LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2003 LS430 unintended acceleration case

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 12:57 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
hmmm look at that...Feb 2010, March 2010...dates AFTER the whole Toyota recall was made public..

stupid *** gold diggers.
Originally Posted by slvrboolet
prob just trying to cash in on it..also your stupid and shouldnt be driving if you cant think to put the car in N...My gas pedal got stuck in my IS300 once but it was due to the floor mat being to high it took me all of maybe 2sec to put the car in N then the pedal popped back out and i went on about my way..
Originally Posted by Tee
It was only a matter of time before the moronic gold diggers start coming out the wood work trying to cash in!
Originally Posted by xuserx04
This whole thing really makes me angry. F-ing gold diggers destroying the reputation of a lexus vehicle. How is it that in my two years of owning my LS and putting well over 100K miles on did it once accelerate involuntarily?
Originally Posted by TJW98LS
+1

Upsets me too. 180K on the 430 and never has it once had a problem with unintended acceleration. Maybe not accelerating fast enough though
Originally Posted by 666ogre666
Its so strange how all of these "coincidences" happen at the same time. The car was seven years old and yet it just randomly happened at the same time as all the other ones. Weird.

I truly am happy to see that for the most part everyone on this fourm can see that our model years (almost 10 years old --- starting at the 01's ) can see that there is nothing with our cars... im not calling out anyone but there were a few threads started about unintended acc., surely there would have been something almost 9 years ago... I just cant believe what this country has come to... lol had to vent!

and only 22!
Old 03-18-10, 03:17 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Had enough...

Originally Posted by usermel
... Sad, just sad!!! L.G.N.M(Love.God.Not.Money)
Finally had enough of people asking you what LGNM meant right?
Old 03-18-10, 06:01 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Blame the so call "News Media". Strange how they report anything some apparent idiot has to say. "News" is not just passing on everything you hear. Statistically, there are many, many mentally impared people in the the world. Not a put down, just a fact. You can find someone, somewhere that will support any statement someone wants to put forth. The news media keeps asking for people to provide their opinion on some idiot issue. I really could care less about some unknown person's "opinion" that may have no credentials to discuss the issue with facts.

Just ignore all this gibberish. Just my opinion.
True. Most of the "news" is a jumble of sound bites and teasers mixed with agenda and sensationalism to the point that you can't really rely on any of it to accurately reflect reality. And I agree about the "any apparent idiot" part -- CNN and the like will actually spend time on-air to read messages from random unqualified people who send things via Twitter and Facebook. How pathetic. Why waste our time with the opinion of some random dumb@ss just because he can text via his cell phone??? What are they, so desperate for audience that they create a "lottery" of sorts where people send Tweets and hope to see them read on air? I can't stand having to hear those networks when I'm in a public place that runs CNN or HNN.
Old 03-18-10, 06:07 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have switched my evening news source to BBC a few months back and have actually found about 75% of their programming to be factual and on topic. For world news at least, but i usually change the channel whenever they get onto some UK politics

cnn and fox news are just a joke to me now, i see them as the jerry springer of news outlets -- if you watch real close for hours you may catch a glimpse of some bikini babes or some side boob if your real lucky but some of their news anchor chicks are actually really hot. i bet that gets them a lot of ratings... just put on some hot latino chick and you'll get more ratings. sad but true.

Last edited by sojah; 03-18-10 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 06:52 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Network evening news and 24 hr cable news shows are populated by modern day carnies (with better hair and presentable teeth). The carnies are tongue in cheek hucksters posing as journalists. They are there to keep the drooling masses entertained and tuned in between the really important parts of the broadcast ...the commercials. I am sure most privately laugh at the idiocy that have to spout and take part in due to the gullibility of the modern day viewers that only have the limited sentience and attention span to digest sound bites instead of real information.

Rant off ...
Old 03-18-10, 07:01 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Rant off ...
I agree with everything except the "Rant off" part. We need to leave the rant ON 24/7 or else this country (and what makes it great) is going down the $h!tter in a swirl of lowest common denominator.
Old 03-18-10, 01:59 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

It's all about the money for the news networks. They make their money from paid advertisements. They can charge more if they have a higher audience. Consequently they continually sensationalize in order to gain audience. A pathetic process, as they think the average viewer is a complete moron that will believe anything they say.
Old 03-18-10, 04:27 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jayclapp
...as they think the average viewer is a complete moron that will believe anything they say.
On average, they may be right... unfortunately.
Old 03-18-10, 05:52 PM
Rice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
I agree with everything except the "Rant off" part. We need to leave the rant ON 24/7 or else this country (and what makes it great) is going down the $h!tter in a swirl of lowest common denominator.
I agree 100%. And very well put too.
First, we've been hamstrung by "political correctness" and then we are fed BS...

It is hard to believe how information gets spun and perverted to serve various agendas unless you get to experience it yourself.
I once heard CNN's report on events in another country. Events of which I was very keenly aware of from a first-hand experience. Let me tell ya. I was literally blown away. There was not an ounce of truth in that report.
The scariest thing is, that other than an internet site like this one, there is no way to get the truth out. And even the little truth that gets out is drowned out by an overwhelming amount of BS that's sloshing about the interwebs.

P.S.
I realize that this is not really the topic for a car forum.
Mea culpa if I've said too much.
Old 03-21-10, 09:13 PM
nosboi0000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The driver is high when this happen, because its almost impossible to put in park when the car is moving.
Old 03-22-10, 01:29 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Haha I love what this thread turned into but I think we should have a ls430 owner chat thread!...