LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone has a good "Paintless Dent repair shop" in NYC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-10, 01:58 PM
piggieback
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
No, paintless dent removal does not require the drilling of anything. The process is that the panel is heated, and then the metal is massage from the inside of the panel back to it's original shape, without damaging the paint. Thus the "paintless" in paintless dent removal.

If this person is going to drill holes and not remove the panel, I don't see any way he/she is even going to be able to massage anything back to anythi neven remotely smooth.

For your particular dent, you might have to bite the bullet and get it pulled out conventional way, then puddied and painted. I don't think paintless is going to work for you, and especially not at $200.
Why not just buy a new fender and have it painted, save the cost of the repair.
Old 02-07-10, 03:49 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Money...

Originally Posted by piggieback
ha ha... sure, if you want to do it the easy way...

I'm sure a new fender even in used market will be in excess of $400, then painted for another $x. So, why not just pull it out, fix it for less than a new piece and get it same painted for $x ?

I think the traditional repair might be the only cost effective choice here.
Old 02-08-10, 10:05 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by piggieback

Painting a panel is going to be expensive obviously ......and the paint will never be the same...... So I will not do that
Old 02-08-10, 07:15 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vpanin
Painting a panel is going to be expensive obviously ......and the paint will never be the same...... So I will not do that
You may not have a choice but to do something that will require painting. Put it this way, I don't believe that Paintless procedure will be able to get that area back to original smooth.

So, will you be satisfied with the same panel, same paint, but uneven area that you'll see either at certain angles or all angles? If that would bother you, then you'll have to find a VERY GOOD shop to match the color up right, paint it right, and then bake it properly.

If that dent were straight forward, middle of door, I'd say paintless could easily get it out and in probably like-new condition. At an edge or corner, not so good option.

damn, still sad looking at that damage. Still don't know how it happened?
Old 02-08-10, 10:35 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
You may not have a choice but to do something that will require painting. Put it this way, I don't believe that Paintless procedure will be able to get that area back to original smooth.

So, will you be satisfied with the same panel, same paint, but uneven area that you'll see either at certain angles or all angles? If that would bother you, then you'll have to find a VERY GOOD shop to match the color up right, paint it right, and then bake it properly.

If that dent were straight forward, middle of door, I'd say paintless could easily get it out and in probably like-new condition. At an edge or corner, not so good option.

damn, still sad looking at that damage. Still don't know how it happened?

I dont even care about how it happened. New york is full of careless ***holes!! And I think Ill b ok with a little blemish of paintless repair. No one could ever match stock paint perfectly........specially silver (And it being Lexus paint doesnt make things easier).......it always comes out a little darker than needed. I will stay away from paint as long as i can
Old 02-09-10, 07:14 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I wouldn't worry about not getting a good paint match. I had the lower front bumper replaced a few month ago after getting a golf ball size dent in it. The new bumper comes unpainted and my shop did a perfect match to my 04 silver UL.

A really good body shop should be able to match paint. I couldn't be happier with my results.
Old 02-09-10, 11:00 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I wouldn't worry about not getting a good paint match. I had the lower front bumper replaced a few month ago after getting a golf ball size dent in it. The new bumper comes unpainted and my shop did a perfect match to my 04 silver UL.

A really good body shop should be able to match paint. I couldn't be happier with my results.

Its not a bit darker than needed? Specially at night?
Old 02-13-10, 11:28 AM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL if you can get that fixed for $250 thats a steal..... (i.e. I see potential body work.. and Lexus Silver Never Matches!)