Comparison... 2004 vs 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 04:46 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
If this is the car you are looking at, two items:

- You may be able work a bit on the price since it is a premium and lacks nav.

- Check carefully for paint match as silver is notorious for having paint match issues if a bumper (or anything else) was repainted.

Good luck.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Damn... you're good Caddy!!! It is the one. My only reservation is the grey interior but I am so jazzed up about getting an LS right now I can't see straight! They just got an 05 with tan interior with Nav (which I don't actually want) but I am not in the mood to spend that much. Am I crazy to not want Nav? My wife's Navigator has it and maybe I am getting old but I cannot operate it to save my life!
Old 03-19-10, 05:13 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I also don't care for the gray interior or the nav functionalty. (I need to spend some time with the nav when I get the car back from the shop.) I wanted the bluetooth, but the integration with the voice commands is lacking. However, I don't care for the looks of the non-nav dash plus I wanted the rest of the CL goodies. The nav came along for the ride.
Old 03-19-10, 06:34 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

I have had bluetooth with a variety of different phones and it never seems to work very well so I am pretty much done with it. I love it when it works. What is the CL package? I am only familiar with UL and ML...
Old 03-19-10, 07:11 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

^^
CL is custom luxury - ML plus more leather trim on dash, doors, & console; upgraded leather (semi aniline or "comfort"); suede headliner; laminated side glass; power door closers; and headlamp washers. Basically, everything in the ultra luxury package except the air suspension and rear seat upgrades.
Old 03-19-10, 07:50 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

oohhhhh.... that may have just changed the rules!
Old 03-19-10, 08:18 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oh yeah...

Originally Posted by kg19989
oohhhhh.... that may have just changed the rules!
Oh yeah... the CL is quite a big upgrade from the ML, without the "ultra"ness of the UL trim. If you're never going to sit in the back, and don't really care for the air suspension, then CL is your pick.

I picked CL and it's top of the class for me. I have enough air in me, don't need it in my suspension...
Old 03-20-10, 07:44 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

^^
CL is custom luxury - ML plus more leather trim on dash, doors, & console; upgraded leather (semi aniline or "comfort"); suede headliner; laminated side glass; power door closers; and headlamp washers. Basically, everything in the ultra luxury package except the air suspension and rear seat upgrades.
More precisely, the 04 UL also includes these items that are not a part of the CL: smart access, read door sunshades,separate rear air conditioner with air filtration (which also provides cooling to the rear seats).
Old 03-20-10, 01:22 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

If this is the car you are looking at, two items:

- You may be able work a bit on the price since it is a premium and lacks nav.

- Check carefully for paint match as silver is notorious for having paint match issues if a bumper (or anything else) was repainted.

Good luck.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Caddy... you are right... there was some front end damage. Not sure the extent of the damage but you inspired me earlier and the white/tan 05 they have is CL!!!! They want $29,995...
I am assuming CL. It has the plate around the emblem on the grill and headlight washers. I did not see the air suspension button...
Old 03-20-10, 03:29 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

The listing on that white / tan 05 says the color is parchment, which likely means moonlight pearl. (Too bad they don't have pics up yet.) If it is a CL, it will have headlamp washers on the front bumper and no rear seat radio, climate, and seat controls on the rear center armrest. (The plate around the front emblem is the cover for the radar in the PCS system. That's an upgrade from the base CL or UL.) The interior is probably ecru, which is light beige / off white. If you want this car, I'd make sure to buy it CPO as the radar system is expensive to repair.
Old 03-20-10, 07:01 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

The listing on that white / tan 05 says the color is parchment, which likely means moonlight pearl. (Too bad they don't have pics up yet.) If it is a CL, it will have headlamp washers on the front bumper and no rear seat radio, climate, and seat controls on the rear center armrest. (The plate around the front emblem is the cover for the radar in the PCS system. That's an upgrade from the base CL or UL.) The interior is probably ecru, which is light beige / off white. If you want this car, I'd make sure to buy it CPO as the radar system is expensive to repair.
Thanks again. As always you are rock solid! My office is around the corner from North Park so I will go Monday and get the lowdown. I am not leaving there Monday without and LS!!!! BTW... why is yours in the shop?
Old 03-20-10, 07:15 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kg19989
BTW... why is yours in the shop?
Despite the parking sensors and rearview camera, the last owner didn't know how to park. I'm just getting it all sorted out before I use it as my daily driver.
Old 03-22-10, 10:18 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Interesting... it is a CL however it doesn't have the smart key. It uses an old fashioned key like my 06 ES does. No buttons on the door handle, standard old ignition...

The leather on the console and lower dash is NICE!!!!! The headliner looks like the headliner in the other LS models though... maybe just my untrained eye.
Old 03-22-10, 11:12 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

They are working the paper on the 04 as I type. clean clean clean!!!
I guess I will just have to get used to the gray interior. could be worse I guess.

Old 03-22-10, 11:38 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

So, you're buying the silver 04?
Old 03-22-10, 02:15 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

That 04 is a very nice looking car!

Quick Reply: Comparison... 2004 vs 2006