LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Allow me to vent.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 06:36 PM
Atl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevs98GS4
If this is the vehicle you really want, just keep working them. I just bought mine from them. Granted I'm in the used car business. I was also very dissapointed in the sales service. It took me several weeks to get them down to a realistic price. They did eventually come off $3500 from their asking price. (internet sales lady was really rude and asked to speak with someone else) When I came in to look at it the sales person did not know his stuff. He told me my 01 had the 6 speed trans. When he told me that, I politely told him that I knew more about the vehicle than he did and not to say anything else. When I went to pick up the car(left a $1000 deposit over the phone the day before) I told them I would be in a hurry and needed to have everything ready when I showed up the next day at X time. Salesman was late and it took over 2 hours when they were SLOW! I was pissed off when I left. I will not be doing business with this dealership ever again.
NALLEY LEXUS OF ROSWELL GA.?? I assume, if I am right. why am I not surprised....
Old 12-20-09, 08:48 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The stealership is not your friend. They are not going to give you a car you want for a narrow profit margin. They have big overheads, and they want their pockets to be filled with cash. CPO or not, its not worth that much of a difference in prices, especially with those damages on their car.

I'd live with your gray interior, or do a beige swap, for much cheaper lol.

Which is another reason why I avoid the stealership in the first place.
Old 12-21-09, 06:51 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey ATL, thats WISE!!! Theres a reasn you were turned away from that bad business doing dealership. Don't trade your BETTER ride for a worse one and especially for something as small as interior dear fellow member. I have ecru interior and Black Cherry exterior. I wanted black interior but, couldnt find it. Kept this car despite that for years and its been great.

At the end of day, there just cars. In todays economy with folks losing homes,cars,jobs and families due to the economy. Im just grateful I have a car. That said, dealerships and especially the employee's are desperate my friend. Another member said it best and I quote"The dealerships are not your friends" and we forget that. I as a business owner am not interested in being nice when I go buy cars,homes or anything were price is negotiated. They don't truly like you or customers. That said, when they don't give me what I want, I just leave and say"Have a nice day and God bless you but, Im not paying a penny more than I want to". They either follow me or, they let me go.

If they let you go, they were trying to screw you sir. If they come after you they were trying to screw you as well but, are willing to take the price down. If the price isn't were you want after price negotiating don't buy. Never settle because there is a deal out there you will feel good about. Keep looking for what YOU WANT sir. You have a great car so no need to rush. I been waiting on a LS460 for a year at the price and features I want. Im looking until I, not anyone but me is sure the price,colors etc. are what I want. At 36, I cant settle anymore.

The car I buy is one of the only things besides my home that cost wise is to important to settle on. Keep your ride till you find one that makes you feel good inside. L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 12-22-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-22-09, 02:44 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevs98GS4
When I went to pick up the car(left a $1000 deposit over the phone the day before) I told them I would be in a hurry and needed to have everything ready when I showed up the next day at X time. Salesman was late and it took over 2 hours when they were SLOW! I was pissed off when I left. I will not be doing business with this dealership ever again.
AGAIN, this is to be expected... who isn't in a rush to get in and out of a dealership. Everybody wants quick service! 2 Hours for entire process ain't bad at all!
Old 12-22-09, 06:58 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The best dealer purchase experience I had was with a local Pontiac Buick dealership, Waldecker. I was buying a new Chevy Avalanche using the GMS family discount from their Chevy store in the next town. My business schedule was very busy and I had to pick up the truck on a particular afternoon. My sales lady went into labor that afternoon and she didn't have a chance to get the truck from the other store. That evening, a porter brought the new truck to my house. While I reviewed the paperwork at the kitchen table (it was all correct), the porter swapped plates with my trade in. Ten minutes later, he drove my old truck away.

The opposite was when my son and I bought a new S-10 from a different Chevy dealer, Champion. They knew it was a GMS buy, I didn't want any extended warranty or extras, and my time was tight. Our salesman had the truck ready on time, but then he ushered me into the business managers office to get the sales pitch on extended warranty and other extras. Once I convinced them I still didn't want any of that, they started preparing the paperwork. Like kevs story, it took over two hours to get out of there.
Old 12-22-09, 08:15 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
AGAIN, this is to be expected... who isn't in a rush to get in and out of a dealership. Everybody wants quick service! 2 Hours for entire process ain't bad at all!
It should never take this long. I'm in the business and can get someone out the door in under 30 mins with out a doubt!

YES NALLEY LEXUS ROSWELL GA!
Old 12-22-09, 10:49 PM
thequickad
Rookie

Certified Pre-Own is just a marketing hype, Lexus doesn't really do anything other than warranty the car. This way they do a probability analysis and make their money. The statement of "meticulously inspected" is just a marketing slogan. Nothing was inspected nor was Lexus meticulous about it. Think logically, what's the point of "meticulously inspecting" the car if Lexus doesn't fix all the problems they found?

Next time, I would buy a brand new Genesis instead of a CPO Lexus.

Fool me once, shame on Lexus, fool me twice, not a chance.

Last edited by thequickad; 12-22-09 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-23-09, 06:52 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 85 Posts

The CPO wasn't hype in my case. The car was in near-new condition. When I checked the service records (after purchasing the car) I found that the dealer had even put new tires on the car.
Old 12-23-09, 07:18 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about all the other stuff other than tires? like pads and rotors, filters, fluids, belts, hell even new floor mats would be nice .
Old 12-23-09, 07:37 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

I bought my CPO with 14.6k miles. The dealer had completely detailed the car including clay bar, sealant and wax. It looked better than showroom. They had also performed the 15k full service even though it had a regular oil (6 month) at 14,000 miles before by the original owner. I could not find any wear except for the original mats that were super clean but obviously not new. I could not find even the smallest spec of dirt inside or out and believe me I have Cat Scan eyes when it comes to dirt and wear and tear. They replaced the first aid kit with a new sealed bag. It was the cleanest used LS I had seen and I had looked at at least 50-60 LS (supposedly creampuffs) in the previous 3 months. The second set of rubber mats were in the trunk and had just tiny slight wear but looked spotless like they had been steam cleaned. The two remotes were included, one brand new, one with just slight wear. The other weird CR card key was also included in the Lexus box with the manuals and CPO paperwork. It really was like buying a new car.

Up until this point I had always assumed that CPO programs were a flat out stone scam with little value add that was designed for suckers - now I'm not so sure especially for high dollar cars.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 12-23-09 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-24-09, 03:22 PM
thequickad
Rookie

In my case, I had a missing antenna, dirty seat belts, chip on the windshield, chip on the roof paint, tear on the driver side leather seat. Also not to forget that CPO is not a dealer certification, it's a factory certification. So whatever your dealer did to pretty up the car has nothing to do with the CPO.

I was surprised it passed the factory CPO inspection. Must have been done by a Lexus trainee.

Bottomline is this, your quality will vary. I had to go to Lexus to get my windshield replaced.

Don't trust it just because it said CPO. Do you own "meticulous" inspection.