LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Treated my baby to new rotors & pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 01:24 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Treated my baby to new rotors & pads

Well, this morning I went and did my rotors - finally. Snapped some pix while it was done:

Old 01-23-10, 01:57 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looks real good

Originally Posted by yuri.ber
Well, this morning I went and did my rotors - finally. Snapped some pix while it was done:

looking real nice i like a lot.. whats the name of ur rotors and pads i read a couple of trends saying drill slots are know good i been on Ebay ready to buy but after reading forums i pulled back please hit me BacK or PM me a site or something want to change mynes out!!
Old 01-23-10, 02:02 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

r1concept rotors are pretty good.
Old 01-23-10, 03:37 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

looking real nice i like a lot.. whats the name of ur rotors and pads i read a couple of trends saying drill slots are know good i been on Ebay ready to buy but after reading forums i pulled back please hit me BacK or PM me a site or something want to change mynes out!!
Actually I got it off ebay, ah, there it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...Q5fAccessories
I need to brake 'em in to actually feel how it really differs. But I already felt it gripping much better than it was. I'll take more pics of the car tomorrow after a wash.
Old 01-23-10, 04:24 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You should of had your calipers painted when they were change out your rotors since your style of wheels really shows them off.
Old 01-23-10, 07:02 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Senior Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Those wheels look familiar
Old 02-11-10, 09:15 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Brakes and rotor look good just wonder how is the breaking treating you. is it the same as the first day.. was told to watch out for break problem with aftermarket rotors and pads
Old 02-12-10, 05:53 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

As with any ceramic pads, they need to be wormed up to get full brake power. As they worm up the performance is incredible. Also, the rotors do NOT rust hense rain snow and salt on the roads.
Old 02-12-10, 06:18 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had bad experiences with 2 sets of those same rotors on my front on my previous gs400. don't get me wrong the braking power was a huge improvement but i guess my 20" 70 lbs chrome wheels were to heavy and ended up warping the first set and then i replaced them only to have the second set warped as well. the third time i just put some blank oem(ish) brembo vented ones for half the price and never had any problems again. my back ones were fine all the while cuz i guess not so much braking force gets applied to them. i hope your front wheels are not huge and heavy and your front rotors last you a lot longer than mines did (which was like a month or two before the warping was so bad i couldn't take it anymore).

they look real nice though.
Old 02-12-10, 06:37 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
i had bad experiences with 2 sets of those same rotors on my front on my previous gs400. don't get me wrong the braking power was a huge improvement but i guess my 20" 70 lbs chrome wheels were to heavy and ended up warping the first set and then i replaced them only to have the second set warped as well. the third time i just put some blank oem(ish) brembo vented ones for half the price and never had any problems again. my back ones were fine all the while cuz i guess not so much braking force gets applied to them. i hope your front wheels are not huge and heavy and your front rotors last you a lot longer than mines did (which was like a month or two before the warping was so bad i couldn't take it anymore).

Sojah just wondering which Set of rotors did u have was it the drille and slotted rotors or the same ones on the above page
Old 02-12-10, 08:09 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default directional rotors

This may sound dumb, but it does matter which side those rotors are mounted on, right? With those rotors, I'd presume the 1st and 3rd rotor (pictured in the trunk) mounts on the passenger side, and the 2nd and 4th on the drivers side of the vehicle?
Old 02-12-10, 08:19 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Thanks, they do look nice.

This may sound dumb, but it does matter which side those rotors are mounted on, right? With those rotors, I'd presume the 1st and 3rd rotor (pictured in the trunk) mounts on the passenger side, and the 2nd and 4th on the drivers side of the vehicle?
That is 100% correct.
Old 02-13-10, 07:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i had the slotted and cross-drilled ones, maybe thats why, they were really light but maybe thats why they got wrapped so easily. now that i look at those they seem like they would be a little stronger.
Old 02-13-10, 07:50 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Really like the L-Tuned wheels. The rotors are nice. I have the same ones on my SC430. Definitely better stopping power than the OEM. Congrats!
Old 02-13-10, 09:52 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

i had the slotted and cross-drilled ones, maybe thats why, they were really light but maybe thats why they got wrapped so easily. now that i look at those they seem like they would be a little stronger.
When I did my research I learned that slotted rotors on regular city cars are not necessary, they are used in racing. So I decided to with just cross drilled. Also I had cross drilled and slotted rotors on my previous Buick Park Avenue Ultra and they got wrapped in 6 months.
These rotors on LS are very heavy, maybe a little heavier than stock.

playa3uhh Really like the L-Tuned wheels. The rotors are nice. I have the same ones on my SC430. Definitely better stopping power than the OEM. Congrats!
Thank you for the kind words. I've never seen L-Tuned rims on LS, just mine
Now it's triple silver: car, rims and rotors.

Quick Reply: Treated my baby to new rotors & pads