LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Best Lookin Wheels on LS430's

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 02:33 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i look forward to seeing these pics then.. also i would like to see this car in real life cuz this dude on the 3gs side just put some very similar wheels on his new gs they are 22's and i think they are 10.5 or 11 and same setup with the lip all the way through like that.. the pics made it look a little whack but in real life it was crazy cool looking. we parked next to each other at this car meet and his 22's made my 19's look like something from a low rider mag...

you go to any meets? you near nyc or what? i will have to make it up to a meet sometime if you will have these wheels on it or if you ever decide to make it down to the DC area let me know.
Old 01-25-10, 04:30 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Here's a preview of my 2010 rims

My 2004 LS430 has
front 9x22, rear 11x22, the world first Lexus with 11'' chrome lip.
That's a nice wheel on the shelf. On the street the back half of that nice chrome lips is going to be black with brake dust etc... Bad idea IMHO.
Old 01-26-10, 01:47 AM
GRAVITY34
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LRoy430ul
Wed Maverick 107d

This is how it looks mavericks WEDS-------------->

Old 01-26-10, 10:39 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnitz
That's a nice wheel on the shelf. On the street the back half of that nice chrome lips is going to be black with brake dust etc... Bad idea IMHO.
This is absolutely not the case. I choosed it as it is easy to keep clean. Additional, I protected with PTFE known as Teflon. There is no chance for dust, and if so, I polish it every evening with the finest tools available. Just for fun, just like tooths, whitetooths No need to share my humor...but these wheels means it is over that I break my fingers to reach the back half.

Photos and video at youtube will be online soon, stay tuned. Matter of taste but this lip is trendy. Technical challenging as the balance is invisible. Hopefully Hipnotics designs new sets every year. I would appreciate if you guys would ask the manufacturer to continue what they've began at SEMA 2007, see http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/01/s...-of-a-fat-lip/
Old 01-26-10, 02:58 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
well i look forward to seeing these pics then.. also i would like to see this car in real life cuz this dude on the 3gs side just put some very similar wheels on his new gs they are 22's and i think they are 10.5 or 11 and same setup with the lip all the way through like that.. the pics made it look a little whack but in real life it was crazy cool looking. we parked next to each other at this car meet and his 22's made my 19's look like something from a low rider mag...

you go to any meets? you near nyc or what? i will have to make it up to a meet sometime if you will have these wheels on it or if you ever decide to make it down to the DC area let me know.
I watch the thermometer every day and cannot wait to switch from winter to summer wheels. 22's are really cool, also on a GS. It is nothing for a grandpa. Don't do it before you test it. I think it ruins the comfort if your Lexus has no airsus. Only 30 or 25 series tires are possible and you need to drive around the potholes or slow. Distance to sidewalks are essential for an acceptable wheel lifespan. I post the photos a.s.a.p. and will come back also to your invitation. Thanks.
Old 01-26-10, 05:09 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
This is absolutely not the case. I choosed it as it is easy to keep clean. Additional, I protected with PTFE known as Teflon. There is no chance for dust, and if so, I polish it every evening with the finest tools available. Just for fun, just like tooths, whitetooths No need to share my humor...but these wheels means it is over that I break my fingers to reach the back half.

Photos and video at youtube will be online soon, stay tuned. Matter of taste but this lip is trendy. Technical challenging as the balance is invisible. Hopefully Hipnotics designs new sets every year. I would appreciate if you guys would ask the manufacturer to continue what they've began at SEMA 2007, see http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/01/s...-of-a-fat-lip/
That's cool if you have that kind of time and patience. 98% of the rest of us would never do that sort of daily clean-up.
Regarding the Teflon, no matter what you put on there heat and brake dust attract like no other so you WILL be cleaning them daily.
They will look nice no doubt.
Old 01-26-10, 06:23 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like those Maverick style rims for the LS430...and they would look sweeeeet on an SC430 too...