2003 LS430 unintended acceleration case

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 08:51 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 155 Posts
Default 2003 LS430 unintended acceleration case

March 10, 2010 - http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ess&id=7323991

It is so far the only complaint made to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration involving the Lexus LS 430. It was filed by Marion Busick of Los Altos Hills.

Busick owns a 2003 Lexus LS 430, and assured ABC7 News that when this happened, she applied the brakes, shifted into park and shut down the engine. But nothing she did to try to stop the car worked.

Busick has filed a complaint with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. So far it's the only one filed against a 2003 Lexus LS430, and there have only been a few sudden acceleration complaints on other Lexus models built that year.
Old 03-11-10, 08:56 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 155 Posts
Default 2004 LS430 unintended acceleration

February 26, 2010 - http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...cident-in-his/

GREENSBORO -- A Greensboro man is suing Toyota and the Lexus dealership in Winston-Salem that sold and maintained a car he says involuntarily accelerated, leading to an accident in December.

William Lee Hemphill, 88, is suing Toyota Motor Corp., Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. and Flow Imports Inc. for more than $10,000 for personal injury and property damage to his 2004 Lexus LS430, according to a civil suit filed in Guilford Superior Court.

It was the second time the car accelerated involuntarily, according to the lawsuit.
Old 03-11-10, 09:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so let me get this straight,, the only people having issues are women and very old men??? phewww... i'm safe
Old 03-11-10, 09:28 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

hmmm look at that...Feb 2010, March 2010...dates AFTER the whole Toyota recall was made public..

stupid *** gold diggers.
Old 03-11-10, 09:30 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prob just trying to cash in on it..also your stupid and shouldnt be driving if you cant think to put the car in N...My gas pedal got stuck in my IS300 once but it was due to the floor mat being to high it took me all of maybe 2sec to put the car in N then the pedal popped back out and i went on about my way..
Old 03-11-10, 09:32 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

...when this happened, she applied the brakes, shifted into park and shut down the engine. But nothing she did to try to stop the car worked.
^^^ Nothing short of absurd. And ABC (not this channel, but the broadcasting company) has already been shown to be fabricating results and creating misleading stories (if you're following the unfolding ABC/Brian Ross/Gilbert scandal).

Mixed in with the handfull of legit complaints are the ignorant, the too-f'ing-stupid-to-drive, the attention wh*res, and the want-a-hand-out-from-the-deep-pockets-of-Toyota hopefuls. It's a huge mess.
Old 03-11-10, 09:52 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The gold package that caused it.

Mine has very good acceleration, thank you.
Old 03-11-10, 10:56 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I should've sued MB for unintended loss of power when the vehicle speed sensor/accelerator failed

bunch of morons and idiots on the road out there.....

I wonder if the texters are going to sue next for not getting out their way when they swerve in your lane while texting???
Old 03-11-10, 11:07 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Default So it begins

It was only a matter of time before the moronic gold diggers start coming out the wood work trying to cash in!
Old 03-11-10, 12:23 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This whole thing really makes me angry. F-ing gold diggers destroying the reputation of a lexus vehicle. How is it that in my two years of owning my LS and putting well over 100K miles on did it once accelerate involuntarily?
Old 03-11-10, 07:23 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xuserx04
This whole thing really makes me angry. F-ing gold diggers destroying the reputation of a lexus vehicle. How is it that in my two years of owning my LS and putting well over 100K miles on did it once accelerate involuntarily?
+1

Upsets me too. 180K on the 430 and never has it once had a problem with unintended acceleration. Maybe not accelerating fast enough though
Old 03-15-10, 11:06 AM
Gil Smash
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its so strange how all of these "coincidences" happen at the same time. The car was seven years old and yet it just randomly happened at the same time as all the other ones. Weird.
Old 03-17-10, 08:13 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After I read this... I had a sudden acceleration problem too, I had to run to bathroom and take a big dump. For all these lawsuits that are thrown around, there needs to be some consequence for people that start un-substantiated lawsuits. Like perhaps 10-years jail time if shown the suit was false. Then perhaps people will think twice about starting these things.
Old 03-17-10, 05:59 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Blame the so call "News Media". Strange how they report anything some apparent idiot has to say. "News" is not just passing on everything you hear. Statistically, there are many, many mentally impared people in the the world. Not a put down, just a fact. You can find someone, somewhere that will support any statement someone wants to put forth. The news media keeps asking for people to provide their opinion on some idiot issue. I really could care less about some unknown person's "opinion" that may have no credentials to discuss the issue with facts.

Just ignore all this gibberish. Just my opinion.
Old 03-17-10, 10:31 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, what is happening in todays world is nothing short of horrible. Who's telling the truth? Who's lying. What's sad isn't those who may or may not be lying abuot there claims of acceleration!!! What's sad is those people who legitimately have had issues being railroaded by potential fruadulent claims.

Am I saying folks are lying? Of course not, judge not is my motto. Im just hoping that people arent lying because those folks who truly lost loved ones will suffer, thats the REAL CRIME hear. Ironic how things turn around, now its starting to appear all the claims against Toyota aren't legitimate. This will hurt honest claims by those who were telling the truth.

Oh well, I Like my car but what I LOVE is honesty more and no dollar amount nor car is worth me lying to prosper knowing I can possibly harm those who have legitimate claims that lost LOVED ONES, sad, just sad and if there are people who have filed false claims I hope they pay for a crime more serious than fraud. The crime is destruction of honest justice and destroying the progress of truthful claims by those who really lost control of there cars due to unexpected acceleration.

Sad, just sad!!! L.G.N.M(Love.God.Not.Money)

Quick Reply: 2003 LS430 unintended acceleration case