LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

want to run aftermarket amp. quick question for audio people

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 09:02 AM
wildace
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can u control the amount of bass through the stock radio also or just the ****?
Old 01-07-10, 10:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer01
I only dropped $600 for a JL 12" sub, box, JL amp, line-out converter and wiring. They removed the old sub to make a port for more sound and did a very clean job on the wiring. They even installed a bass power **** underneath the steering wheel to adjust the power of the sub. It is more than enough bass and even though I didn't dynamat, it doesn't rattle.
you got all this for 600$?? exactly 3 years ago from this month i purchased a jl12w6, a 500.1 jl amp, custom box (cheapo custom box), 2 gauge amp kit, remote bass **** in my ash tray compartment, hi-low bass pass through rf converter thing, removing the old sub, and install all for like $1250. i thought this was a solid deal so if you got all this new for 600 now i would like to know how and when and how can i get that kind of deal??

wildace: i can control mines both through the factory bass controls and the remote bass ****. i find for my best prefrences since my amp must be turned up a little bit more than i would like my factory settings for bass are like -2 or -3 depending on the music and my bass **** is usually at like 25% and gets turned up to like 50% depending on the music.
Old 01-07-10, 01:37 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe Cat
Thank you, I hope everything is going to work out.
I said that a "quote" was for $4500 in a different shop where I went just out of curiosity. My friend, who is a manager/owner of the sound shop will do everything. I pay only for parts and materials, not labor. He said it's around $1800 for what I've described above.
Old 01-07-10, 08:05 PM
wildace
Pole Position

man this thread is getting me pumped. cant wait for that 8" sub to get here!!!
Old 01-08-10, 06:40 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i forget but doesn't zenki mean late model, as in you have an earlier model retrofitted with the late model stuff, like you put the 04-06 rear and front tail lights on it, bumpers, and what not? or is it the other way around, kouki???
Old 01-08-10, 07:46 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wildace
can u control the amount of bass through the stock radio also or just the ****?
Both. I leave the radio set on the lowest bass setting and the **** in between a half and 3/4 of the way up. I puts out a lot of bass.
Old 01-08-10, 07:48 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
you got all this for 600$?? exactly 3 years ago from this month i purchased a jl12w6, a 500.1 jl amp, custom box (cheapo custom box), 2 gauge amp kit, remote bass **** in my ash tray compartment, hi-low bass pass through rf converter thing, removing the old sub, and install all for like $1250. i thought this was a solid deal so if you got all this new for 600 now i would like to know how and when and how can i get that kind of deal?
By no means do I have a top of the line sub or amp but they are mid-grade. (I don't remember the models.) The company here in Oklahoma has been around for many years and I have used them about 8 times. They do very clean work and are affordable. The local Kicker store was quoting me somewhere around $1200-1400.
Old 01-08-10, 09:28 AM
wildace
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
i forget but doesn't zenki mean late model, as in you have an earlier model retrofitted with the late model stuff, like you put the 04-06 rear and front tail lights on it, bumpers, and what not? or is it the other way around, kouki???
zenki means before the minor changes, kouki is after. if i do a kouki conversion on my car it would be with lets say a 04 and up front end.
Old 01-08-10, 09:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

ahh so i had it backwards,, as usual. i used to have a vip kouki y33 gloria out in jp. i still dream about that car my wife says i have issues, car related issues
Old 01-08-10, 10:02 AM
wildace
Pole Position

oh u were stationed out there? i would think it would be so hard to adjust to driving on the right side
Old 01-08-10, 11:54 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

we all thought it would too but i never had an issue going out, but my first time on leave back in nova after about 9 months of driving in japan (rhd) i was driving my brand new eclipse that i had left behind and was still making payments on (erggg) with some 18's on it that weren't cheap either and in 1 day i pulled up to close to a curb and rashed the front right, and about an hour later hit a big rock in the road (while thinking i would miss it cuz i clearly saw it in the road) and cracked/ mangled the very same wheel i had just curbed. i was so paranoid to drive after that but never had anything else happen. so in short it seemed harder for me to adjust back to lhd than to rhd, and when i went back there last jan and rented a car in jp after about 3 minutes of calm driving i quickly found myself driving down an alley that was about 3 inches wider than the car then it added a lane of oncoming traffic and the road only increased about 50" wide. i was a little freaked out, i'm not gonna lie for the first couple drives out there. you get used to it though. my wife on the other hand,,,, yeah

btw okinawa is a kick *** place and i can't wait to move back one day, but i'm no longer in the airforce (6 yrs was enough).
Old 01-08-10, 04:54 PM
wildace
Pole Position

wow awesome. i will one day visit japan and would like to spend about 3 weeks out there. mostly country side to relaax. dont need too much city, i got enough here lol
Old 01-09-10, 05:54 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah its funny to me how big the cities actually are out there. i know my stats aren't perfect but tokyo is like 5 times the size and density of NYC and osaka is like 2.5 times the size and density... and i don't mean like LA where its just more spread out , no they like to pack em in there. okinawa is the largest of their small chain of islands a few hours plane ride south of their main land and i highly recommend you start your search there for your japanese solidarity. they always have some sweet package deals flying out of osaka or tokyo which usually include like airfare for 2 and you can pick any number of nights stays but usually the x2 airfare plus say 5 nights roundtrip from osaka or tokyo to okinawa is around 800 for a very decent hotel. not bad but you gotta already be in mainland japan to take advantage of that. only problem is that roundtrip from NYC to tokyo or osaka will run you like $1300 each if ur lucky and go off season. but weekly apartment rentals back there in jp can be had for less than 500$ for 7 nights stay, a little small on the inside, but if ur just gonna sleep there its not bad. you should definitely check it out if you are the traveling site seeing type. coolest place i found in mainland jp so far was kyoto, which is very historic and beautiful.

when i was in the military i had the leave but not the scratch to take vacations like that. now i find that i have a little more $$ but not nearly as much of the vacation days. life is funny like that huh
Old 01-09-10, 09:54 PM
wildace
Pole Position

lol tell me about it. i dont think i'll be able to make that kind of trip in a while myself.
Old 01-09-10, 10:14 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

$4500 for a system, I would like to know what type of components are used. For $1500, I can have a DVD player with GPS, Bluetooth, Iphone, Ipod integrated, all four speakers replaced, one or two subs and one good 5 channel amp or 2 amps.

Quick Reply: want to run aftermarket amp. quick question for audio people