LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone has a good "Paintless Dent repair shop" in NYC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 10:52 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone has a good "Paintless Dent repair shop" in NYC??

God a nasty dent at a parking lot.........really hurt my feelings
Attached Thumbnails Anyone has a good "Paintless Dent repair shop"  in NYC??-0127001450.jpg  

Last edited by Vpanin; 02-06-10 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-06-10, 11:13 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry, man. It feels worse if you did it yourself.

Ouch! Now that I see the pic, I don't know if the paintless process can remove that crease.

Last edited by caddyowner; 02-06-10 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-06-10, 11:31 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Got it quoted for 250$ at a very popular spot in NY "Dent Doctor" in Whitestone, queens. You guys think its worth a try??
Old 02-06-10, 11:37 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

I have heard estimates if $100 per panel. Can't tell if that's in the the front fender only or in the hood also. NY prices I guess - do you have a choice? Fist I tell them I'll give them the business for $200 - see if they take it. But in the end I guess I'd pay 250 but only if they could get it totally out. Hopefully you are getting some reimbursement for garage or from insurance - should be covered under comprehensive - it should not affect your insurance standing either.
Old 02-06-10, 12:01 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Got to ask, how did you get dents there
Old 02-06-10, 12:09 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by airtime
Got to ask, how did you get dents there

Ive been curious about that also.....If i knew who did it....they would be in the trunk of my 430 with a dent on their forehead which would be hard to remove by the dent doctor
Old 02-06-10, 12:19 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vpanin
Ive been curious about that also.....If i knew who did it....they would be in the trunk of my 430 with a dent on their forehead which would be hard to remove by the dent doctor
LOL

I have two or three of those too. Was quoted $70 or something around there for each, just never got around to do it so cant vouch for those guys but $250 is a little too much.

Is it just one dent?
Old 02-06-10, 02:12 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in statenisland there's a place called the polishing pad that does it & they're great...i've done is several times on various cars.
Old 02-06-10, 02:31 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xuserx04
LOL

I have two or three of those too. Was quoted $70 or something around there for each, just never got around to do it so cant vouch for those guys but $250 is a little too much.

Is it just one dent?

two dents ...one bigger then the other and the big one is on the crease of the fender which is gonna be a challenge to fix. Yeah 250 is steep but this type of stuff is all the guy does and has been doing for years so i hope he knows what hes doing .........Where was this place that you went to
Old 02-06-10, 03:06 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

two dents ...one bigger then the other and the big one is on the crease of the fender which is gonna be a challenge to fix. Yeah 250 is steep but this type of stuff is all the guy does and has been doing for years so i hope he knows what hes doing .........Where was this place that you went to
Yeah for something like that you really gotta find someone who knows his ****. These guys are in NJ somewhere. Ima show your pic to my boy Roman, maybe he can pass it on to them, see what they say this would cost.

Last edited by xuserx04; 02-06-10 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-06-10, 03:09 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Or you could jump on the belt and check out that place in SI Tommy is talking about
Old 02-06-10, 03:54 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

I might just stick with this guy here ..............Get him down to 200 and get it done
Old 02-06-10, 06:16 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did he say he can definitely do it for $200? That seems low IMHO. I got quotes for removing a dent on my Accord a while back, and it was one single dent, right on middle of door, and it was $200 already. That would not require removing the door, just removing the inside panel and massaging the dent out.

This is right on the leading edge and that panel has to be removed and reinstalled. Sound more than a $200 job to me. Also, when dents/dings are on the edge like that, it makes it very very hard to smooth out properly, especially since it goes around a curve too, very tough to get that right edge back. I think no matter what, you're gonna have some funky rippling at certain angles and you probably won't like it.

Stinks...
Old 02-07-10, 12:15 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Did he say he can definitely do it for $200? That seems low IMHO. I got quotes for removing a dent on my Accord a while back, and it was one single dent, right on middle of door, and it was $200 already. That would not require removing the door, just removing the inside panel and massaging the dent out.

This is right on the leading edge and that panel has to be removed and reinstalled. Sound more than a $200 job to me. Also, when dents/dings are on the edge like that, it makes it very very hard to smooth out properly, especially since it goes around a curve too, very tough to get that right edge back. I think no matter what, you're gonna have some funky rippling at certain angles and you probably won't like it.

Stinks...

hes going to make a hole on the inner side of the fender, on the top. Then hes gonna get his tool in the hole and work it ............that sounded so wrong
Old 02-07-10, 01:53 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Paintless Dent Removal

hes going to make a hole on the inner side of the fender, on the top. Then hes gonna get his tool in the hole and work it ............that sounded so wrong
No, paintless dent removal does not require the drilling of anything. The process is that the panel is heated, and then the metal is massage from the inside of the panel back to it's original shape, without damaging the paint. Thus the "paintless" in paintless dent removal.

If this person is going to drill holes and not remove the panel, I don't see any way he/she is even going to be able to massage anything back to anythi neven remotely smooth.

For your particular dent, you might have to bite the bullet and get it pulled out conventional way, then puddied and painted. I don't think paintless is going to work for you, and especially not at $200.

Quick Reply: Anyone has a good "Paintless Dent repair shop" in NYC??