LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

whats your next car after the 430?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10 | 10:40 AM
tcjeffri
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusManny
Probably the LS480 when it comes out in a couple of years. I'm barely trying to get into a 2004 LS430 UL, so I can wait.
Land Cruiser and LS is a WONDERFUL combo. I have a '94 FZJ with diff locks. I must admit, once you get used to driving the LS, you will find yourself using the cruiser less and less... I LOVE my cruiser, but I still have to force myself to drive it at times lol
Old 02-01-10 | 11:01 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
I doubt they will not be the leaders. They may not have been that good in starting "new" technology, but they've been pretty good with "perfecting" or atleast marketing their products to the general public.
Currently Toyota is the leader of gas electric hybrid by far, the Prius is the leader of the economy side, HS250h/GS450h/LS600hL is the leader on the luxury side.

Unless Toyota goes straight down the toilet from now on, which I don't see it happening. I don't see how it won't stay as the leader.
Old 02-01-10 | 07:59 PM
LS430_Mike
Driver School Candidate

I'm going German again. I love my 430 but just like the commercial says, "the joy of driving a BMW".

I will be going to a big body BMW again. My Lexus floats and is reliable but really lacks the character and performance of the BMW. I miss my 7 series. It had additude.
Old 02-01-10 | 08:18 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

LS430 Mike, thats the only downside to the LS isn't it buddy. The LS is performance away from keeping buyer and exterior looks as well. I will admit I like the look of Benz,BMW,Jaguar,Audi better than my Lexus exterior. Also, the 1 thing I miss in my Benz was the performance. When I cornered it was like the tires were glued to the ground and just felt connected to the driver. BMW is the same way, a great performance car!!

I am with Lexus because they have great interiors and are more reliable than the Euro makes. I am debating as I said earlier if I should go back to Benz but, I ask myself is the trade of with reliability compared to performance and trips to the dealer worth it. Especially when you think about the fact the S-Class is a higher cost car when it comes to repairs! The BMW is very high cost as well when it comes to repairs as well.

Thats why I havent made a move as of yet! Oh well!!!! L.G.N.M
Old 02-02-10 | 09:28 AM
DDLexus
Racer

going German is a risky move IMO. I've owned a BMW 5-series years ago and will NEVER buy BMW again. I spent on average $200/mo on repairs over the course of my 1.5 yr ownership. I finally traded it in on a new Acura TL. That car was even less exciting than the LS. The BMW had everything from electrical gremlins, to A/C failure, to engine compression problems... I essentially was making 2 payment, one on the car and one on the repairs.

Why not get a sports car if you want something sporty and rewarding to drive? I'd like to own an Audi S5 w/ a V8. However, with depreciation and historical reliability, I'm sure this will not ever happen. I'll stay with the Lexus LS line and add a sporty coupe to the garage when I get a craving to terrorize the roads. Maybe an S2000 or 370z.
Old 02-02-10 | 09:57 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

For me, I would go away from Lexus only if I was leasing. No way I am going to invest in a German make buying, especially pre-owned. With the Lexus, yes it's boaty, but atleast I have the option to keep it long term if I wanted to. With other makes, once your time is up... it's up.
Old 02-03-10 | 07:03 PM
airahcaz
Instructor

Originally Posted by usermel
LS430 Mike, thats the only downside to the LS isn't it buddy. The LS is performance away from keeping buyer and exterior looks as well. I will admit I like the look of Benz,BMW,Jaguar,Audi better than my Lexus exterior. Also, the 1 thing I miss in my Benz was the performance. When I cornered it was like the tires were glued to the ground and just felt connected to the driver. BMW is the same way, a great performance car!!

I am with Lexus because they have great interiors and are more reliable than the Euro makes. I am debating as I said earlier if I should go back to Benz but, I ask myself is the trade of with reliability compared to performance and trips to the dealer worth it. Especially when you think about the fact the S-Class is a higher cost car when it comes to repairs! The BMW is very high cost as well when it comes to repairs as well.

Thats why I havent made a move as of yet! Oh well!!!! L.G.N.M
Read my thread on LS430 to S Class back to (wanting) LS430. S Class is a $ eating machine, and personally not worth it at all. It does look good, but the inside electronics are garbaj and break all the time.

Until there is a manufacturer with years (maybe decades) of reliability, pricing, maintenance costs, and performance combination, in the luxury category, I'm married to Lexus.
Old 02-03-10 | 08:29 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

My next car that will replace my LS... Hmmm... 2010 LS460L sport.... I love the seats and the tranny... I drove one last week and decided this will be the utlimate LS to own in three years!!
Old 02-03-10 | 09:09 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

already bought my next car from 2001 LS430 to 2005 Maserati Quattroporte. I still have the lex ;-)
Old 02-04-10 | 06:58 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by racinstyle
already bought my next car from 2001 LS430 to 2005 Maserati Quattroporte. I still have the lex ;-)
You know the rules - pics required.
Old 02-04-10 | 08:21 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tcjeffri
Land Cruiser and LS is a WONDERFUL combo. I have a '94 FZJ with diff locks. I must admit, once you get used to driving the LS, you will find yourself using the cruiser less and less... I LOVE my cruiser, but I still have to force myself to drive it at times lol
My favorite Lexus truck to date is the GX470. (I haven't driven the new LX570 or GX460, but plan to soon just to see what they're like.) I've test-driven the LX470 a few times because my wife and I like the interior trim level (significantly higher than the GX) and the extra space, but they are extremely top-heavy and clumsy-feeling compared to the GX. Just turning at an intersection I feel like I'm riding a flag pole in a windstorm. LOL And the extra ~900 pounds on the LX with the same powertrain is very noticeable as well. By comparison, the GX feels zippy. I would put the GX470 and the LS430 pretty much equal in my view in terms of which I'd rather drive. They are certainly different one from the other, but I like driving both a lot, and it depends upon what I'm doing. Around town, I'd just as soon have the GX. Out on the road, I'd probably go with the LS, but nothing against the GX for that purpose either. I've also driven the MB ML500, GL450 (surprisingly disappointing) and G500, BMW X5 4.8i or whatever their performance version was -- pretty impressive), Infinity FX45 and 35, and QX56, Porsche Cayenne S, Tahoe, Explorer, and others, and all things considered, I still prefer the GX.
Old 02-04-10 | 10:39 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caddyowner
You know the rules - pics required.

Old 02-04-10 | 11:10 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Thank you. Awesome car.
Old 02-04-10 | 01:23 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

I guess im the only non-baller here.luxury doesn't really matter to me.so the car im planning to get after/if I sell my LS is either a '71-'74 Toyota Corolla coupe or a '79-'83 Toyota Corolla 4 door.
Old 02-06-10 | 08:26 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by racinstyle
So you did get this car. I remember i was on the maserati forum one day and you were asking about this beast and if they had any nice bodykit for it.

Quick Reply: whats your next car after the 430?