LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

BMW nightmares = switch to Lexus? Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 05:06 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love my Kate Beckinsale analogies... the Lexus "design" is Kate, and every hot German car is Scarlett Johannsen. Yes, Scarlett is younger, newer, hotter, has all the right dangerous curves in design, but damn it if Kate ain't prettier, just as sexy, super hot in leather, and just as arousing accent. Kate may be older, but she's proven goods and can take the load.

This is my analogy for the LS430... it may not be the newest, but it's sure reliable and pretty...
Old 02-16-10, 05:39 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by airtime
So Tee, how the 3-series running now
LOL! I made an executive decision, let them both go, regrouped and got a fiscal responsible girl (Wifey now) with a reliable ride. All in all I say it was a come up.

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Luxury means never having to look over your shoulder for the tow truck.
If I had room, left in my sig, it would be my quote sir!
Old 02-16-10, 06:15 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree I6turbo. Benz has looks and performance while Lexus has kept me due to being the most reliable of the furious 4 plus 1(Benz,BMW,Audi,Jaguar)! I dont need another Lexus and as time goes on Im leaning towrd staying in my Ls430 until I NEED A NEW CAR! Put those words in caps to strees why I havent upgraded. Cost is a non issue I have the cash saved for the new car but, its like getting a haircut when you just got it cut yesterday, makes little sense.

To the potentil buyer Im sure as he/she reads this they can see all the presonal and fact related reasons why Lexus is the best choice. Theses cars if maintained well will give you back what you gave them in care in years of reliabilty. To the potential buyer I'll say this. Theres no wrong decision just a delay in figuring out what the right decision is. I owned a couple Benzes after 1st owning Lexus' and went back. My point is my choice to leave Lexus wasnt a bad decision. It was just a delay in making the correct decision. I finally did. 1st car I kept for more than 2 years. L.G.N.M
Old 02-16-10, 06:35 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't see myself with two LS, but I do see myself with perhaps a GX (if we don't get a MDX in next few months)470 or 460. Depending on time of need.
Old 02-16-10, 06:53 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man the headlight design change of the LS430 is crazy! Wish they had started the 2001 models with that look! When I got my car the 2004 wasnt out yet so I didnt have the option! Can get it now but, my car runs great and no need for me to rush and buy anything now!! L.G.N.M
Old 02-16-10, 07:28 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by usermel
Man the headlight design change of the LS430 is crazy! Wish they had started the 2001 models with that look! When I got my car the 2004 wasnt out yet so I didnt have the option! Can get it now but, my car runs great and no need for me to rush and buy anything now!! L.G.N.M
I felt the same way about the headlight change.

The refresh really demanded my intention of the LS430, that left me wishing and saying one of these days.
Old 02-17-10, 06:03 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
I do see myself with perhaps a GX (if we don't get a MDX in next few months)470 or 460. Depending on time of need.
I LOVE our GX470, and I was an SUV-hater prior to getting it. I've owned all manner of trucks from 10-wheelers down to heavy duty 4WD pickups that I used to work and pull trailers, and one older Bronco. But I NEVER wanted an SUV for anything that a Sedan could do. Then I drove the GX and really liked it. We have had it for about 5 years and hope to get another one someday if this one ever wears out. The good thing about the GX is that there were no meaningful changes from '03-'09, so there's not really any reason to spend more for a later model, and you can pick them up for a relative bargain.

My brother in law has a near-new MDX. It's nice, but it doesn't feel rugged and extreme quality like the GX. The GX470 just has a great feel on the road, which makes me prefer it to the LX470.

Edit: Other SUV/CUVs that I've driven, but still prefer the GX:
MB ML, GL, G (might prefer the G if I trusted their reliability at all)
BMW X5 4.8i, X5 3.0
Porsche Cayenne S
Infinity QX56 - feels like a domestic -- kinda sloppy, seemed to age in dog years
Infinity FX35, FX45 (45 is a very appealing CUV on the road -- similar to the Porsche but I prefer it to the Porsche)
Lexus LX, RX, Highlander
Pretty much all the domestics (which do not appeal to me -- they are the embodiment of what I didn't like about SUV's)

I look forward to test driving the new GX460. I'm not loving what I see, but I'll reserve judgment until I drive one.

Last edited by I6turbo; 02-17-10 at 06:37 AM.