LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New Proud Owner! (also a quick question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 05:47 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Proud Owner! (also a quick question)

Hello Guys,

I'm pretty new here. Just picked up a Black on Black CPO LS430 ML package with 45k. The car is in amazing condition. She is safe and sound in the garage, as NYC gets pounded with snow. I'm so excited! too bad I wont take her out until the weather gets better. My old car has been kicked out onto the street. (I almost feel guilty about leaving her out there- but she is now the beater and so is life).

The dealer will be mailing me my floor mats. in the meantime i put the floormats from my old car in the new one. Anyway, on the drivers side, I noticed that on the left side of the footwell, there is a spinning hook, which I assume attaches to the mat to keep it from shifting. On the right ride there is just a hole in the carpet. When I compared it to the passenger side, it appeared to be the same way, except on the right side there is a metal grommet, and not just a hole in the carpet. Is this easily pushed into the carpet? I would like to have them send me the grommet when the send me the mats. (the dealer is closed right now, so I figured if this is a part that can be replaced) At any rate they need to fix it b/c its a safety issue.

I LOVE THIS CAR! I look forward to a good time here!
Old 12-19-09, 06:03 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. You have one of the most popular color combos on the LS. What year did you get a we love to droul over pics on this forum so if you can post some of her. Sorry i don't have any good info on the floor mats but i'm sure these guys on here will get you straight.
Old 12-19-09, 06:53 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my mats don't seem to attach in any way to the holes in the floor (i know what you speak of) but i've never seen it actually work out right.

congrats... so what was the beater that is now sleeping out in the cold??
Old 12-19-09, 07:07 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Each front mat should have two of the plastic hooks holding it down. The hooks are cheap (I think Sewell Lexus lists them for $3 and change each). Since you are in NY (I lived in the Finger Lakes region for 6 yrs so I know what the winters are like), you might strongly consider all weather mats and keep the carpeted ones for the summer/fall.
Old 12-19-09, 09:18 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

congrats and welcome..
Old 12-19-09, 09:54 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Welcome to CL and CONGRATS!
Old 12-19-09, 11:11 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats and welcome to cl
Old 12-20-09, 04:18 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! Glad you found what you wanted. Pictures of clean, black cars look especially nice against snowy backgrounds. (hint, hint)
Old 12-20-09, 06:19 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the new ride...BTW the hooks will come in the bag with the new mats. If not then someone took them.
Old 12-20-09, 08:42 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by sojah
my mats don't seem to attach in any way to the holes in the floor (i know what you speak of) but i've never seen it actually work out right.

congrats... so what was the beater that is now sleeping out in the cold??
Thanks for your welcome guys
The beater is a 99 Maxima SE-L

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 12-20-09 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-20-09, 11:27 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by GHSER7
congrats on the new ride...BTW the hooks will come in the bag with the new mats. If not then someone took them.
Oh I see, so the hooks are not actually part of the car, they come with the mats. So on my car, on the left and right side of the car, one of the hooks was left, while the other hook were taken- go figure. I'm still missing the metal grommet that actually goes into the hole into the carpet itself to retain the hook. little things- no big deal. I just went out to shovel my poor maxima out. I actually spoke to it apologizing to it as she was once my garage queen.
Old 12-20-09, 02:26 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Welcome...a nice bubble bath, you and Maxima will be back in good term again. You soon forget about it as found new Lust4Lexus .
Old 12-21-09, 10:04 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
Each front mat should have two of the plastic hooks holding it down. The hooks are cheap (I think Sewell Lexus lists them for $3 and change each). Since you are in NY (I lived in the Finger Lakes region for 6 yrs so I know what the winters are like), you might strongly consider all weather mats and keep the carpeted ones for the summer/fall.
Where is the best place to get the lexus all weather mats?
Old 12-23-09, 05:23 PM
TubbyGs430
Driver

My big brother who has a gx470 ordered the weather tech floor mats but the ones he has are the molded hard plastic ones.
Old 12-23-09, 06:23 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what year is your LS?

Quick Reply: New Proud Owner! (also a quick question)