially because when they call you it will say their name and not the phone number they are dialing from.

And these are cons for any hands free kit you may want to consider:
* The volume is not controlled through the car radio, so you will have to use the buttons on the right to adjust the volume.
* If you have a factory installed navigation like mine then it will talk over your conversation if you are using both at the same time.
* If you are near your car and not in your car but your car is running then the Kit may be on and then if someone calls it will go through your car.
Old 12-08-09, 08:01 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow... that's a whole lot of crazy. I thought from your post, the whole thing was that interface held in place by 3M tape or something. I don't see many people opt'ing for this whole fancy setup. I'll get the make and part number, but a friend of mine has a stand-alone unit that uses regular AAA batteries. Connects via bluetooth and then you adjust the radio frequency to match. It's a bit of a chore to use it since you have to turn on radio and then get to station, but you can use presets.
Old 12-08-09, 08:11 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wow... that's a whole lot of crazy. I thought from your post, the whole thing was that interface held in place by 3M tape or something. I don't see many people opt'ing for this whole fancy setup. I'll get the make and part number, but a friend of mine has a stand-alone unit that uses regular AAA batteries. Connects via bluetooth and then you adjust the radio frequency to match. It's a bit of a chore to use it since you have to turn on radio and then get to station, but you can use presets.
Ok then here is another option.

Motorola T305 Bluetooth Speaker

A convenient multifunction button allows the user to activate speech commands including answering and ending calls with the push of a button. The Motorola T305 takes advantage of Bluetooth 2.0 wireless technology to guarantee a crisp and speedy connection to compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices. Enhanced audio and a lesser chance of a dropped call means less frustration in heavy traffic.

Providing up to approximately 14 hours of talk time or 14 days of standby time, the Motorola T305 helps provide support through a cross-country road trip or long weekend at home. The compact device also comes complete with useful accessories such as a mini USB vehicle power adaptor for easy charging.

Features
-Up to approximately 14 hours talk or 200 hours standby time from a single charge
-Easy to remove and use in another vehicle
-Echo and noise reduction technology minimizes background noise
-1-watt speaker delivers clear audio
-Effortless controls--press a button for power, another for calls, and 2 more for volume
-Version 2.0 Bluetooth wireless technology

The Motorola T305 clips to your sun visor and provides easy handsfree communication while driving.

Old 12-08-09, 09:23 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wow... that's a whole lot of crazy. I thought from your post, the whole thing was that interface held in place by 3M tape or something. I don't see many people opt'ing for this whole fancy setup.
The "fancy setup" Bluetooth kits are quite nice for their sound quality and especially because they automatically mute the car radio when a call is received or placed. Some can be set to automatically answer and hang up on an incoming call so you never have to move your hands from the steering wheel.

The Motorola IHF1000 was for a number of years sold as an official dealer installed option by Toyota and Lexus dealers in the UK and Europe. There are still install instructions for at least one Lexus model on http://www.lexus-tech.eu .

Another line of Bluetooth phone kits to consider is the Parrot MKi9x00 series. They provide RCA/iPod/USB inputs to the Lexus audio system and a wireless remote control. The more expensive models have an LCD display. Plug-and-play harnesses make installation relatively easy. Here is a thread where someone installed an MKi9100 into a 2002 SC430: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...for-02-sc.html
Old 12-08-09, 09:30 AM
Tee

If I had an 01-03 or the premium packageLS430, I would go with integrated system over the portable BT speaker. It is not that expensive and worth not having the BT ear peice but I do love gadgets!

Last edited by Tee; 12-08-09 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 09:33 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting options in an 04-06 with the premium package.
Old 12-08-09, 10:13 AM
Tee

Good point so I edited my post.
Old 12-08-09, 10:18 AM
bqLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm both of those devices are great solutions. I worry about fiddling with wiring but I'll give it some thought. I noticed on your avitar that your daytime running lights look HID(ish). That was the first thing I thought of when I bought my car, how did you do it? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 12-08-09, 11:16 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by bqLS430
Hmm both of those devices are great solutions. I worry about fiddling with wiring but I'll give it some thought. I noticed on your avitar that your daytime running lights look HID(ish). That was the first thing I thought of when I bought my car, how did you do it? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
My DRL's are LED's here is some info on them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4953681-post9.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...cs-inside.html