LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Occasional starting issues....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-10, 04:55 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Unfortunately, probably not. I've been to Vegas and to TX several times, but not in the last 3 years or so. Every year I have intentions to go, but something knocks me out, especially now that I have two kids. It's a GREAT meet though. I seriously doubt that there's a better performance car enthusiast meet anywhere in terms of quality of the events and performance of the cars. Have you been?
Every year since 06..... Love the entire Texas experience!! The roads, warm weather.... Combined with supras... Vettes.... Vipers... Etc etc!! This year is turning out to be better than expected!! Lots lots of big players are showing up.... I just hope it doesn't rain!!!
Old 03-05-10, 04:59 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fencera
Hey- I can't get to the invoice and the online service records don't give any details... from what I remember it was the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump that were replaced. The key thing is to have someone check and see if you're getting a drop in fuel pressure when the car sits (or something like this... I don't know the 'technical' terms). The first try to start the car would boost the pressure in the system and then it would start on the second. I actually noticed the problem early because the car would spend longer and longer cranking before it started (ie a few seconds long). Then the problem got worse and the car took two tries to start.

That said, if your car isn't cranking... I don't think this is your problem.

Good luck.
my car cranks n starts but when the engine tries to find the idle the car dies!! If I try n hold the car from cranking n have the car turned the car starts without any issues!! It's not a battery problem....
Old 03-05-10, 05:48 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
Every year since 06..... Love the entire Texas experience!! The roads, warm weather.... Combined with supras... Vettes.... Vipers... Etc etc!! This year is turning out to be better than expected!! Lots lots of big players are showing up.... I just hope it doesn't rain!!!
LOL I guess it would be a good place to retreat from the NY weather this year! As far as I know there's never been any significant rain during the weekend going all the way back to 2000. I guess it's overdue. It'd be such as waste if there was persistent rain.

I'd also like to attend the TX mile race. I've had intentions of attending the last 2 of those, but haven't made it.
Old 03-08-10, 01:15 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
LOL I guess it would be a good place to retreat from the NY weather this year! As far as I know there's never been any significant rain during the weekend going all the way back to 2000. I guess it's overdue. It'd be such as waste if there was persistent rain.

I'd also like to attend the TX mile race. I've had intentions of attending the last 2 of those, but haven't made it.
My roommate and I are going to try to go to one of those meets, just not sure which one yet.
Old 03-08-10, 04:15 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
My roommate and I are going to try to go to one of those meets, just not sure which one yet.
Which ones are you chosing between? If between Vegas and TX 2010 Supra meets, then without any doubt you should go to TX. Not even close. If you're talking about between TX Mile and something else, then that's a matter of what kind of races/performance demonstrations you'd rather see. TX2010 is weekend after next. I'm contemplating going, but haven't decided.
Old 03-09-10, 04:08 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TX2010 and the Texas Mile are the two we were trying to decide between.
Old 03-10-10, 05:48 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
TX2010 and the Texas Mile are the two we were trying to decide between.
Yes, I would like to attend the TX mile too.